No fly zone/cannot take off
21903 27 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_s0QPqMJ
New

United States

So i recently purchased the mavic and was able to fly it a couple times but today when i went out to fly it says "cannot take off NFZ" so that means i can no longer fly at slow speeds and low heights around my house? Anyone else have these issues?
2017-11-3
Use props
Ghost30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126801 ft
United States

Yes, you are near an airport or military base.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The drone will not be available to take-off if you are near the airport or similar. I would recommend you to drive away for several hours to fly the drone.
2017-11-4
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-4 00:31
The drone will not be available to take-off if you are near the airport or similar. I would recommend you to drive away for several hours to fly the drone.

Susan, who I their right mind would want to drive "several" hours from home, just to fly.
2017-11-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You can go to DJI's Advanced Unlock page  DJI Advanced Unlocking and see if what restricted area you are in if any. You must be signed into your account, scroll down to Unlocking Plans then click "Create" scroll the map to find the location you want to fly in, Green & Yellow zones can be unlocked on line / in advance of flying, Red zones require Authorization from Flysafe@dji.com.
2017-11-4
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

that's a long way to go to fly maybe susan ment  miles !!
2017-11-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you were able to fly in the same location before it's possible that this occurred because of a Temporary Flying Restriction (TFR) that is, as its name implies, temporary (e.g., the President is in the area or a major sporting event is scheduled). As previously mentioned, you'll want to consult DJI's GEO map to find out where you and can't fly.
2017-11-4
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

I'm 50 yard of a NOTAM from Schiphol, Dutch airport. I get a warning but I'm still able to fly.
2017-11-4
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

maybe you're in beginner mode?
2017-11-4
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-4 00:47
Susan, who I their right mind would want to drive "several" hours from home, just to fly.

Do you not think that she meant miles?
2017-11-4
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

or Km, all depends on where she is from.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-4 00:47

The annoyance of living in a big city with huge populations...
2017-11-7
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-7 02:00
The annoyance of living in a big city with huge populations...

Susan, you got me there. Since I live in a small town, away from major airports etc, I didn't think of those poor soles, living in the big cities.
2017-11-7
Use props
N1QXV
lvl.2

United States

Downgrade your firmware below .007 and unlock the NFZ hindrance.
2017-11-7
Use props
TobyDogs
lvl.2
United States

Mr Trump is playing gold in NJ Bedminster.  the NO Fly zone was set 8/2 to 8/13.   it was 3 zones crossing NY state lines to rockland county where my club flys[RCRCC].  Today the zones went down to 2 circles and remained on the NJ side only. drove to the club.....NO FLY ZONE!!!!!!!   I bought this Spark to take Air vids for the folks doing skits for our church VBS.  Spent hr's and $$$.$$'s to do this and struck out.  Totally bummed out because i would have waited till Christmas when serious sale appear.   I can't even fly in my own tiny yard to video a sunset.   Is there anyway around these restrictions so i can fly at the club field????   I can fly everything else in the hanger which is over flowing with quads for freestyle and speed.   Just nothing in the hanger to do AP neatly.    What a drag DJI.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TobyDogs Posted at 2018-8-5 13:08
Mr Trump is playing gold in NJ Bedminster.  the NO Fly zone was set 8/2 to 8/13.   it was 3 zones crossing NY state lines to rockland county where my club flys[RCRCC].  Today the zones went down to 2 circles and remained on the NJ side only. drove to the club.....NO FLY ZONE!!!!!!!   I bought this Spark to take Air vids for the folks doing skits for our church VBS.  Spent hr's and $$$.$$'s to do this and struck out.  Totally bummed out because i would have waited till Christmas when serious sale appear.   I can't even fly in my own tiny yard to video a sunset.   Is there anyway around these restrictions so i can fly at the club field????   I can fly everything else in the hanger which is over flowing with quads for freestyle and speed.   Just nothing in the hanger to do AP neatly.    What a drag DJI.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would recommend sending an email to our team for you to unlock the specific location in a specified time and provide the SN of your aircraft as well. Please see the address below.

flysafe@dji.com
2018-8-6
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>

Download an app to your phone, works pretty good.  It's called AirMap.  Lets you know if you can or can't fly.
2018-8-6
Use props
TobyDogs
lvl.2
United States

I have the FAA site mapes t review and all dates involved.  I think DJI needs to re-adjust their paramiteres of restrictions for the Spark.   They have the technology.  They know the spark is limited in it's distances and surely can't carry any weight to make it a threat. Yellow zones should be unlocked and red zone's......i understand.   what a pain to be treated like a child with a toy drone who fly irresponsibly.  I wouldn't waste my $600 to fly like a jerk.   
2018-8-6
Use props
Freeradical26
lvl.1

United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-4 00:53
You can go to DJI's Advanced Unlock page  DJI Advanced Unlocking and see if what restricted area you are in if any. You must be signed into your account, scroll down to Unlocking Plans then click "Create" scroll the map to find the location you want to fly in, Green & Yellow zones can be unlocked on line / in advance of flying, Red zones require Authorization from .

The hell you can i applied 3 times and was granted permission but the aircraft still will not take off. Thos is total bull sh**. I am look8ng for a different flight cotrol method to get away from shi**y DJI !
2018-11-10
Use props
Freeradical26
lvl.1

United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-4 00:53
You can go to DJI's Advanced Unlock page  DJI Advanced Unlocking and see if what restricted area you are in if any. You must be signed into your account, scroll down to Unlocking Plans then click "Create" scroll the map to find the location you want to fly in, Green & Yellow zones can be unlocked on line / in advance of flying, Red zones require Authorization from .

The hell you can i applied 3 times and was granted permission but the aircraft still will not take off. This is total bull sh**. I am looking for a different flight cotrol method to get away from shi**y DJI !
2018-11-10
Use props
TrishB
New

United States

im in the blue zone ..haven't ever been ale to fly it because if this ...is there a unlock this for dummies manual so I can do a birds eye of my house...?
2019-1-26
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Mr Trump is playing gold in NJ Bedminster.  the NO Fly zone was set 8/2 to 8/13.   it was 3 zones crossing NY state lines to rockland county where my club flys[RCRCC].  Today the zones went down to 2 circles and remained on the NJ side only. drove to the club.....NO FLY ZONE!!!!!!!   I bought this Spark to take Air vids for the folks doing skits for our church VBS.  Spent hr's and $$$.$$'s to do this and struck out.  Totally bummed out because i would have waited till Christmas when serious sale appear.   I can't even fly in my own tiny yard to video a sunset.   Is there anyway around these restrictions so i can fly at the club field????   I can fly everything else in the hanger which is over flowing with quads for freestyle and speed.   Just nothing in the hanger to do AP neatly.    What a drag DJI.

I used to live in rockland years ago. Used to be small airport in spring valley
2019-1-26
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I used to live in rockland years ago. Used to be small airport in spring valley
2019-1-26
Use props
NITROfilm
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-4 00:31

airports are usually about 4km ... so several minutes would probably be more like it.
in NZ we have airshare.co.nz which details flight zones and automated flight plan logging (real quick and free to use) - you probably have something similar
2019-3-4
Use props
NITROfilm
lvl.1
New Zealand

The flight restrictions aren't defined by DJI - they are just under a legal requirement to build them into the drones. if you do have a need to fly in restricted areas most countries have a qualification/licensing arrangement which makes it possible. Yes it's a lot to do, but it is what it is.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NITROfilm Posted at 3-4 02:55
airports are usually about 4km ... so several minutes would probably be more like it.
in NZ we have airshare.co.nz which details flight zones and automated flight plan logging (real quick and free to use) - you probably have something similar

Thanks for heading up. I just moved to another place which is far away from the airport, no worries now.
2019-3-5
Use props
Aclas 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60820 ft
Portugal

This is very idiot
I ask and obtain a licence to fly in a red zone by the portugueses Anac. They let me fly and the Mavic don’t take of?

Mavic is above the law?

Can’t understand this.,,.
2019-5-13
Use props
Steveo Franciso
New

Philippines

So its best to buy a non dji device at a lower price and enjoy flying it anywhere you like...
2019-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules