Traveling Soon (Royal Caribbean Cruise)
2622 14 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JxckSweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

So im going on a cruise with Royal Carribean and i conntacted them asking about bringing my spark they said this

VIA (Twitter Messages)
Hi there, Jack. Drones detected during the embarkation process will be confiscated. Drones will be released to you in the ports of call, only if you can present to the Chief Security Officer written approval from the country in which you intend to operate the drone. It is your responsibility to acquire permission from the countries in which you intend to use the drone and to comply with local regulations. In the absence of this permission, the drone will be returned to you only at the end of the voyage.

I then said
What if the country says I don't need approval do I just show the officer that

They then said
That's correct.

I thought id make this post for anyone needing help in the future.

The two ports im going to are in mexico which i believe im aloud to fly in without authorization will the document i have attached work for presenting to them.  If you have any expericene with this let me know. Thanks!
UPDATE: Im not going to bring my drone on the trip mexico is dangerous enough their and i don't need to get in trouble from RC or Mexico. However i don't normally go down to Miami FL  (Where the cruise leaves and comes back) from where i live (Central FL) so i will bring it and get some photos or videos in Miami and leave it in my car during the cruise. (Making sure to hide it from any priying eyes)

Valid regulation on the use of unmanned aircraft (drones), for its safe operatio.pdf

99.19 KB, Down times: 6

Mexico Drone Regulation

2017-11-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have fun and take lots of videos and photos.
2017-11-5
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I’d just hide it somehow, I’m going to Alaska next year and plan to take my spark and Mavic. Just don’t fly on board of course.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You can check more local policies before flight: http://www.caa.co.uk/General-avi ... nce/Airworthiness/. Have a wonderful flight!
2017-11-5
Use props
JxckSweeney
lvl.2
United States

Javey Posted at 2017-11-5 18:17
I’d just hide it somehow, I’m going to Alaska next year and plan to take my spark and Mavic. Just don’t fly on board of course.

It would probably be really hard for them not to notice it with xray and if i got it through the first time then i get off at either port and they notice when i come back to the ship then I'm in trouble.
2017-11-6
Use props
JxckSweeney
lvl.2
United States

The two ports are in Mexico not U.K. The link you provided I believe is for the UK
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What I thought, too.
The Spark is so small, in the box, or in the bag and in your handluggage or even in the handbag of the girlfriend/wife, there should not be any chance for the crusing crew, to detect it. Unless they X-ray the stuff! Do they?
2017-11-6
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-6 07:57
What I thought, too.
The Spark is so small, in the box, or in the bag and in your handluggage or even in the handbag of the girlfriend/wife, there should not be any chance for the crusing crew, to detect it. Unless they X-ray the stuff! Do they?

They do, but primarily they are looking for booze being smuggled aboard since that is the main way they make their money on board.  
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

JxckSweeney Posted at 2017-11-6 07:23
I the two ports are in Mexico not U.K. The link you provided I believe is for the UK

From here it does not look to good for you:
https://foxnomad.com/2017/07/25/ ... -updated-regularly/

Here it looks better:
http://dronereviewsandnews.com/t ... know-before-you-go/

http://www.uavsystemsinternation ... /mexico-drone-laws/

But on other websites it is still writen: No mexican citizen? No drone flight!

2017-11-6
Use props
JxckSweeney
lvl.2
United States

Im not going to bring my drone on the trip mexico is dangerous enough their and i don't need to get in trouble from RC or Mexico. However i don't normally go down to Miami FL  (Where the cruise leaves and comes back) from where i live (Central FL) so i will bring it and get some photos or videos in Miami and leave it in my car during the cruise. (Making sure to hide it from any priying eyes)
2017-11-6
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

JxckSweeney Posted at 2017-11-6 15:37
Im not going to bring my drone on the trip mexico is dangerous enough their and i don't need to get in trouble from RC or Mexico. However i don't normally go down to Miami FL  (Where the cruise leaves and comes back) from where i live (Central FL) so i will bring it and get some photos or videos in Miami and leave it in my car during the cruise. (Making sure to hide it from any priying eyes)

Take the controller and charger when you board.  Have a friend start the drone on the dock once you are on board.  Link and fly it to you while standing by the hand rail.  As long as you are smuggling, strap a mini bottle of booze to it.  

Have the significant other video your side of the flight with the song "Run" by Awolnation playing.  Just as you catch the drone+booze and the crew comes after you, we hear the song go quiet and say in a flat tone,... "Run!"
2017-11-6
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

It depends how well you hide it ;)
2017-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

JxckSweeney Posted at 2017-11-6 15:37

Come on, the best way to hide it before "bad, very bad" people, is to give it to the cruise crew.
This way, you still can try to get it on board without they are seeing it.
Do they scan small handbags, not even big enough for booze?
But just big enough, to get the hardbox in it?
Aside of that, a large "Magnum P.I. shirt", and Sparky around your neck in a bag under it>, ......?

Don't give up!
All I read about is that the ship rules are your problem.
Not the officials in Mexico
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JxckSweeney Posted at 2017-11-6 07:23
The two ports are in Mexico not U.K. The link you provided I believe is for the UK

Please enter our website and you can choose the region and check the local regulations: http://www.dji.com/flysafe.
2017-11-7
Use props
fans732c5648
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162139 ft
United States

I’d just hide it somehow, I’m going to Alaska next year and plan to take my spark and Mavic. Just don’t fly on board of course.

let me know how it goes. i'm going in june, plan on taking my mavic pro with me.  
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules