Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,
I decided to try out a pair of the DJI Goggles, so looked around a few dealers UK, but not sure after the warning from several people on here.
So ordered direct from DJI web page, (1) Goggles (2) Sleeve Bag (3) HDMI Adapter (4) OTG USB Lead as I dont have a Mavic Pro but a Spark Combo. Placed the order Wednesday ( 1/11/17 ) about Lunch time, they arrived Friday ( 3/11/17 )  about Lunch time  -   Now that's what I call Service.
Two days from order to delivery, Brilliant, now it all needs setting up and checking, I will let you know how I did as I get going.
Thanks for your time, bye
davawt

(6/11/17)
- See Update Below -
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your positive experience! If there is any questions, please contact us anytime, we'll be here for help. Have a nice weekend!
2017-11-3
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 19:55
Thanks for sharing your positive experience! If there is any questions, please contact us anytime, we'll be here for help. Have a nice weekend!

Hi Susan,
Thank you, and I hope you have a nice weekend I have already seen the goggles working on the Spark, but only in at home no flying yet. I will need to set the fitting as I wear glasses. Also going to try to see if I can have the Goggles just for viewing ( For my Brother to see ) and still have the iPad working on the Controller.
This weekend in the UK is for BonFire Night and the weather as usual is raining and cold.
I will be setting up the Inspire 1.v2 during the weekend hopefully.
bye
davawt
2017-11-3
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You should try using them with a HDMI from a TV. Really weird but it looks great!
2017-11-6
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-11-6 01:18
You should try using them with a HDMI from a TV. Really weird but it looks great!

Hi Mike, yes they are really useful too for just viewing video from my iPad or close up on photos.
a very good buy, but some don't like them, everyone to there choice, I think they work very well and keep trying different stuff on them, I have a pair of lens coming in a few days, I usually wear glasses so a bit big.
So going to give these a try, my age is keeping me in check 70 but still trying stuff just for the fun of discovering new stuff. bye Mike
davawt
2017-11-6
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update, ( 6/11/17 )
Just did some testing and they work with the Spark, Inspire 1.v2, and the Phantom 4 Pro.

( Inspire ) The best yet is the Inspire 1 you can set these to view the camera functions from a second RC and of course you can zoom and take video and photos from the second RC, I am talking about using the Inspire 1 HDMI port on the second RC, full control as a camera controller with the Goggles for your view and usual setup on controller first controller for pilot with iPad. ( No spotter Needed )
( Spark ) Very good view from the Goggles and you can still have the IPhone/iPad for the pilot to control the Sparky, set the iPad up as WiFi to the controller is does that by its self, then using a Apple adapter Lightning to HDMI you can view just as the pilot sees.( No Spotter Needed ) The Goggles can be used to control the Spark if you just use the OTG and the Goggles and RC ( Spotter Needed )
( Phantom 4 Pro ) I am sorry but really had no time to try this properly yet as the weather and other things have got in the way, But it does work, but for us in the UK (EU) we only have a USB port so really only used as a Pilot item, ( Spotter Needed )
I am still trying this out with the Goggles and iPad connected via the Apple Adapter to get HDMI Goggles ( Viewing ) and the iPad for the Pilot to see as usual, I will get back to you when I have a chance to give that a good try.
Well worth the money and the time testing, they are great.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

davawt Posted at 2017-11-7 08:12
Update, ( 6/11/17 )
Just did some testing and they work with the Spark, Inspire 1.v2, and the Phantom 4 Pro.

I am happy to hear that you like it. I myself, too. Especially head tracking makes a lot of fun. Enjoy!
2017-11-7
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-7 19:48
I am happy to hear that you like it. I myself, too. Especially head tracking makes a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Cheers Thor,
They're great bit of kit, I use a pair of added lens inside the Goggles head area, they just clip in and fix my focus problem. They are available around the web including eBay UK. No more reading glasses to fit,
bye
davawt
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules