DJI Media Maker
10309 22 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGSinSC
lvl.2
United States

Is there a version of DJI Media Maker that will stitch the 46 photos taken by the new Spark pano mode? When I downloaded the S/W and imported the 46 photos, it stitched them, but created only a 180, not a 360.

.....Or is there other freeware that will do all 46 and create an actual 360 pano?

I have used the on board S/W in the DJI Go4 app and it works, but the resolution of the photos is quite small.

Thanx
2017-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is a very good software app that might help you it’s called THETA you can download it from the App Store. Go have a look at it , it might just suit it’s also free.
2017-11-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

My first question would be what you expect a 360° pano to look like? There are three options:
1. A flat picture that covers however a 360° area? DJI Media Maker does this if you choose the right option before stitching.
2. A "bowl" like looking picture with a lot of sky around it that tends to be called "Tiny Planet" in this forum and which is still flat? This you can easily create with e.g. Microsoft ICE.
Or,
3. A true 3D picture in which you can turn around and have a 360° view?
While options 1 and 2 might sometimes look interesting, I still consider them pretty useless to be honest. Option 3 however is exciting indeed. In order to have this experience, you need either special software on your PC, or you upload the 360° flat panos created with e.g. DJI Media Maker to online platforms which support this function.

2017-11-6
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Like Hallmark007 mentioned, Theta+ seems like the ticket. Drone Supremacy on YouTube does a tutorial that I watched, apparently it will do the assembly quite easily with adjustments along the way. Iʻm just wondering about resolution output. Having come from design / print I like hirez imagery.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry that DJI Media Make can not stitch the 46 photos now. But the requirement will be forwarded to our engineers. Thanks for your attention.
2017-11-6
Use props
Rafael Lacerda
New
Flight distance : 547054 ft
Brazil

This DJI Media Maker works with RAW files?
2017-12-20
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Rafael Lacerda Posted at 2017-12-20 15:38
This DJI Media Maker works with RAW files?

Where can I download the dji Mediamaker?Did a search and came up blank.
2017-12-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Rickyber Posted at 2017-12-20 20:13

Try again with google
2017-12-20
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

DJI Media Maker imported and stitched together the 46 images from a couple of my Spark's Sphere panoramas.  Depending on the online viewing website(s) that you use, you may have to change the final stitched image's aspect ratio to meet the viewing requirements.  Some require 2:1 aspect ratio.  I'll do some testing in the morning using output from DJI Media Maker to verify various settings.  Also, more recent versions of Photoshop Elements and Photoshop can do photo merging.  I'm not sure how well they do it.  Back to DJI Media Maker: I believe the resulting merged spherical image resolution was on the order of 28,000 x 9,000 pixels.  Don't hold me to that. LOL!  I've also used the Ricoh Theta + app on iOs quite successfully to view and do color correction, etc. on the photo sphere image.  Hope some of this helps.
2017-12-20
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Here is the link to the software
DJI Media Maker
2017-12-20
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

I use media maker to stictch my panos. Works great. I make the little planets in photoshop
2017-12-20
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

As promised, I ran a quick test using a sphere pano that I shot the other day.

DJI Media Maker quickly stitched the 46 photos together (I selected 360 degree panorama) and the resulting image was 18562 x 5122 pixels.  I opened this image up in Photoshop Elements and changed the canvas size to a 2:1 aspect ratio with the original image pinned to the bottom of the canvas (all the new, blank area was created at the top.)  This new image now has dimensions of 18562 x 9281 pixels (a 2:1 ratio.)  Since the Spark can't photograph anything directly overhead, I've been creating a false sky at the top of the photo via gradient fills or by replicating and flipping the original photo's skyline and using that to fill in where the overhead view would be.

Here's the result of my quick test this morning, hosted on SkyPixel:

2017-12-21
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Thanks and duh, what a dummy I am.
I was trying to download this to my tablet and I realized it is not a mobile based program.I downloaded a free version of Power Director which is mobile based.
I'll try the other once proficiency develops
2017-12-22
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Download Microsoft ICE (Free)
2017-12-22
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-22 19:30
Download Microsoft ICE (Free)

Micosoft ICE has some sort of virus which antivirus programs pick up !!!
2017-12-22
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72598 ft
Australia

I just used ICE to do the same and it didn't turn out like I expected. I used the quick method and chose spherical
https://www.skypixel.com/photos/vanity-s-crossing-panorama
2017-12-22
Use props
Noikmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72598 ft
Australia

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-22 23:26
I just used ICE to do the same and it didn't turn out like I expected. I used the quick method and chose spherical
https://www.skypixel.com/photos/vanity-s-crossing-panorama

Whoops. I missed the advice about the aspect ratio. Fixed that up and it is all good. I did the same pano twice. This one with and this one with
2017-12-23
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-23 02:44
Whoops. I missed the advice about the aspect ratio. Fixed that up and it is all good. I did the same pano twice. This one with DJI Media Maker and this one with Microsoft Image Composition Editor

Hello everybody, I've downloaded the DJI Media Maker, tried it with the 46-photo Spherical panorama folder generated by Spark...
It does work, I mean it generates a Flat Rectangular 25-megabyte picture with all the 46 photos stitched, but after this, I can't find a way to post it to Facebook..
I tried the command-line tool exiftool -projectiontype="equirectangular"  xx.jpg,  I tried to upload the photo to a number of online platform claiming to inject the right metadata in it to make it recognizable by facebook, some of them say the file is too large, some other accept it but it still can't  be see as a spherical panorama on facebook....
What is the correct procedure to make the large dJI media maker output picture compatible with Facebook?   
Thanks
Adolfo
2018-5-23
Use props
Jose Miguel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113291 ft
Spain

I use "Image Composite Editor"  and works very well
2018-8-16
Use props
Jimis.M
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754705 ft
Greece

Rickyber Posted at 2017-12-20 20:13

Here you can download DJI Media Maker for OSMO (It also works for DJI Drones) .
2018-11-6
Use props
djiuser_f1qmcUVWhPm4
New

Brazil

Hi! How do I get pano photos in spark with at least 1080p resolution? I have 3 pictures of 3968x2976 in Plano mode, but when I get it stitched from DJI go4 app, it only outputs 1211x894 pixels pictures... I tried to use DJI media maker, but it failed
2018-11-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_f1qmcUVWhPm4 Posted at 11-6 05:31
Hi! How do I get pano photos in spark with at least 1080p resolution? I have 3 pictures of 3968x2976 in Plano mode, but when I get it stitched from DJI go4 app, it only outputs 1211x894 pixels pictures... I tried to use DJI media maker, but it failed

Try it with Ms ICE
2018-11-6
Use props
pablo.sau
New
Mexico

Noikmeister Posted at 2017-12-23 02:44
Whoops. I missed the advice about the aspect ratio. Fixed that up and it is all good. I did the same pano twice. This one with DJI Media Maker and this one with Microsoft Image Composition Editor

Hello!

How did you fix the aspect ratio? I just created the images using both MS ICE and DJI Media Maker, but when I try to upload those images to skypixel.com, I get an error that says "Please make sure the aspect ratio of your panorama in pixel width and height is 2 : 1."

How can I do that?

Thanks!
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules