Hands-on with the Phantom 3
3475 17 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dfeakins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI kindly invited us along to the launch in London, and we were very impressed with the Phantom 3.

They could have added half those features and it would have been a noteworthy release, but for everything combined, its fantastic!

We created a blog on some of the differences and upgrades from the exisiting Phantom 2.

Thanks
2015-4-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

I agree - and a lower price than expected!

Brian
2015-4-10
Use props
sreinike
lvl.1
United States

So, if you already owned a Phantom 2 Vision+ v3.0, would you trade up based only on your experience?
2015-4-10
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63461 ft
United States

Very good, thanks
2015-4-10
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Here's a question: if there is no HDMI, how have they been showing live HD video on external monitors and TV's?
2015-4-10
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dmwierz Posted at 2015-4-10 22:53
Here's a question: if there is no HDMI, how have they been showing live HD video on external monitor ...

The article said that they were running a custom firmware to be able to use the Inspire controller and that it would not be available on the consumer version..
2015-4-10
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

sploodge@sky.co Posted at 2015-4-10 23:32
The article said that they were running a custom firmware to be able to use the Inspire controller ...

Huh thanks. Not available tells me "Available later at a fee" or maybe "Available when somebody else offers the feature", like waypoints. Thoughts?
2015-4-10
Use props
dfeakins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sreinike@mac.co Posted at 2015-4-10 22:50
So, if you already owned a Phantom 2 Vision+ v3.0, would you trade up based only on your experience?

Without doubt!

This thing is another league.
2015-4-15
Use props
dfeakins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sploodge@sky.co Posted at 2015-4-10 23:32
The article said that they were running a custom firmware to be able to use the Inspire controller ...

From what I gathered you can bind an Inspire transmitter to the Phantom 3 out of the box.

Would need clarification but we will see when they come in to stock.
2015-4-15
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Looking forward  to seeing the accessories for the P3
2015-4-15
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

dfeakins  can you confirm that europe models will be full power?
2015-4-16
Use props
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2015-4-16 17:32
dfeakins  can you confirm that europe models will be full power?

Yeah i'd really like to know if in europe we'll be able to get the same range capacity than the rest of the world ...The 2 km was a big point for me
2015-4-16
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It is possible the Dji will adhear to laws and restrict europe models power wise Also the fact that they seem intent on letting third party develop ground station /way points as to distance themselves from any  actions that might arrive from  crashes ect ect .
2015-4-18
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
United Kingdom

From what i have been reading the P3 will have restricted transmitter power for Europe but  this will be confirmed when they start to ship   .
2015-4-21
Use props
dfeakins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As far as we know, they will all be 100mw 2.4GHz, so you should still get a 2km range.
2015-4-24
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

Any news on when you have them in stock?
Edit just read the bottom, next few weeks!
2015-4-24
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

dfeakins@rcgeek Posted at 2015-4-15 17:49
Without doubt!

This thing is another league.

What I find hard to believe is that the phantom3 is a far better product than its predecessors, yet there's no Ground station support.  This is just dumb to me.  Yes, I know there will be SDK availability for third party apps.  But how long will that take?  Are they already in the works or 6 months later, one pops up.  I want waypoints for my application of the product!
2015-4-24
Use props
denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

ntfa, I also am more hesitant to trust my expensive quadcopter to third-party software vs. something DJI created...

Got to see the P3 Professional (pre-production) in action at my local dealer today. The software, the performance, and the stability were super-impressive. Didn't get to fly it, but I'm super-excited after that.
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules