Countdown to Getting my Inspire Working and Flying
673 1 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

So after the long wait since November 2014 I eventually received my Inspire mid March 2015. Super excited. Ran firmware unpdates to latest version all went well. From thereon the frustration began. Due to various electronic issues my Inspire has never got to leave the ground under its own power.

So after a few e-mails, up and down sessions with DJi my initial thought was to sell it for spares(Thanks to Dave who contacted after I posted that I was looking at selling) as the shipping worked out rather expensive from South Africa to Dji in in Hong Kong.

Eventually decided to ship it to Hong Kong for them to have a look at. So on Monday it was all packed up save the batteries, and on Tuesday DHL collected the machine and it was shipped to Hong Kong. Got confirmation that  the DJi representative had signed for the machine. Today I contacted the lady that I have been communicating with to find out what the procedure is. She replied saying it will be repaired and shipped back to me next week. I hope this is the case, 5 months since ordering so far and I really want to see what can be done with my Inspire and get it of the ground for the first time.

I really hope I am not in for terribly long waiting periods like some people have reported on this forum.

So for now, my trusty old Phantom 2 Vision has to continue working. I have passed the 500 flights mark on the machine and it still seems as bullet proof as the day I got it. I truly hope they get the Inspire to this level.
2015-4-10
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

Update. My repaired inspire received in 1,5 weeks including shipping.

But. Here is where the problem comes in.

It still don't work!! The compass will not calibrate.

Got the upgrade firmware screen. Upgraded. Now it cannot find the camera. Battery all at zero. No version info available for anything..

So. I am the proud owner of an inspire 1 with 2 4500 batteries and 3 5700. All of which has never left the ground and I am already out of pocket for one load of shipping charges.  

I am in a very dark space at the moment
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules