Phantom 2 - 1 pair of propellers not rotating and HOT
986 7 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans879bcc56
New

Canada

All - I just pulled my Phantom 2 out of storage (house renovations). I have charged up everything and when I fire up the Phantom 2, the black topped propellers spin just like always but the silver topped propellers are sort of turning in a very jerky way, maybe making one rotation in about ten seconds. So basically both acting like they have a major problem. In addition, the housing and all the metal parts of the two stalling blades got super hot very quickly. I shut it all down when I started to smell something starting to get too hot.

Any theories as to what has gone wrong. It was stored in a ready to use configuration (i.e. not disassembled). There was probably a lot of dust in the air during the house renovations.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart
2017-11-6
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

It looks as the two motors are blocked for some reason. Dust? Or something affecting the two ESCs? The smell doesn't promise anything good... :-( How exactly was it stored?
2017-11-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

+1

Intermittent motor movement is usually either a bad ESC or a bad motor.  It's odd you have two going bad at once though.  
2017-11-6
Use props
fans879bcc56
New

Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-11-6 11:57
It looks as the two motors are blocked for some reason. Dust? Or something affecting the two ESCs? The smell doesn't promise anything good... :-( How exactly was it stored?

Antonio, thanks. It was stored in the upstairs of our farm house. just sitting on a desk waiting for the next flight. But it has been over a year. The dust shouldn't have been a big factor as I moved it out of the 2nd floor when the reno started.

Mark, also thanks. I agree, super weird that two would go at once. I was assuming that they are paired (the two bad ones are the the silver topped ones which are diagonally opposite). So, my thinking is that it is something electronic vs. mechanical. But I have no idea what that might be.

Stuart
2017-11-6
Use props
fans879bcc56
New

Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-6 13:30
+1

Intermittent motor movement is usually either a bad ESC or a bad motor.  It's odd you have two going bad at once though.

Mark, I included this reply in my response to Anthony. Just in case you didn't see it:

Mark, also thanks. I agree, super weird that two would go at once. I was assuming that they are paired (the two bad ones are the the silver topped ones which are diagonally opposite). So, my thinking is that it is something electronic vs. mechanical. But I have no idea what that might be.

Stuart
2017-11-6
Use props
fans879bcc56
New

Canada

I called DJI and have opened up a ticket to investigate. Can report back here if people are interested.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans879bcc56
New

Canada

I called DJI and have opened up a ticket to investigate. Can report back here if people are interested.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans879bcc56 Posted at 2017-11-8 12:01

Hope it will be solved soon. If you encounter any problem with your case, you can ask us for help.
2017-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules