Phantom 3 5.8 Signal Strength
1445 14 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft
United States

So my Wi-Fi apps will see and measure the 2.4 wi-fi emmitting from my radio controller, but not the 5.8.

Is the 5.8 signal not a true wi-fi? If not, what device would I need to measure the signal?

2017-11-5
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
United States

5.8 Control Signal Strength

So my Wi-Fi apps will see and measure the 2.4 wi-fi emmitting from my radio controller, but not the 5.8.

Is the 5.8 signal not a true wi-fi? If not, what device would I need to measure the signal?                                                
2017-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What are you flying?  Since you posted in the P3A/P forum, and if we can therefore conclude you are flying one of those, then there is no 5.8 ghz signal, wifi or otherwise.  
2017-11-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Judging by his 'avatar' at his ID ... he has a Standard Controller in his hands ...

Nigel
2017-11-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Why are you posting in Adv / Pro section for a standard version ?

Nigel
2017-11-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Post wherever you want to in the phantom section.  No worries.
2017-11-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Don't worry "LarBear360" .... he's just 'baiting me' ... he hasn't got anything else to do.

Nigel
2017-11-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you that there is not much noise up there. I keep my RC in the 5.8 band.
2017-11-6
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
United States

Sorry all. I accidently duplicated this post, plus it landed in the wrong forum. Just can't figure out how to delete or I would.
2017-11-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

The answer is you don't have the choice of changing frequencies on the P3S .  I apologize for the rude remarks of the other.  Just off topic attacks on myself.  No matter which Phantom you post the thread, it all comes to the Phantom section.  
2017-11-6
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-6 06:13
The answer is you don't have the choice of changing frequencies on the P3S .  I apologize for the rude remarks of the other.  Just off topic attacks on myself.  No matter which Phantom you post the thread, it all comes to the Phantom section.

Sorry all, I accidently posted in the wrong thread/forum. If I could figure out how to delete, I would.

All I want to do really is compare my stock controller to my modified DBS controller. Encountered a couple of RTH lately at just 350 feet. Signal strength on the UAV/Airdata site reads 100%. Most likely interference.
2017-11-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

No need for apology.  You were just looking for help.
2017-11-6
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You don't have to apologize at all! You are looking for answers. Nigel is not wrong about suggesting the post in the proper area though. It is just you might get a quicker response that way. It does happen quite frequently but not a problem at all in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of us will look at all of the conversations, but I do know of those that only look in the area they are familiar with. Either way you will get a response from somebody eventually. You got your answer that you don't have  choice of WiFi with your standard, right?
Just a note because you asked:
To delete a post, you have to go into "edit" and I think it is located at the bottom portion.....a delete tab or icon you can use.
If I remember you kind of have to look a bit for it, but it is there. Under the "additional options" at the bottom left I think.
Good luck to you.
2017-11-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Tks Ricardo ... I was not trying to offend or insult.

As you say - posting in correct section targets exact group using same gear. What often happens though is the ALL section  leads to posts going all over when poster doesn't see the section its coming from.

Just a comment - making a post in a particular section does NOT post it in others as suggested by another.

Nigel
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

LarBear360 Posted at 2017-11-6 06:12
Sorry all. I accidently duplicated this post, plus it landed in the wrong forum. Just can't figure out how to delete or I would.

Your two threads have been merged into one.
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules