Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Batteries dead after long term storage
42125 47 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5166ae2f
lvl.1
United States

ckh Posted at 2018-4-27 07:44
Hello v1k0d3n... I certainly felt the same pain as you last year.  But I can report that after getting new batteries and updating the firmware on my old batteries (and getting some batteries from another supplier - called PowerExtra I believe)  that I have now managed to leave batteries on the storage tray for 6 months with the tray set to storage mode and I have not lost another battery due to this discharge issue.  So touch wood... I hope this will continue.  I have a recreational property far from home and thus leave batteries at each end to avoid having to carry them on aircraft and thus must leave batteries in storage mode when away.  So I think the only solution is to invest in a storage tray and make sure all batteries have current firmware.  Regards,  Kevin

What is the best way to update firmware on battery’s?
2019-7-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Charging my four flight packs now, as we speak... two times two...

Having two 100w DJI chargers is the balls.

RedHotPoker

2019-7-14
Use props
djiuser_7FjJW990OKDa
New

United States

This seems like a known problem.  Storage mode did not work due to a known firmware issue but dji failed to inform customers.  Now that my outrageously expensive batteries are dead and no longer covered by warranty one of which has never been airborne.... This sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.  
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_7FjJW990OKDa
New

United States

fans87303c4f Posted at 2018-5-15 12:36
Let us know what they say...totally unacceptable that this is happening.

One of my dead ones have never been airborne.  I'm considering starting a class action law suit.  If anyone is interested in joining the class let me know.
2019-12-11
Use props
fansd9696733
New

United States

djiuser_7FjJW990OKDa Posted at 2019-12-11 23:04
One of my dead ones have never been airborne.  I'm considering starting a class action law suit.  If anyone is interested in joining the class let me know.

I’m way behind on this thread. What have some of you done with the batteries? I’m well past my warranty since I bought my p4 in 2016. It’s a shame since I’ve only had a handful of flights with it compared to my mavic pro.

I was thinking of trying to open them up and see if I get any type of voltage. 2 of my 3 batteries flash the first indicator then dies while the last one doesn’t even bother responding.
2020-5-19
Use props
demidos
New
Flight distance : 146299 ft

Russia

Hi. I bought a broken battery and ran into a problem caused by my lack of accuracy. I charged the battery with imax b6 a little and in theory this will bypass the charge meter, but I accidentally short-circuited the diode located next to the + contact from the battery to the main battery board. does anyone have a schematic diagram and signals at the control points? the battery does not fully respond to button presses. the voltages at the control points, which I identified by the signature as not explicitly informational correspond to the working (and only one) battery. P.S. I can replace the chips myself if necessary and if there is a firmware
2022-1-5
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I'm late to the party. I was unaware that storage mode was an issue. Had 3 batteries on the charger in normal charge mode. Fully charged without issue. I decided to switch to Storage Mode since I wasn't using them. Now I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. 3 batteries that will not wake up. Is there a solution?
2022-4-29
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 22:31
When and where did you buy the battery? If the batteries are idle for a long time, fully charging and discharging is recommended every 3 months to keep the liveness. And I'll attach the battery maintenance for your reference.

2022-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules