Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disconnect between Controller and Phantom Pro after Firmware Update
1267 11 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Phantom 4 Pro not connecting to iPad or Android Phone after firmware update on Phantom 4 Pro. Yellow lights flashing on P4Pro - DJI reports "disconnected. Any suggestions? TIA
2017-11-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 395551 ft
Australia

Did you update the RC too? Then try to manually connect the two: C1+C2+Record, then when it's making a DDDD sound, push the link button on the craft.
2017-11-6
Use props
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-6 14:11
Did you update the RC too? Then try to manually connect the two: C1+C2+Record, then when it's making a DDDD sound, push the link button on the craft.

Thank you for your reply. Would you mind telling me how I do the update.
I don't understand what C1+C2+Record means. I would really appreciate it if you could clarify. TIA
2017-11-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Australia

Two ways to update the RC: 1. Leaving the craft powered off, turn on the RC and GO on the attached smart device,  select "Enter the device", and select the Status bar at the top (where it may say "disconnected". If an update is available, it'll normally have an indicator there which you can select. 2. Same start, but this time don't select "Enter the device"  - press and hold down the 3 lines at top right of that screen for at least 10 secs. You should then get a new screen with the options of RC firmware available to upgrade up or down to. Pick which you want. Apologies if there's a minor deviation anywhere in the above - I went from memory.

However, sometimes after an RC update you may need to re-link communications between RC and Craft. At the same time, press the C1 and C2 buttons underneath the controller and the Record button. The RC should then start making a D-D-D- sound which means it's searching for a device. Then use a paperclip or tooth pick to push in the link button on the Craft (near the SD card). On successful link, both the left RC LED and the craft LED should go green to indicate successful connection.
2017-11-6
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 204803 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always upgrade both craft and controller as they will be on different versions if you do one and not the other. Assistant 2 for craft and Go App for controller works overtime for me. No need to the steps above. Also, update craft 1st then controller - personal opinion which works for me.
2017-11-6
Use props
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-11-6 23:31
Always upgrade both craft and controller as they will be on different versions if you do one and not the other. Assistant 2 for craft and Go App for controller works overtime for me. No need to the steps above. Also, update craft 1st then controller - personal opinion which works for me.

Thank you CoreyB10: Would you mind explaining what-Assistant 2 for craft and Go App for controller works overtime for me means.
Thank you, Geoff
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Australia

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-11-6 23:31

It's never wise to make comments like "No need to the steps above", when there are many variables at play with these craft. Regardless, the steps to upgrade the controller are valid, so I assume you were referring to the steps to re-link the craft?

Not sure what your experience was, but when the last prod version for the P4P was released, numerous owners were finding that they needed to re-link the craft after update. This was no doubt due to there being a matching RC update, and despite what you suggest this is not a normal occurrence. Hence why I provided the advice, and also because the OP was experiencing a "disconnect" problem.

Geoff, to answer your question, as the wifi-connected smart device is connected to the RC, that's the logical way to update the firmware on your RC. But wifi updates add another layer of risk (wifi communication latency, router drop-outs, etc), so updating the craft via connection to a PC would typically be safer noting that more often than not the PC may be connected by wire to your router. Assistant 2 also error-checks the download - not sure if the DJI GO app does that. And it's advisable to do a VPS calibration, then a gimbal calibration, after a craft firmware update - and you need to be connected with Assistant 2 for that anyway.

I hope that makes sense. And ICT Risk Management is my profession, so it's natural to me to consider these things... hehe
2017-11-7
Use props
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Folks,
Update: I managed to download Assistant 2 to my iMac. I wouldn't recognise my Controller. I refreshed firmware on my P4Pro through Assistant 2. I successfully calibrated the VPS but not the Gimble as I still could not connect to my P4Pro. I ran over the steps above including restarts etc but no luck. DJI Support recommend I send P4Pro and Controller in for repair.
Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. All the best, Geoff
2017-11-8
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried either of these 2 re-linking process, also the controller is updated from via the  DJI Go4 app, which prompts you to do so if there is a new version.

Gimbal calibration is also done in DJI Go4 app
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118954

2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Orbitance Posted at 2017-11-8 02:51
Hi Folks,
Update: I managed to download Assistant 2 to my iMac. I wouldn't recognise my Controller. I refreshed firmware on my P4Pro through Assistant 2. I successfully calibrated the VPS but not the Gimble as I still could not connect to my P4Pro. I ran over the steps above including restarts etc but no luck. DJI Support recommend I send P4Pro and Controller in for repair.
Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. All the best, Geoff

Please notice that you can not upgrade your RC through DJI Assistant 2. I believe our support will solve the problem for you.
2017-11-12
Use props
Orbitance
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-12 02:26
Please notice that you can not upgrade your RC through DJI Assistant 2. I believe our support will solve the problem for you.

Hi to everyone who posted replies. Sorry or not getting back sooner.
The problem was way more complicated. I returned my P4pro to Heliguy (UK) who were unable to fix it. They sent it to DJI UK. I understand that they replaced my drone so I don't know what the exact problem was.
Thanks once again for all your contributions!
Geoff
2018-3-18
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

Orbitance, there are a lot of people who experienced this connection issue between RC and AC, you can just search on phantom 4 pro treads you find a lot of topics!
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules