Controller beeping red after latest update
1261 15 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi, I havent been able to fly my phantom 3 advanced after the latest update. The controller is constantly beeping and flashing red. Do you think a relink procedure will fix this or do I need to do something else?

/Karl
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Is the update successful? You can check the current aircraft and controller version in DJI GO: General Settings>About.

As for the beeping, please try to calibrate the RC to check whether it helps.
2017-11-6
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Hmm, version and controller says n/a, is version=aircraft? I tried to calibrate but it didn't help
2017-11-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Give the re-link a shot!
2017-11-6
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Ive deleted the app and reinstalled but now the app dont detect the controller either
2017-11-8
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Relink didnt work either. It wont stop beeping red, could the controller be damaged?
2017-11-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

So, to be clear..........your re-link did not connect for you correct? Were you able to use the app for the process, and did you depress the button next to the led quick enough? Just asking. It should establish a connection within 10-15 seconds and the light on your RC will turn green, and this doesn't have anything to do with your app or anything else.
I am guessing you already know this, but just trying to cover all the basis. As DJI-Susan says, you must have completed the upgrade on both successfully or they will not communicate either. so if both are not on the same firmware, you may never get them to link. Of course yes, you may have something wrong with your controller too. Any possibility you know someone with a phantom that you could try and link their controller to your phantom just to see if that is the issue?
2017-11-8
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Ok, I didnt know you need to hold for 15 seconds, I will try again.

Btw before the phone detected the controller when the cord was plugged in from the controller, but It wont detect anything now, Perhaps thats because its red.
2017-11-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Challe77 Posted at 2017-11-8 07:23
Ok, I didnt know you need to hold for 15 seconds, I will try again.

Btw before the phone detected the controller when the cord was plugged in from the controller, but It wont detect anything now, Perhaps thats because its red.

No you don't have to hold it for that long, but it should only take 10-15 seconds to re-link. You do have to push the button in, but only for a brief moment. not for 15 seconds. Sorry for the confusion.
2017-11-8
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Ok, one step closer, the cable to the curcuit board was not connected. I got the controller to turn blue and beging searching for the aircraft. But when I use the pen on the aircraft it turn red to green. But after that the controller starts beeping red again. Do you think there are different firmwares? I can control the aircraft with the control even though it flashes red.
2017-11-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Challe77 Posted at 2017-11-9 03:29
Ok, one step closer, the cable to the curcuit board was not connected. I got the controller to turn blue and beging searching for the aircraft. But when I use the pen on the aircraft it turn red to green. But after that the controller starts beeping red again. Do you think there are different firmwares? I can control the aircraft with the control even though it flashes red.

So, the RC turns green for an instant, but then goes back to red? Red normally means the RC is not connected to the aircraft, but I think it can mean there is an error with the RC too.............which could be wrong  or non matching firmware. Can you see what is shows in the Go app what the versions are for aircraft & RC?
2017-11-9
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

No the rc goes from blue to red again, but the aircraft indicate green, so thats what I dont understand. Unfortuantly the app dont seem to find the remote
2017-11-9
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

But is it possible to pilot the craft if the firmwares dont match, does not seem logical
2017-11-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Challe77 Posted at 2017-11-9 09:39
But is it possible to pilot the craft if the firmwares dont match, does not seem logical

It is not suggested to fly if they are not both on the same firmware. The blue on the RC indicates it is trying to link. If it turns red, it is saying no link established in my mind. The green light you refer to is the one next to the link button, and not the led on the gimbal?
2017-11-9
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Karl,

I had this exact issue the other day. After not turning on my controller for a month or so, when I did it beeped continuously & flashed red. All I had to do was calibrate the controller (not connected to aircraft) & all was well after.
2017-11-9
Use props
Challe77
lvl.1

Sweden

Ricardogray- yes the green light next to the lubk button.

Taurus35- cant get into the app to calibrate

Seems like there is not much left to try now...

2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules