Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

How much rain have you flown you MP in?

I live in a place called the country with the crappiest weather ever right now and i live in a no fly zone so weekends i go places and... it RAINS dammit DJI start selling a nice weather care refresh! ;)
2017-11-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I don't have a rain problems much but i have windy spring and fall weather. I get to fly about once every 2 weeks..........
2017-11-5
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over here where I live when the winter kicks in then I won't be flying but when the Fall, Spring and Summer seasons comes around then it's time to maximize the fun level. Trying to get in as much flying as possible before the cold set in. Yikes !  
2017-11-5
Use props
Six6Sics #666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164236 ft
Australia

I recently flew my MP in a light shower. Where I was on the ground it was perfect, overcast and dry, yet some 800mtrs away it was raining. I couldnt see it on my Iphone screen video feed, but when the MP returned, it showed signs of dampness. No issues with performance, but I personally wouldnt fly in wet weather.
2017-11-5
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

One of my first flights I had to bolt the drone back since it suddenly started to rain lightly. Only had a few drops around the body and one on the camera but nothing around the battery or air intake/exhaust ports and no damage to anything. The funny thing was I went back and looked at the footage and it was only raining on the part where I was standing and the drone was flying in an area where it wasn't raining. It only went through about 10 seconds of the light shower too.

In reality, it's actually built to probably withstand a lot more abuse, but I personally won't ever use it in any type of precipitation.
2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had done some light snow flying, but never will do it in rain.
2017-11-5
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I live in California and we spent the last 5 years praying for rain.    
That said, I did see a posting that pointed out that the topside of your quad has no holes for water to run into, so a light rain shouldn't hurt anything.  Landing in water with all the openings on the underside?  A bit different.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, Mavic Pro is not a water-resistant drone, please don't fly when there is a rain, even if it is drizzle.
2017-11-5
Use props
Sky Hawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32323 ft
Thailand

I don't fly a mavic in the rain. Flight I fly mavic with caution, do not fly in the rain or unsafe zone Because It is a very expensive toy.
2017-11-5
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-5 22:53
Sorry, Mavic Pro is not a water-resistant drone, please don't fly when there is a rain, even if it is drizzle.

yeah that makes Sweden a perfect place to fly... not
2017-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it starts to rain during the flight then get it back to you and land safely ASAP and get it in the case/bag - another reason not to fly 'miles away' - the longer it's exposed the higher the risk of the battery malfunctioning and the drone crashing should it start to rain mid flight. Don't take off even if it's currently not raining but showers are forecast. Always check weather conditions as part of your pre flight planning and never fly in the rain, falling snow or even mist, fog and especially clouds. Moisture of any description can make lipo's set fire and the Mavic is not water resistant. You wouldn't sit on a park bench in the middle of downpour and get your MacBook out... Same principle.
2017-11-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Posted this once before, for those who have not seen it yet.

2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules