3043 12 2017-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I´m thinking of buying either the P4 Pro or the Mavic Pro, but im not sure which one to buy. I know its my decision and that this question surely has been asked several times, but i would like to hear what other prople who already own both or either thinks.

I will not use it proffessionally in my work, but i would like to get good videos and photos. So the question is does the Mavic has good eneough video quality, im not so sure? I actually owned the Mavic Pro when it was released in December 2016 and i had problems with the gimbal tilting at sideways flight and some other problems, so i returned it. Don´t know if the Mavic is better now or if i would be more happy with the Mavic now?

The only reason im thinking of the Mavic Pro is the size, and maybe that it is a bit more quite? Do you people consider the P4 Pro bulky and problematic to travel with and carry around? I want to be able to have it in my car and when i see something nice to be able to setup and start to fly as fast as possible without hassle.

And how is the firmware on the P4 Pro, is it stable and safe, or does it have 30/50 meter limit problems, Lighbridge dropouts, RC disconnections, reduced range,  etc., etc.?

What do you people have to say about the P4 Pro VS the Mavic Pro?

P.S: If somebody had to guess, is the next Phantom version to be released soon or will it take a while?
2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Being the owner of both I’ll give you my 2p worth.

Mavic is a great Aircraft and great value for the money with plenty of tech it’s a great AC to fly plenty of battery time distance and speed no problem, with FW updates over the last 12 months or so it has become a very reliable stable Aircraft.
Although you can get some excellent results from its camera platform and it has plenty of options for shooting video and photography, I feel it needs a bit of upgrading in the Camera department to be used successfully on a professional basis.
It’s portability is certainly a feature to be considered, you can and will take this AC almost wherever you go.

P4Pro as an AC it is truly excellent battery time speed stability of flight are excellent that is for me, I know some have said that they are having problems which need to be sorted by new Firmware, I can only say from my use of the AC I’ve had little or no problems and for those having problems hopefully they are sorted soon.
As a Camera platform this is where it is leaps and bounds ahead of the Mavic , with its 20mp 1 inch sensor this Camera in the right hands can produce some great photography/Video, and if the photography/Video is your prime concern then P4Pro is a no brainer.
Yes it doesn’t have quite the portability that the Mavic does by quite a long way, you need to think of it as a normal size backpack that you will be carrying around with you.

Good luck with whatever choice you make I’m sure whichever one you choose you won’t be disappointed.
2017-11-5
Use props
Supercaliber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both also. The Mavic is way more portable and easier to set up and I feel, connects and stays connected much better than the P4p.. it is also quieter, more fun to fly and did I say it’s very easy to travel with? With that said, the camera is bordering on mediocre whereas the P4p camera is leaps and bounds better, in all categories. If I was you, I would wait a few more months and see what they do with the new Mavic. It’s gonna have a better camera no doubt and so will the P4p..hang on!
2017-11-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the Mavic, but it's camera is still a bit of a let down.  I've tried several different set ups and still have not been super happy with the results.  I would assume from what I've read and seen, that the P4P is on another level.  The specs alone will tell you that.  I could have gotten one, but to me as a hobbyist, I found I would rather have the portability and be able to doctor shots later if need be.  To be quite honest, I bought a Spark, and I use that little bugger more then I ever thought I would.  So there is some redundancy in my fleet.
2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the mavic for it's size, but the P4P has a way better camera(Don't own a P4P "yet", but from my research Phantom has a better camera)
2017-11-5
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the p4p and ordered the mp platinum. The reason , much compacter for travelling as i travel a lot. But apparently the p4p has a better quality camera. So i will have to compare. But i think the more hobby dronefilmer will not see the difference. They both have 4k and 2.7 k video shooting.i use the p4p for shorter trips nearby and intend to use the mpp when flying. I just sold the spark because its only shoots 1080 p in 30fps and i needed 25fps, which the p4p and mpp have.so start with the mpp and next year buy the p4p or maybe the 5,6 etc
2017-11-5
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both -------> Simply put -

MP ---> agile, excellent in wind conditions, decent camera (need constant focusing) and most of all, portable.
P4P ---> everything above but a SUPERB quality camera, much faster and not so portable if comparing to MP.
2017-11-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

If you will not use it professionally then buy the MP... PERIOD
2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-11-5 13:44
If you will not use it professionally then buy the MP... PERIOD

But the camera on the P4P is far more better than the MP Decisions decisions.  I thought id throw that in there.  LOL
2017-11-5
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Deciding between these two drones is always going to be trick, the good thing is that i very much doubt you'll be disappointed with either, as both are awesome. As you said, the Mavic Pro is by far the most portable option and if that's what is important to you, then go for that. Just consider that the camera will lack the quality that the P4 Pro is able to provide. I really hope the next Mavic Pro (Mavic Pro 2 maybe?) will have a camera similar to that of the P4. Who knows though, DJI can be a mystery some times! Also, there's this comparison of the P4 Pro and MP if you want to check it out.
2018-5-18
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Phantom 4 Advance is often sold very cheap compared to the Pro version. It has the same camera but lacks sensors in the back and the side. When the new firmware arrives, it should contain the same options as a P4P V1.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-18 00:12
Phantom 4 Advance is often sold very cheap compared to the Pro version. It has the same camera but lacks sensors in the back and the side. When the new firmware arrives, it should contain the same options as a P4P V1.

Regards Leif.

P4A is also without the 5.8GHz option but guess it don't matter much within EU (CE) anyway.
2018-5-18
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-18 03:10
P4A is also without the 5.8GHz option but guess it don't matter much within EU (CE) anyway.

Yes forgot there are not 5.8 GHz on the controller. However, I do not suppose it make an big difference in practice.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules