Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NOT SOLVED FOR ANYONE IN THIS FORUM: Osmo not working with app
1383 6 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans30281083
New
India

Hi,

I'll try to be as clear as I can on the problem my Osmo is giving me. I have tried everything to make it work and I'm gutted I won't be able to take it to an expedition I'm joining.

I have three different phones that I use with the Osmo. The Osmo was working great with the app until a month ago, when the apps began detecting a Phantom instead of an Osmo. I was on-board a Research Vessel in the middle of the Ocean without wifi access, so there was nothing I could do. The third phone would detect the Osmo, but won't work with it, won't format the card, won't show anything in the camera, nothing.

The Osmo refuses to record without being connected to the app. Before, I could record even without a phone.

Now I'm back on land, about to go to sea again, and I have tried everything.

1- I updated the apps in all my devices.
2- I tried to download the latest firmware through the only device that is detecting the Osmo (the other ones still think it's a phantom) but every time it begins downloading, the download fails.
3- I tried putting the firmware update in the SD card and starting the Osmo. The Osmo does nothing, it does not automatically begin the upgrade.
4- I downloaded DJI Assist 2, but when I connect the Osmo to the computer through the USB cable, the software doesn't do anything, doesn't recognize the Osmo.
5- I tried holding the shutter, trigger and power switch for 8 seconds and let the red/green light flash for about 20 minutes, expecting to force the Osmo to reboot and run the upgrade for the firmware. Nothing.

I am out of options here, and as I said, highly disappointed these are 2 expeditions with no Osmo. But now I'm just worried my Osmo won't work again.

2017-11-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What phone(s) did you try?

Did you de-install the app and, log in with your account,  (that worked for me when I had this once)?
2017-11-6
Use props
fans30281083
New
United States

Yeah... I uninstalled the app and installed again.

I could try again. Don't you think it's strange that the osmo won't record on its own? It used to do it.
2017-11-7
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138238 ft
United States

fans30281083 Posted at 2017-11-7 18:40
Yeah... I uninstalled the app and installed again.

I could try again. Don't you think it's strange that the osmo won't record on its own? It used to do it.

Same situation ... any resolution ?
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do apologize for the inconvenience, have you tried to use different SD card and re-update the firmware? Please provide me the current firmware version of your DJI Osmo if possible and the version of DJI GO App as well.
2018-5-23
Use props
SuperDave24
New

Same situation....tried it all...
31742.jpeg
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SuperDave24 Posted at 2018-6-3 09:57
Same situation....tried it all...

Hi, we already replied to your concern, please see the link below.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-150688-1-1.html
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules