Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 2016 model : Beta firmware, flight stability
1224 15 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Just curious if we are any closer to fixing the stability issues that some of us are seeing. The common thread seems to be early 2016 models affected when I ask people. Same in local people I have assisted here in downgrading etc...  I would love to exchange this for one that works, but now due to waiting for firmware I am 6 to 8 mths out of warranty.

I am not complaining, just bummed that I had to drop way back on firmware and would have loved to spend this summer using all the new features and the new DJIGo app. I can't use the new app, as it limits flight range with the older firmware, can't use the new firmware as the drone is unsafe on it and shakes like jiffy pop bag.

I would send mine in for repair, but my drone is like new and I really don't want a refurbished one thats not as pristine as this one. (Stingey I know). But I baby my stuff. That it flies great on the old firmware, so I don't want to fix what might not be broken, or put anymore cash into thing at this point.

Just curious if anyone has an update, we are almost to winter here now, and I have been watching the forums a long time, noticed some of the threads are getting long in posts. Would love to see a sticky post that stays at the top updates us when something is figured out.

thank you all,

Brett

P.S. please dont post a response to calibrate, flash 2 times, remove the SD card etc... I have done ALL of that. I am just looking for response to see if we truly have a clue as to what is up. Should I just stay on the old firmware and not update the app as well?  I check here often and it seems to just be going on forever, not comlpaining really, just totaly bummed out with the thing. Greatfull my P2 still flys like a seagull ;-).
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Brett, thanks for your attention all the time. Generally, I would recommend to update the firmware and APP at the same time. Then you can login your DJI account to get rid of the flight limits.

If you have the wobble issue after updating to the firmware, please let us know and we'd like to help you get the latest beta firmware. Please check here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-39-1.html
Any feedback about the beta firmware will be appreciated. Thanks for your time and understanding.
2017-11-3
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Hey  Brett, I know where you’re coming from. My P4 is a July 2016 purchase and I too had the same issue. I agree it’s been a very long time in resolving this but I believe DJI is very close. I’m not so sure that it matters when our P4’s were manufactured as it’s very sporadic as to which ones are affected. I also did all the things you did; SD card out when updating, refresh, etc with no luck. I  downgraded to version 602 via the 3rd party downgrade software that’s out there and it worked but I wanted the new features as well. Once I got on to the Beta list, all problems were gone. It flys like it did before the the problematic update. I have no doubt that we’ll see a new final version soon but until then, Beta 600 is fine with me and many others on here too.
2017-11-3
Use props
edith
lvl.3
Flight distance : 277733 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I have the same problem with my P4. It worked beautifully before the upgrade, then it's just issues. I already upgraded to the Beta 600 version, solved some problems such as resetting the camera, but the problems continue. The biggest problem is the transmission of the image to the RC, it does not work, it is always failing, even in the open and without interference. I no longer know what to do, I'm getting desperate, because I need P4 to work, so I can not work like that.
2017-11-4
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

edith Posted at 2017-11-4 03:03
I have the same problem with my P4. It worked beautifully before the upgrade, then it's just issues. I already upgraded to the Beta 600 version, solved some problems such as resetting the camera, but the problems continue. The biggest problem is the transmission of the image to the RC, it does not work, it is always failing, even in the open and without interference. I no longer know what to do, I'm getting desperate, because I need P4 to work, so I can not work like that.

Are you using 'auto' option for video transmission channel to switch automatically?
2017-11-4
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

I went V02.00.0600 BETA this morning and flew SAFE afterwards. (upgrade + refresh without SD card).  Did not re-calibrate anything.  Did not test anything other than flight behavior.  I did notice big delay in record-button stops.
It was 2016 first batch P4 and flew BAD with V02.00.0106.  (PM'd DJI Diana for BETA.)
2017-11-4
Use props
edith
lvl.3
Flight distance : 277733 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-4 06:27
Are you using 'auto' option for video transmission channel to switch automatically?

Yes, the video transmission is 'auto'
2017-11-4
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

I purchased my P4 in December 2016, and I'm currently using the 0.600 BETA.  My current issues include "Radio Channel Quality = Poor", very short range. I too have done all of methods of flashing with and without memory card. Very frustrating
2017-11-4
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
United States

echopiece Posted at 2017-11-4 09:33
I purchased my P4 in December 2016, and I'm currently using the 0.600 BETA.  My current issues include "Radio Channel Quality = Poor", very short range. I too have done all of methods of flashing with and without memory card. Very frustrating

"Poor" radio quality was/is true for me no matter which firmware.  it is either the RC or the App, not the drone firmware.
2017-11-4
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

Looks like were still in Beta here, wow.

Flashed it again for the heck of it. Still unstable, shakes and twitches in flight, reverted back.

I may just be stuck at this firmware level as I am now out of warranty in waiting on the beta.
2017-11-30
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
United States

BSilverthorn Posted at 2017-11-30 05:57
Looks like were still in Beta here, wow.

Flashed it again for the heck of it. Still unstable, shakes and twitches in flight, reverted back.

just in case: remove sd -card, flash beta, reboot, refresh (reflash) beta. try flight again.  calibrate vps if it still sucks.  

if that fails then only thing that might work is double flash downgrade of v01.02.0602 (without sd-card)

unsure of your history, but both methods worked for my first batch P4
2017-11-30
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

Still getting high wind warning. Video transmitting very bad, didn't see the erratic behaviour from previously.
2017-11-30
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

I'm running the beta
2017-11-30
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

I could handle the fake wind warning, if I could get the wobble out there.
I get the wind warning when its hovering in a building.
2017-11-30
Use props
nickzavi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137257 ft
Greece

4months ago i have strong signal in my phantom4 and going 5kmh and now i have only 400meters. wtf is going on with the signal ?? i have downgrade to older version but the problem remains. i think with this new updates we have taken a hardware failure. i dont know im very disappointed. i have try olders versions of firmware  and the problem remains. maybe we have a hardware failure because of this crazy updates. failure updates.??? sory for my english.  my signal is very poor
2017-11-30
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
United States

nickzavi Posted at 2017-11-30 13:53
4months ago i have strong signal in my phantom4 and going 5kmh and now i have only 400meters. wtf is going on with the signal ?? i have downgrade to older version but the problem remains. i think with this new updates we have taken a hardware failure. i dont know im very disappointed. i have try olders versions of firmware  and the problem remains. maybe we have a hardware failure because of this crazy updates. failure updates.??? sory for my english.  my signal is very poor

Make sure you flash it twice, with out the SD card in. Once dropping back I have had no problems, but I did have to flash twice. Maybe three times to get the second batter updated, I don't recall now.

I hear that 2.06x? or the latest beta is really close, it hasn't worked for me yet, but I am staying on the old for a bit as for know I can feel safer flying. It doesn't weeble wobble.

2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules