1225 17 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering if someone could explain what this message is.  I get this but hit ignore to continue on to fly.

Description

Description
2017-11-5
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Your battery firmware needs to be updated to match what the firmware is at on your drone.
2017-11-5
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Good to know.  How do I update the batteries.  I have three of them.
2017-11-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-11-5 06:28
Good to know.  How do I update the batteries.  I have three of them.

Use the update method as shown in your image, then power down aircraft and swap to another battery. Switch on and it should prompt you again, then same again for each battery you have.
2017-11-5
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  I just didn't want to update the Aircraft Firmware.  Wasn't sure what this was for.
2017-11-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-11-5 13:49
Thanks.  I just didn't want to update the Aircraft Firmware.  Wasn't sure what this was for.

It Will update the craft also if it's a newer firmware detected, otherwise it'll just refresh (so no biggee). The battery code module is only one component of a craft's collective firmware.

However, have a look at which firmware you have access to via Assistant 2, rather than the GO app, as I note that the update advice if for "01.04.608beta" (current is "01.04.602"), so you've obviously been given access to a beta firmware version. Nice to know...
2017-11-5
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I do have access to the beta version don't want the Beta version installed tho.  So I guess I will keep ignoring that message for the batteries.  Any pit falls in doing that for the batteries?  Haven't noticed any yet and been doing it a few weeks now.

Firware Upgrade Notice.png

2017-11-5
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can I remover the Beta from my DJI Account somehow?
2017-11-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-11-5 14:12
I do have access to the beta version don't want the Beta version installed tho.  So I guess I will keep ignoring that message for the batteries.  Any pit falls in doing that for the batteries?  Haven't noticed any yet and been doing it a few weeks now.

Interesting that you have access to a beta firmware but you don't want it. Normally you have to request access to see a beta.

Anyway, I'd still suggest you use Assistant 2 to install/refresh the prod firmware you want to be on with each battery, just to be sure. I actually wasn't aware that it would let you ignore the message.

The bigger question in my mind is why are you seeing the message at all? The only explanation I can think of is that you've already updated the craft (up or down), otherwise the firmware in the other battery wouldn't have gotten out-of-sync (and you get the message).

Edit: You could try requesting access is removed, but it'd just be easier to downgrade to the prod version if you still have access to it (as displayed in Assistant 2). Personally, if it's flying fine on the beta, I'd be upgrading each battery to that. But then I don't mind being bleeding edge for minor patches.

2017-11-5
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I might have got the Beta because I asked a question some time ago about the gimbal.  I think.  The craft did upgrade once to the Beta but I realized to late it said Beta.  I really don't want a Beta Firmware on my Aircraft so I downgraded to .0602

So lets see if I understand this.

The Craft is currently on .0602 that is a fact.

If I say to Install the Inconsistent Firmware it will update the BATTERY I have in the craft.  But it will also upgrade the Firmware on the Aircraft to the Beta .0608 Version also?
2017-11-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-11-5 14:25
I might have got the Beta because I asked a question some time ago about the gimbal.  I think.  The craft did upgrade once to the Beta but I realized to late it said Beta.  I really don't want a Beta Firmware on my Aircraft so I downgraded to .0602

So lets see if I understand this.

So, my guess is that you updated the craft at sometime to the beta, but later downgraded with a different battery in it, and now the original battery is out-of-sync.

If I'm right, then you can downgrade to .0602 in Assistant 2. In that case, refresh your P4P with .0602 (not the beta) for each battery, power cycling in-between as suggested by Aardvark. DJI GO app may keep prompting you to upgrade thereafter (which you dont) but at least you wont have the "incompatible firmware" message.

Oh, and yes, applying a craft firmware will apply (or re-apply) ALL modules in the firmware - it isn't selective, but multiple refreshes do occur faster after the first as I suspect it checks module versions.

I think I recall the gimbal-fix beta. That was a number of months ago, so I'm surprised that a new prod version hasn't been released yet. Wait, I have a P4 in the same situation, so perhaps I shouldn't be... (hehe)
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The message means the the firmware version between aircraft and battery are different. You can connect with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the current firmware if you have more batteries.
2017-11-6
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Susan can you have someone remove the .0608 Beta from my account if I send you my email address?  I don't want to receive that message anymore.
2017-11-6
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Inconsistent Firware Found.png

Today I updated at this screen.  It was for the battery.  I have three batteries.  Two of them seemed to be on the same version as the Aircraft becauses I did not get any notices to update.  But the third battery I inserted did.  I slide the bar to update.  Update took for the battery.  I was kinda of expected the Air Craft to update to the beta0608 version that is on my account but it did nothing to the Aircraft Firmware.  Battery is updated.  Hope this is correct what I am saying.

2017-11-7
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Today I updated at this screen.  It was for the battery.  I have three batteries.  Two of them seemed to be on the same version as the Aircraft becauses I did not get any notices to update.  But the third battery I inserted did.  I slide the bar to update.  Update took for the battery.  I was kinda of expected the Air Craft to update to the beta0608 version that is on my account but it did nothing to the Aircraft Firmware.  Battery is updated.  Hope this is correct what I am saying.

2017-11-7
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2017-11-7
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2017-11-7
Use props
Wingshooter
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is a new one I have a question on.  What does this update mean? My Opening Screen tells me about 0608beta is this why I am getting this?  

2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules