Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unstable Image Transmission with iPad mini 4
1984 15 2017-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yosephat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 724570 ft
Indonesia

Dear Dji Expert/Dji Support/DJI iOS Team,

I experienced the problem like unstable video feed - occasional green image on screen.

I try to find root cause and do some steps:
- I have done to close all apps and uninstal some apps, but the result is the same.
- I have done to uninstal DJI GO4 and install it again, but the result is the same.
- I have done to Factory Reset my Ipad and install it DJI GO4 again, but the result is still the same.

- I have done to refresh firmware on P4P and RC, but the result is still the same.
- Then I try manual selecting chanel transmission and lowering Transmission Quality to 4Mbps and it works fine. And unstable image start happened when I set Transmission Quality to 8 Mbps and above.

Any suggestion DJI?

Actually DJI GO4 works perfectly when version is 4.0.7, Then the problems occurs since DJI GO4 V 4.1.0.
I think, if I do an update, the bug will be fixed.
But until now, That's bug not yet fixed.

This is important to me, because I can not see clearly. Of course I can't produce good video to our customer.
Please Fix This Bug.

Sorry for bad English. I just do translete in google.

SPECS:
P4P Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602
P4P Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
DJI GO 4 Apps (4.1.16)
Ipad mini 4 (iOS 11.1)

2017-11-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Can you confirm if this is happening after you have been flying for a while. I have noticed that I have something similar on the recent versions of the app and it seems to be because the mini ipad is getting hot. When it happens, have a feel on the back of your ipad mini and see if it is getting hot. I think the more recent versions of the app are putting a greater load on the mini ipad cpu.
2017-11-5
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

I’ve been having this same issue over the last weeks since updates to IOS 11.0.x and DJI GO app 4.1.x.  This issue never occurred during the hottest days this summer but now that Fall temperatures are in the 40s -50s it’s occurring ..so I find it hard to believe that overheating is the root cause.  This issue occurs most frequently when I use the Point-of-View feature.  It seems to me that the CPU loading has something to do with the cause.  The DJI Go app worked flawlessly for months using the same tablet, the only changes are noted earlier.  
2017-11-6
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DIott3113 Posted at 2017-11-6 04:03
I’ve been having this same issue over the last weeks since updates to IOS 11.0.x and DJI GO app 4.1.x.  This issue never occurred during the hottest days this summer but now that Fall temperatures are in the 40s -50s it’s occurring ..so I find it hard to believe that overheating is the root cause.  This issue occurs most frequently when I use the Point-of-View feature.  It seems to me that the CPU loading has something to do with the cause.  The DJI Go app worked flawlessly for months using the same tablet, the only changes are noted earlier.

I had this since latest dji 4 app update .16 . Video transmittion delay,distortion and sometimes green. Not having this issue before and i flew a lot of kms. Doesnt effect fortunately the actual flying and footage on sd card.
Its just annoying , and expecting constantly  complete lost of transmission .but so far not complete fall out.
Dji maybe check last dji 4 app update,maybe a bug?
2017-11-6
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Indonesia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-5 22:24
Can you confirm if this is happening after you have been flying for a while. I have noticed that I have something similar on the recent versions of the app and it seems to be because the mini ipad is getting hot. When it happens, have a feel on the back of your ipad mini and see if it is getting hot. I think the more recent versions of the app are putting a greater load on the mini ipad cpu.

This always happens since the first time I turned on my drone and connect it to DJI GO4, And for CPU temperature, I think it is normal usage like before this problems occurs. Just warm not extremely warm.

2017-11-6
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Indonesia

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-11-6 11:49
I had this since latest dji 4 app update .16 . Video transmittion delay,distortion and sometimes green. Not having this issue before and i flew a lot of kms. Doesnt effect fortunately the actual flying and footage on sd card.
Its just annoying , and expecting constantly  complete lost of transmission .but so far not complete fall out.
Dji maybe check last dji 4 app update,maybe a bug?

Yes, it doesn't effect with the actual flying and footage on SD card because the problems is not on our camera, that's camera works really good and aircraft fly with stable.

I think the problems is in Image Transmission side, maybe some codec fail when the transmission speed (Quality Image) is above 6Mbps or there is something miss match between DJI GO App and GPU in iOS or others fault.

I hope DJI team will read/respons this post and get bug fixed.
2017-11-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

yosephat Posted at 2017-11-6 18:02
Yes, it doesn't effect with the actual flying and footage on SD card because the problems is not on our camera, that's camera works really good and aircraft fly with stable.

I think the problems is in Image Transmission side, maybe some codec fail when the transmission speed (Quality Image) is above 6Mbps or there is something miss match between DJI GO App and GPU in iOS or others fault.

I notice that in your clip, you appear to be flying directly over the top of you, this can be the worst position for the antennas, try flying further away, not overhead. Also, try shutting off caching of the video on the iPad and see if this helps.
2017-11-6
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Indonesia

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-6 18:26
I notice that in your clip, you appear to be flying directly over the top of you, this can be the worst position for the antennas, try flying further away, not overhead. Also, try shutting off caching of the video on the iPad and see if this helps.

Yes, but it still same. I really know about antenna theory analysis, the good transmission is achieved when LOS (Line Of Sight) between transmitter and receiver.  And also I have done read manual or tips (Video Clips) from DJI about Antennas direction when we flying overhead or not.

about caching, it's doesn't effect when I turn it Off or ON because I think caching only start working when we start recording video or capture some images so we can preview that cachings on DJI albums without connecting with aircarft.

Are you fly with an iPad mini 4 and have no problems?
2017-11-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

yosephat Posted at 2017-11-6 18:58
Yes, but it still same. I really know about antenna theory analysis, the good transmission is achieved when LOS (Line Of Sight) between transmitter and receiver.  And also I have done read manual or tips (Video Clips) from DJI about Antennas direction when we flying overhead or not.

about caching, it's doesn't effect when I turn it Off or ON because I think caching only start working when we start recording video or capture some images so we can preview that cachings on DJI albums without connecting with aircarft.

No, I use an iPad Air 2 and do not have any problems with it.
2017-11-6
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI GO 4 Apps (4.1.17) still not yet fixed.
2017-11-9
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For me its also not working , still bad screen . I already made a new thread a few days ago and reported this to dji susan. Hopefully yet another update of the go app will follow?
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? If yes, how is it going? Besides, you can try to change the Frequency to 5.8G, see if it is better.
2017-11-11
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-11 22:41
Have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? If yes, how is it going? Besides, you can try to change the Frequency to 5.8G, see if it is better.

Yes I have done try in different open areas and also try to select frequency 5.8G or 2.4G then the result is still the same.

Actually this problem happened since I upgrade firmware Aircraft + RC and also update DJI GO4 at the same time, so I don't know the problems is in Aircraft firmware or DJI GO 4 App.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

yosephat Posted at 2017-11-12 18:47
Yes I have done try in different open areas and also try to select frequency 5.8G or 2.4G then the result is still the same.

Actually this problem happened since I upgrade firmware Aircraft + RC and also update DJI GO4 at the same time, so I don't know the problems is in Aircraft firmware or DJI GO 4 App.

Have you tried other mobile devices? If yes, how is it going? Besides, you can low the Transmission Quality to 4 Mbps, it won't affect the original videos.
2017-11-16
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-16 00:12
Have you tried other mobile devices? If yes, how is it going? Besides, you can low the Transmission Quality to 4 Mbps, it won't affect the original videos.

Yes, I try with iPhone 6 then the problems is still same. I try using android Samsung C7 and the result is worse.

Of course it's doesn't affect with the original videos and only affect at live preview. But why the oldest DJI GO 4 apps better than the latest apps?

The oldest apps work  perfectly with minimum bug or error and I don't care about channel frequency and transmission Quality because it can select automatically.

Then with the latest app, "User/Customer" need to learning first about that error and finding the solution by it self.  

so what the purpose of an update?
can I roll back to old version?

2017-11-16
Use props
santofilme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35758 ft
Brazil

Try to fix a channel in manual.
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced