8600 193 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

lannes Posted at 2017-11-8 05:51
I managed to get the DJI P4P CS mount to attach to my mav mount plate, so it operates like a normal tablet now with the spark and mavic controllers, which is similiar to your set up.

This is an excellent solution that I had also seen in a test video on Youtube. I might go for it as well if with the holder that I am waiting for the SC should stand up too high, I'll see.
2017-11-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-8 05:56
This is an excellent solution that I had also seen in a test video on Youtube. I might go for it as well if with the holder that I am waiting for the SC should stand up too high, I'll see.

The only problem is that it is held together by one screw, I think it needs more bracing otherwise it will twist.
Might need to bond it with epoxy to the mav mount plate
2017-11-8
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-8 03:51
Sorry misread your question I don’t use 7.85 for Mavic/Spark will just use 5.5 , 7.85 I will be using with P4Pro, although I’m sure it quite possible to use 7.85 with spark bracket for me it doesn’t really suit with all that weight to the bottom.

Hallmark...

Did you receive your 7" one yet?

And....???

:-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-8 11:28
Hallmark...

Did you receive your 7" one yet?

Hey Todd yes got it yesterday evening.

It’s a lovely piece of kit , it’s basically same as the 5.5 but for the extra $100 it is tremendous value , screen almost twice the size higher resolution two batteries .
I haven’t had a chance to use outside weather pretty bad here and much shorter days hopefully the weekend.
But having used the 5.5 for a few weeks now best advantages of using CS.

Pros:
Don’t need to use phone any longer
Better image transmission, no interference from all the clutter on our phones
Don’t need to go under a bush to see what’s on my screen
When finished flying can just pop in my sd card and see and show others what I’ve filmed

Cons:
It’s a lot heavier than an iPad
It doesn’t allow third party apps at the moment, but I think we will see this in the future.

Value for money when I see what I spend on phones almost every year its money well spent, and now I’m praying for a really bright day to see what this big boy can do.
2017-11-8
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-8 12:22

It’s a lovely piece of kit , it’s basically same as the 5.5 but for the extra $100 it is tremendous value , screen almost twice the size higher resolution two batteries .

Awesome!

Here in the states (in Chicago....ummm...duh... ;-) )....I typically get off of work around 4pm and it's getting dark around 5 now, so very limited flying after work.

I also am looking forward to this weekend, when I'll be able to utilize my new CS for the first time.

Uggg...looks like it will be about 40 degrees with a 10mph wind.

Brrr.....

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-8 12:22

Congratulations hallmark007 and I wish you a lot of good experiences with it! Weather conditions bad here as well since the beginning of the week, thus I am grounded too. And my leave is also over since Monday...
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great piece of information.
Thanks Wachtberger
2017-11-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-8 14:00
Great piece of information.
Thanks Wachtberger

Thank you Montfrooij.
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It does give me yet one more option to consider
For now either a Samsung S3 or iPad Pro 9.7 cellular seem to have the best papers.
(because I can use them to replace my Samsung Note 10.1)
2017-11-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

"......you never know in which order they will show up"

Pictures you post will appear in the reverse order in which you upload them. The first one you upload will be the last one and the last the first.
So, if you have 3 pics and want them to show up in that order, load them 3 - 2 - 1.

I just got s CS and am loving it as well.
Nice presentation.
2017-11-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-11-8 20:05
"......you never know in which order they will show up"

Pictures you post will appear in the reverse order in which you upload them. The first one you upload will be the last one and the last the first.

Thank you and yes you are right with the pictures.
2017-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-8 22:42
Thank you and yes you are right with the pictures.

Hey Watchberger big update for Crystalsky , they are now allowing up to 20 third party apps whole load of other stuff haven’t tried yet maybe tomorrow if I have time and weather permitting.
2017-11-9
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-9 06:39
Hey Watchberger big update for Crystalsky , they are now allowing up to 20 third party apps whole load of other stuff haven’t tried yet maybe tomorrow if I have time and weather permitting.

great news !
2017-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah they will allow download of 20 apps but they don’t say which ones or how so next thing is to see if we can either work it out ourselves or try to extract some information out of dji which is like pulling teeth.
2017-11-9
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-9 08:03
Yeah they will allow download of 20 apps but they don’t say which ones or how so next thing is to see if we can either work it out ourselves or try to extract some information out of dji which is like pulling teeth.

I added an availaibility callback on the 7.85 CS...
2017-11-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Have installed UAV Forecast, DU Recorder, GPS Locker, WIFI Transfer, Settings Search, Quick Shortcut Maker ( to control Notification Access and  App Usage Access) - all working
Copied APK to sd card and inserted in CS, then opened with built in explorer
2017-11-9
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

nixuspix Posted at 2017-11-9 09:17
Have installed UAV Forecast, DU Recorder, GPS Locker, WIFI Transfer, Settings Search, Quick Shortcut Maker ( to control Notification Access and  App Usage Access) - all working

can you install from an apk ? (allowing unknown sources in security tab)
2017-11-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-9 09:19
can you install from an apk ? (allowing unknown sources in security tab)

All apps were taken from my android with APK extractor, so was not asked about this. And all apps are from Google Play Store
2017-11-9
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

nixuspix Posted at 2017-11-9 09:28
All apps were taken from my android with APK extractor, so was not asked about this. And all apps are from Google Play Store

and do you know if this works with an ak from external source ? (like a modded one...)
2017-11-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Matioupi Posted at 2017-11-9 09:51
and do you know if this works with an ak from external source ? (like a modded one...)

Sorry dunno... Definitely  would tell it here
2017-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 2017-11-9 09:53
Sorry dunno... Definitely  would tell it here

Hi nixuspix as someone who is completely green to android can you tell me best way to download apps to CS.
2017-11-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-9 11:03
Hi nixuspix as someone who is completely green to android can you tell me best way to download apps to CS.

Hello Captain!
I have Mac with Android File Transfer App on it.
So follow these steps please:
1. Install free app APK Extractor on your android phone from Google Play Store
2. Start APK Extractor and process the apps, you intend to install on CS - like UAV Forecast, ....
3. These apks will be saved by APK Extractor on your phone in folder you specify in this apk settings
4. Connect Your android to mac and Android File Transfer app on MAC should open automatically, showing your phone folders
5. Go to the folder, your extracted apps were saved and just move them with mouse on your desktop.
6. Then insert microSD card, using SD card Adapter and copy all apps, you want to install on CS , to micro SD card
7 Insert then microSd card into CS and open Explorer on CS ( the most left icon on upper row) and just click on them and follow instructions
2017-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 2017-11-9 11:22
Hello Captain!
I have Mac with Android File Transfer App on it.
So follow these steps please:

I don’t have android phone.
2017-11-9
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-9 11:53

That's why i moved from IOS some time ago. IOS is closed system and no chance to transfer from IOS to Android, only if your iphone is jailbroken. Sorry.CS is 100% Android
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-9 11:53

Dear hallmark007 and all other friends,
I can see and very well understand all the excitement today because this Firmware update is of a never before seen dimension in one go for one single DJI device I believe. It's kind of revolutionary indeed and we have to thank the entire DJI team for having listened so carefully to all the user wishes expressed over time and having implemented them. I am working on an initial report but still want to improve it a bit and after having walked the dog for my mandatory evening walk with her, I'll start posting my findings.
Thus stay tuned, I'll be back soon,
Andreas
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

This is too bad and I have been stupid! I have spent more than an hour on writing a long review on today's firmware update and now it is all lost because I had not saved it in between before adding the screenshots. Please accept my apologies, but now I have to sleep. I shall rewrite the review tomorrow whenever there is a moment and post it together with all the screenshots. Bummer!
2017-11-9
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Team...

I did receive my 7" CS today!  But...in a genius move, I ordered a 3rd party charger from Amazon which won't arrive until tomorrow.

With that being said, there was enough juice in the battery to get the CS set up and download the firmware update.

I then installed the DJI Mavic/Spark bracket and had about 30 second flight in our spare bedroom.

If I get lucky enough, my charger may come in time tomorrow to charge a battery so I can go fly in the park quickly when I get off work.

:-)

Cheers for now!

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-9 15:16
This is too bad and I have been stupid! I have spent more than an hour on writing a long review on today's firmware update and now it is all lost because I had not saved it in between before adding the screenshots. Please accept my apologies, but now I have to sleep. I shall rewrite the review tomorrow whenever there is a moment and post it together with all the screenshots. Bummer!

So now my second try for the firmware update review. The update is really a big and comprehensive one and the release notes are impressive (screenshots below). Thank you DJI for having listened so well to the user wishes and having implemented them! This time the available update popped up immediately and the update process went very smooth.

DJI GO 4 is at the same level now as the versions for mobile devices offering all new features of the Spark. The most exciting new feature of CS is without doubt the possibility to install up to 20 third party apps. In my opinion it is advisable to be very self-restrictive with this new freedom in order to keep the CS as stable and fast performing as it is. We should also acknowledge that DJI will not accept any liability for the functioning of third party apps.

The question has been raised how to install additional apps. Users with other Android devices can extract them from there and install them manually on the CS. I have done that with my screen recorder (screenshots below).
The same applies for apps downloaded from e.g. APK mirror. They can then be manually installed from an USB stick with the CS file explorer.

Important update: Download of Apps from the Google Play website as I had recommended earlier is unfortunately not possible.

Screenshot_2017-11-09-18-23-46.jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-09-18-21-57.jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-09-17-19-11.jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-09-17-17-42.jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-09-17-15-33.jpg
2017-11-10
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Great job Wachtberger, appreciate this very much. Very useful IMHO. My red pointer's nose is showing right direction with new update as well. Feel more confident now.
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2017-11-10 08:08
Great job Wachtberger, appreciate this very much. Very useful IMHO. My red pointer's nose is showing right direction with new update as well. Feel more confident now.

Thank you and good to hear that the compass issue is fixed. I had seen in the release notes that they have worked on it.
2017-11-10
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-9 20:46
Team...

I did receive my 7" CS today!  But...in a genius move, I ordered a 3rd party charger from Amazon which won't arrive until tomorrow.

Yay!!

The good news is that my charger for my CS that I ordered separately and from a 3rd party was arriving on a different day than my CS.  My CS arrived yesterday and as I mentioned I had enough power in the batteries to install the latest firmware update and take a quick hover flight in our spare room last night.

My charger was set to arrive today by 8pm, and I was hoping that it would arrive as early as possible as it now gets dark early, and I only have about an hour immediately after work to fly.

Good news, bad news.  Good news is that my charger has arrived and my CS batteries are charging as I write this!

Bad news, it is now snowing in Chicago.  :-(

LOL...we'll see what happens.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-10 07:23
So now my second try for the firmware update review. The update is really a big and comprehensive one and the release notes are impressive (screenshots below). Thank you DJI for having listened so well to the user wishes and having implemented them! This time the available update popped up immediately and the update process went very smooth.

DJI GO 4 is at the same level now as thew versions for mobile devices offering all new features of the Spark. The most exciting new feature of CS is without doubt the possibility to install up to 20 third party apps. In my opinion it is advisable to be very self-restrictive with this new freedom in order to keep the CS as stable and fast performing as it is. We should also acknowledge that DJI will not accept any liability for the functioning of third party apps.

Alas I think I might have to get my hands on a cheap android device to successfully transfer successfully, android is just something I’m not familiar with, but maybe it’s something I need to get to know.

I am having a problem with my 7.85 , in that I keep receiving STRONG INTERFERENCE WARNING, it’s definitely between remote and CS as I’m receiving message when AC is turned off, i am using it with my P4Pro, not to sure where interference is coming from or what needs to be done to correct it.
2017-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-10 07:23

DJI GO 4 is at the same level now as thew versions for mobile devices offering all new features of the Spark. The most exciting new feature of CS is without doubt the possibility to install up to 20 third party apps. In my opinion it is advisable to be very self-restrictive with this new freedom in order to keep the CS as stable and fast performing as it is. We should also acknowledge that DJI will not accept any liability for the functioning of third party apps.

Just another couple of questions is it possible to to upload paid apps I.e. litchi and what is the process for updating apps.
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-10 09:13
Alas I think I might have to get my hands on a cheap android device to successfully transfer successfully, android is just something I’m not familiar with, but maybe it’s something I need to get to know.

I am having a problem with my 7.85 , in that I keep receiving STRONG INTERFERENCE WARNING, it’s definitely between remote and CS as I’m receiving message when AC is turned off, i am using it with my P4Pro, not to sure where interference is coming from or what needs to be done to correct it.

You don't need an Android device, you can download directly from Playstore.

Concerning the interference warning there is a big discussion here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... typeid%3D463&page=2
One post suggests that it does not happen with 5.8Ghz.
Interestingly those who report the issue all seem to have it with the Phantom. Maybe the Phantom RC?
Have you tried it with Spark? I haven't had the problem yet, although I have been fiddling a lot with the CS these days (AC on and off).
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-10 09:18
Just another couple of questions is it possible to to upload paid apps I.e. litchi and what is the process for updating apps.

Technically there should be no difference between paid and free apps.
For updates of apps so far we will have to download and install them ourselves I would say.
If we manage to get the Playstore App installed on the CS, this should automatically inform about updates, download and install them. That's my next project to find out if it works.
2017-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-10 09:23
You don't need an Android device, you can download directly from Playstore.

Concerning the interference warning there is a big discussion here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... typeid%3D463&page=2

Maybe I’m missing something but when I try to download I just get message , you don’t have any devices.
2017-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-10 09:29
Technically there should be no difference between paid and free apps.
For updates of apps so far we will have to download and install them ourselves I would say.
If we manage to get the Playstore App installed on the CS, this should automatically inform about updates, download and install them. That's my next project to find out if it works.

I don’t have the problem with spark or Mavic so it looks like it might be something to do with P4Pro remote.
2017-11-10
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

To install Playstore you need to install Google Play Services, Google Frameworks and maybe couple of others and believe me then you will be near to mess everything in CS.
I personally will stay away from this. Best strategy is to have minimum of apps, I have once tried to modify factory unit in my previous Honda CRV ( with Android 4.2 i guess) and it was a nightmare.
Compared to normal modern phone those systems, CS including have very weak hardware and it is easy to overload and mess everything. My 2cc to the problem
2017-11-10
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-10 09:38
Maybe I’m missing something but when I try to download I just get message , you don’t have any devices.

Do You have Android account created?
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

I have just downloaded the Playstore App from APK Mirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/go ... droid-apk-download/). Installation has worked but I did not manage to get it run.
I believe nixuspix is right and one would need to install much more than just that. And this is definitely something that I do not want on my CS! Thus I shall download the Apps I want from APK Mirror on my PC and then install them manually from an USB stick on the CS.
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules