Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How much play is acceptable on the quick-release propellers
974 6 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbb9ac8d7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42680 ft
United States

I have a phantom 4. How much play is acceptable in the propellers and when should the mechanism on top of the motor that locks them in be replaced
2017-11-5
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Well it is a good idea to regularly visually inspect both the mountings and the propeller hubs for damage or obvious wear. The spring forcing the propeller upwards should also not be damaged and free to function. Check to ensure that the screws holding the adapter onto the motor are not loose, do not mess with them they are fitted with locktight that doesn't like being loosened and retightened a lot. Otherwise the system is good. Rotational play should be minimal, if it is more then the reason is sure to be visible. I have lost propellers before but not with a DJI machine.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

There is no need to change the propellers if obvious visual damage has not been found. I would recommend you to do a fully pre-flight checklist before take-off.
2017-11-5
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It should be close to zero unless you apply enough force to compress the springs.

If the springs are not keeping the props firmly locked in place then you can replace the plastic hub mounts + springs.  Better to do it sooner rather than after a prop flies off mid-air!

It is not common to have problems with P4 propellers though, they can last for years.

If the propellers have impacted something hard like a rock then consider replacing the mounts as well as the props, hitting soft grass doesn't require replacement unless there is visible damage.
2017-11-6
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-5 11:20
Well it is a good idea to regularly visually inspect both the mountings and the propeller hubs for damage or obvious wear. The spring forcing the propeller upwards should also not be damaged and free to function. Check to ensure that the screws holding the adapter onto the motor are not loose, do not mess with them they are fitted with locktight that doesn't like being loosened and retightened a lot. Otherwise the system is good. Rotational play should be minimal, if it is more then the reason is sure to be visible. I have lost propellers before but not with a DJI machine.

Great advise.
2017-11-6
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

You are welcome, it is good to hear about someone who takes care themselves.
2017-11-6
Use props
fansbb9ac8d7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42680 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-6 07:53
You are welcome, it is good to hear about someone who takes care themselves.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just going to go and change them again. I fly almost every day. The last time I change them the machine flow A lot quieter for quite some time.
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules