Osmo mobile no longer charging
988 4 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3087339d
New

Australia

Hi there

My Osmo mobile that I bought almost a year ago now can’t charge. It’s rarely used and this was the last bit of info I got out of it before it totally went flat

I’m trying to charge it using the Osmo mobile itself and I don’t own anything else that charges the battery. When I do plug everything in, the Osmo mobile doesn’t have any lights on

The battery has only has 5 cycles. Charge was 10.815V, cell 1: 3.597V, Cell 2 : 3.607, Cell 3 : 3.611V.

The Osmo does light up for a few seconds before shutting down which I guess is from it being flat.

So far I’ve:
1) tried multiple USB chargers ranging from iPhone 1A to a 2.4A rated charger. All verified working port with other devices
2) Cleaned contacts
3) Wiggled battery
4) Left it in the wall charging for a few hours

Is my battery dead?  Is my Osmo dead?
2017-11-4
Use props
fans3087339d
New

Australia

Btw, the Osmo was working yesterday and I noticed the battery down to 15% but everything working ok barring a few Bluetooth connection instability I attributed to iOS11
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It could be the charging cable failure.
Do you have any other batteries to test? Please try to turn the cable or pull out a little bit.
2017-11-6
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'd definitely test it with another battery if you can get hold of one...

I'd say that's likely the cause of the issue.

2017-11-7
Use props
fans3087339d
New

Australia

I've used a multimeter to check if power is even reaching the end and it does appear that it is a broken cable. Quite disappointed as I honestly have not used it as much I should have liked and the cable sat in the car. Plus the cables are crazy extensive for a bit of wire and few plugs. I've night more batteries and the gimbal still works fine but now have to wait for cables to arrive before I can really use it. Again, disappointed on my first DJI experience.
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules