Factory Reset ?
11372 13 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I purchased a P4P used which was activated by the original owner so I am unable to get my account to recognize the drone which results in it not showing up as an Icon under my username and it wont add any meters/feet to my overall flights when I try to sync them.

Question is, If I do a "Factory Reset" using Assistant 2 will it restore the P4P do a "Like New" status and have to go thru the Activation process again, or does it just restore the FW to the original FW that was pre-loaded when manufactured?
2017-11-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A factory reset will restore it to the default value used when the current aircraft firmware was installed. Aircraft are only activated once, thereafter don't need to be done again. I would expect flight data to show against your account at some point. Perhaps it's something that one of the moderators could help with if anything needs reset in your account.
2017-11-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-5 04:12
A factory reset will restore it to the default value used when the current aircraft firmware was installed. Aircraft are only activated once, thereafter don't need to be done again. I would expect flight data to show against your account at some point. Perhaps it's something that one of the moderators could help with if anything needs reset in your account.

Ok Thanks, I will have to get with one of the Moderators, having a problem with flight logs showing incorrect Date & Time as well, Flight Logs showing all flights flown on 1/27/2013, can't seem to shake it out and reset so it shows correct Date & Time, for now I have to create a folder for the day I flew an d d/load the days logs so I know when the were flown, pain in the ass it is!
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The drone will not show up under your Avatar if the drone was activated by the previous owner. Factory Reset will not restore the activation and original firmware. For the flight distance, as long as the account you fly the drone matched with the Forum account, it will increase if you sync the flight records regularly.
As for the flight date, our engineers are checking the exact status, and I will keep follow up for you.
2017-11-6
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 01:31
The drone will not show up under your Avatar if the drone was activated by the previous owner. Factory Reset will not restore the activation and original firmware. For the flight distance, as long as the account you fly the drone matched with the Forum account, it will increase if you sync the flight records regularly.
As for the flight date, our engineers are checking the exact status, and I will keep follow up for you.

Thank you Susan
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I just got the update from the engineers: The date and time of flight records based on the time of your mobile devices(CrystalSky), please check whether it is correct. Alternatively, you can connect the WiFi to confirm. If there is any further questions, please contact us.
2017-11-10
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-10 05:35
I just got the update from the engineers: The date and time of flight records based on the time of your mobile devices(CrystalSky), please check whether it is correct. Alternatively, you can connect the WiFi to confirm. If there is any further questions, please contact us.

Thanks Susan, Yes the date & time on the Crystal Sky is correct, flight logs are still showing date flown 1/21/2013 which is incorrect. I have reset the CS and connected to WiFi but the problem persists. Also if I understand correctly the P4P that I purchased used and was activated under a different account will not sync flight records under my current account correct.

If I sync them it will be logged on the original purchasers account used to activate the P4P when it was new, correct?
2017-11-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If you sync them after flying, when logged in under your account, then they will show as yours.
2017-11-10
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-10 13:01
If you sync them after flying, when logged in under your account, then they will show as yours.

10-4 Thanks AL
2017-11-10
Use props
fans732670cd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 01:31

http://Hi Susan, can I ask. I am thinking of buying a used DJI Spark. It is a 5days old unit. Will I have issue on claiming warranties if I am not the one activated it?
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The warranty will be not affected if the drone is activated under other's account. However, according to the latest policy, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI. Therefore, I'll suggest getting the purchase invoice as well when you purchase the second-hand unit.
2018-3-15
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-15 03:34
The warranty will be not affected if the drone is activated under other's account. However, according to the latest policy, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI. Therefore, I'll suggest getting the purchase invoice as well when you purchase the second-hand unit.

Thank you Susan, I just decided to buy a new one from one of the Authorized seller here in our country
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RjMllr Posted at 2018-3-20 18:08
Thank you Susan, I just decided to buy a new one from one of the Authorized seller here in our country

That's great! Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
2018-3-22
Use props
VaporRyder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 494925 ft
United Kingdom

Hi! I posted a thread with multiple issues I am having re my drones and the DJI Fly app in the App section, but this is one of the issues that I am having:

My new FPV is not showing as linked to my account in DJI Fly and, after one flight, the flight logs are there, it shows that I own it on here (under my avatar), but it is not linked to my ID in DJI Fly and is not showing in DJI Fly when not connected. It wouldn't let me enter the code when I bought DJI Care Refresh, yet Care Refresh is showin as valid - when the drone is connected - in the 'Value-added Service' tab, but nothing else (such as the remote controller or goggles).

I had some problems getting the three firmwares updated - drone, goggles, controller - plus fly safe - as they all seemed to be competing to download. I think, whilst all this was happening, I activated and may have accidently skipped through without entering my email (or something). Anyway, I need my drone reactivated to my account (I think) - how do I do this?
I think I need to start the whole process again, yet still have the Care Refresh that I have paid for...
2022-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules