Iphone X not connecting to controller
5652 14 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KellarAerialSpe
New
Flight distance : 23622 ft
United States

I'm not sure what else to say except for the title. It simply won't connect.
I'd also love it if the app used all of the Iphone X's screen, that way we could get a larger image when flying, even if slightly cropped. Or add the option to expand the visual or shrink it like it does with videos. Thank you.

2017-11-3
Use props
KellarAerialSpe
New
Flight distance : 23622 ft
United States

Update. Got it working. Once you get the iPhone X you must update it to iOS 11.1..

I would still like to recommend making the DJI go 4 app work better with the iPhone X.. You could take the icons off the view of the camera.
2017-11-3
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

how does it work with that funny part of the screen on the top of the phone?
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your update and glad to hear all get worked now. Happy flying.
2017-11-5
Use props
fans44979574
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324783 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue but everything is up to date and on the latest version :/ can anyone help please?
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans44979574 Posted at 2017-11-9 21:11
I’m having the same issue but everything is up to date and on the latest version :/ can anyone help please?

What is the current APP version?
What about trying other mobile device?
Please inform us the model of your drone as well, thank you.
2017-11-10
Use props
fans44979574
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324783 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-10 00:41
What is the current APP version?
What about trying other mobile device?
Please inform us the model of your drone as well, thank you.

Hi,
Sorry, I didn't get notified that I had a reply.

DJI Go 4 App version: 4.1.17
iOS Version: 11.1.1
I was able to fly my mavic using my ipad pro 9.7 inch running iOS version 11.1.1
Mavic Pro (original one not platinum) Not sure what firmware until I go back home but when I flew it last night (on my ipad) it said that it was on the latest firmware.
BTW, Thank you for your help!!
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_yzO33Zd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11693 ft
United States

Same issue: iPhone X iOS 11.1.2 (latest)
dji Mavic Pro with latest firmware
dji Go version 4.1.18 (latest)  
Everything worked fine with my iPhone 7 plus. It still works fine with my iPad.

iPhone X will NOT connect to the remote controller, and will NOT scan the QR code

Tried both cables: Short cable from iPhone’s lightning plug to the RC side port and a USB cable to the port on the bottom (where the iPad connects):  
New iPhone X will not connect but the iPad works fine, so it looks like it’s a problem with iPhone X  

Help? Suggestions?
2017-11-27
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not sure what your problems might be, I have no problems at all connecting to Inspire 2, Osmo Mobile or Mavic on my iPhone x. Screen shot from iPhone X connected to Mavic Controller.
IOS 11.1.2,  App: 4.1.18
IMG_0486.jpg
2017-11-27
Use props
fanse3d56fd6
lvl.1
Thailand

Same issue:
iPhone X iOS 11.1.2 (latest)
dji Mavic Pro with latest firmware
dji Go version 4.1.18 (latest)  
Everything worked fine with my iPhone 6s plus. It still works fine with my iPad Pro 10.5

iPhone X will NOT connect to the remote controller, and will NOT scan the QR code

Tried both cables: Short cable from iPhone’s lightning plug to the RC side port and a USB cable to the port on the bottom (where the iPad connects):  
New iPhone X will not connect but the iPad works fine, so it looks like it’s a problem with iPhone X  

Help? Suggestions?
2017-11-27
Use props
djiuser_yzO33Zd
lvl.1
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-27 12:48
Not sure what your problems might be, I have no problems at all connecting to Inspire 2, Osmo Mobile or Mavic on my iPhone x. Screen shot from iPhone X connected to Mavic Controller.
IOS 11.1.2,  App: 4.1.18

Thanks for sharing that--I'm glad to know that it's working for somebody, even if not me, yet.

A couple  questions: I'm assuming you had been using it with an older phone before you got the X, right?

What was that prior phone?

And did you have to do anything to tell it there was a new device, or did you just plug it in and everything just went like nothing changed?

I'm wondering if this is my problem: I had trouble setting up my new iPhone X (Verizon shipped it with a bad, used SIM card that didn't match the ICCID in their records), so I had to do a "Reset all settings" on my old phone before moving everything over.

I tried scanning the QR code on the Mavic from the X, but the scan fails, and I can't find where to enter the scan code manually. I'm stuck until I can get passed that -- the scan won't go, and the DJI Go app won't let me enter it manually, it just locks up after trying to scan the QR code.
2017-11-28
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_yzO33Zd Posted at 2017-11-28 03:41
Thanks for sharing that--I'm glad to know that it's working for somebody, even if not me, yet.

A couple  questions: I'm assuming you had been using it with an older phone before you got the X, right?

Morning, Sorry about your issues connecting.

I am not normally flying using the phone, using iPad Mini 4 for the Mavic. Only using the phone as a testbed to check compatibility with new apps before installing.

As for the QR code: I have never used the code for any of my drones, always install manually.

First thing I would try is deleting the app, reboot the phone and reinstall the app. If that fails, I would try another phone if you have access to one.

Lastly there might be some issues with carrier specific settings on the phone, my iPhone X was purchased unlocked directly from Apple. Also this is a new phone model, and not tested or recommended for use by DJI.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
EDIT: If all fails: as a last ditch try, maybe downgrade the firmware on the Mavic and give that a go.
2017-11-28
Use props
cyberchuck
lvl.1
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-11-28 04:49
Morning, Sorry about your issues connecting.

I am not normally flying using the phone, using iPad Mini 4 for the Mavic. Only using the phone as a testbed to check compatibility with new apps before installing.

Thanks again for your advice! Unfortunately, it's still not working, but I'm closer to figuring out why:

* Tried scanning the QR code again, multiple times, same result: Says it can't scan it, try doing it manually.

* On my iPhone X, I go to Settings, Wi-Fi. Isn't that where I should see the Mavic, under Choose A Network? It's not there, just my home router and printer. Is there something I have to do on the RC or the Mavic to get it to turn Wi-Fi on, as if it were new and doing this for the first time? I tried flipping the switch inside the little door with the micro SD card to Wi-Fi, but that didn't make any difference.

I have the feeling there's some simple, dumb thing happening here, but for all the searching of manuals and web resources I've done, I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
2017-11-28
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

cyberchuck Posted at 2017-11-28 15:44
Thanks again for your advice! Unfortunately, it's still not working, but I'm closer to figuring out why:

* Tried scanning the QR code again, multiple times, same result: Says it can't scan it, try doing it manually.

@ Syberchuck, sorry but I did respond to someone else, my assumption was that he could not connect to the controller.That is what the hedding for this tread says.

It seem like you are talking about connecting via wi-fi only, without controller.
Different all together.
So to connect via wi-fi, did you change the switch to wi-fi on? Located under the small door on the right side of the drone.
The wi-fi SSD is found under the battery, then you should be able to connect.

Edit: just tried mine and it appears there is a problem to connect via WI-FI. Says "no internet" and will not connect. Sorry it works with controller but not via wi-fi it seems.
2017-11-28
Use props
fans34d89ff9
New

Mexico

cyberchuck Posted at 2017-11-28 15:44

SAME HAPPENS TO ME EVERY TIME
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules