What's the deal with "Switch WLAN settings" at every startup?
3947 18 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

Hi there!

I've flown my new Spark for the first time last Saturday and noticed an annoying thing:

I fly in Germany and my Spark does this at every startup. It always resets its WLAN mode and switches to the CE power, this adds another 15 seconds till the aircraft can take off. Which sucks. A lot...
Both Spark and controller are on the latest firmware. I connect my Samsung Galaxy S6 with an OTG cable.

After that hickup my Spark is ready to go. But how can I set the CE mode as default?

2017-11-6
Use props
Sparky Mike
lvl.2
United States

I had that. Uninstall and reinstall app fixed it.
2017-11-6
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Germany

THAT simple? Ok, I will definitely try that. Thanks!
2017-11-6
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Germany

Sparky Mike Posted at 2017-11-6 08:17
I had that. Uninstall and reinstall app fixed it.

Ok, deinstalled GO 4, restarted my phone, installed GO 4. Still the same crap...

As soon as the green LED on the controller comes up the "Switch WLAN settings" message pops up...
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-6 10:02
Ok, deinstalled GO 4, restarted my phone, installed GO 4. Still the same crap...

As soon as the green LED on the controller comes up the "Switch WLAN settings" message pops up...

Did you try to reset your wifi? If not, please provide me the black box data for analysis.
Also, what is the version of your app? What is the model of your device?
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-6 10:02

And you aren't getting the "cancel" option?
I got this always and before every flight, when flying in "different country", meaning outside the Country, I bought and avtivated it
(Thailand, in my case)
I just wanted to ask you, to hit cancel, because I did read that would ignore it.
I was too law abbiding, so I always hit ok
Mmmhhh, my screenshot is from 4.1.10 and .600, does that mean, with 4.1.15 and/or .701 we will not have a chance to cancel?

007.jpg
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-7 03:37
And you aren't getting the "cancel" option?
I got this always and before every flight, when flying in "different country", meaning outside the Country, I bought and avtivated it
(Thailand, in my case)

The "Cancel" option is also available in both the latest App and Firmware versions.
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 03:57
The "Cancel" option is also available in both the latest App and Firmware versions.

Mmhhh, so why is UncelManuel not having it in his screenshot?
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 03:57

Btw: Have you pushed "cancel"?
For you it may be from interest, if you come back from a FCC location.
I mean, if it really cancels the switching, but still let us fly?
I will check next time, I fly somewhere else!
2017-11-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-7 04:07
Btw: Have you pushed "cancel"?
For you it may be ftom interest, if you come back from a FCC location.
I mean, if it really cancels the switching, but still let us fly?

It still lets us fly. On your other question I can't comment... ;-) But I call it the VD mode, while VD stands for "virtual dislocation".
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-7 04:17
It still lets us fly. On your other question I can't comment...  ;-) But I call it the VD mode, while VD stands for "virtual dislocation".

so I limited my flying experience in Spore myself?
what the what!
2017-11-7
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-7 02:01
Did you try to reset your wifi? If not, please provide me the black box data for analysis.
Also, what is the version of your app? What is the model of your device?

As I stated in the other thread:

"A reinstall of GO 4 (Samsung Galaxy S6) and WLAN reset/reconnect with the controller didn't resolve the problem.

Interesting sidenote: with no internet connection (flight mode) the message does NOT pop up. Hmmm...

And since there's no Cancel-button: simply hit return on your phone! I did that and my Spark did nothing. It was still connected and I could fly without a problem... "

Spark, controller and GO 4 are all on the latest versions. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the latest official firmware (Android 7.0). So the simple solution is really to hit Cancel or press the Back button...
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-7 07:02
As I stated in the other thread:

"A reinstall of GO 4 (Samsung Galaxy S6) and WLAN reset/reconnect with the controller didn't resolve the problem.

Yep, only the question is:
Why, in case you bought it from official channels in Germany, it is tellin' you that it is flying in "different country"?
Now we may have a solution, but still:
Why is there this problem, in your case? ;-)
2017-11-7
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Germany

I don't know. I purchased it through the official DJI store, it was delivered from London, England. And in my profile the country is correctly set to "Germany"...
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I think, usually the location/country you activate the spark in, will set it's "home region" to CE or FCC.
Somehow your one seems to think, it belongs to a FCC region and you are not in your homezone with it.
But do you really want to find out and change that?
2017-11-7
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

Check how many 2.4GHz channels you have. When there are 11 you’re in FCC, when you can see 13 you’re in CE.
2017-11-7
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I'm in the US, and I was getting that message with my Spark, and I also had no option to cancel, only the ok button.  At least you are able to connect yours after getting that message, mine would only connect about 3 out of 10 attempts.  I eventually sent it back and purchased a new one and have never had that problem again.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-7 10:05
I don't know. I purchased it through the official DJI store, it was delivered from London, England. And in my profile the country is correctly set to "Germany"...

Please provide the black box data and I would forward it to our engineers for further analysis. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-8
Use props
fansb2c8af69
New
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-7 20:21
I'm in the US, and I was getting that message with my Spark, and I also had no option to cancel, only the ok button.  At least you are able to connect yours after getting that message, mine would only connect about 3 out of 10 attempts.  I eventually sent it back and purchased a new one and have never had that problem again.

Cheers...

Hello new to the site.  i am also in Chicago and have the same issue with no Cancel button however I am able to hit back on the phone then go fly again.  the message just stays there in the center of the screen but I can fly.  I just want to get rid of the box (aircraft and RC bought separate)
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules