Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some flights in my local area
899 15 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rszarka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217198 ft
Australia

Just some videos i have made in my area Bondi Beach  Surrounds in Sydney Australia

2017-11-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha rszarka,

Your videos are not High Definition.  What resolution are you using to record your videos?  When you upload to YouTube, there are two steps.  The first is the upload, the second is the processing.  If you upload a 1080p video and "Publish" right after the upload is done, the compression of the video is not completed.  The best thing is to wait until YouTube sends you an email saying that your video is done.  Then publish your video (after choosing the Thumbnail and adding Key Words, etc.)

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hey. I'd echo Cetacean's comment. Otherwise, I liked how you strung the segments  together, but some of your curved flight was a little jerky so I'd suggest you practise those shots to get the action smoother.

Finally, knowing the area I thought I'd check. If you haven't already I'd suggest you download the free CASA app "Can I Fly There", and brush up on the CASA guidelines ; especially relating to flying over populous areas and built-up areas (like the night shots in Bondi). I noted that you kept low for many shots (which is good), but you still flew over the beach and a dual roadway, and we all need to comply with the guidelines otherwise they'll toughen them up more. Remember the guy who sent his drone to pick up BBQ snags from a Bunnings... ? ;-)
2017-11-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great places to film.
If possible please upload in HD
2017-11-6
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all, thanks for your comments
Regarding the HD, I am shooting in 4K but i cant seem to get the output from premiere once i edit the video to be of a decent quality ...i have tried all kinds of things and done tons of research on google ..but yeah dont have that down yet ...the video that comes out of premiere after editing is never up to par .. Anyone here have any idea how best to export from Premiere to retain the 4K quality?

Punchbuggy ....Yes i need quite a bit or practice yet to get my filming and framing just right...i have not had the drone all that long and I am still a bit nervous when i fly ..getting there  slowly haha.
I just reviewed all of the Casa guildelines.... Also Just got the Dont Fly There App, Thanks for the suggestions mate ..
i was actually thinking of taking a flight over Rose Bay at one point until i realised seaplanes take off and land there frequently so yeah something like the Dont Fly There App is very good to have.
Until your post now i did not realise flying over the beach is a problem? I actually went to the life guard tower before and asked them if it was ok and they said not a problem at all just dont harass people..
I am surprised you are not supposed to fly at night which i think is kind of a very dumb rule as at night there are much less people around to bother..less winds and you also can see the screen and what you are doing better most times ...also keeping the drone in sight at range is easier with the lights.." i have heard people getting excited about the UFO they just spotted haha". Maybe its something to do with privacy? So people dont get worried about drones peering into their houses at night...only good reason i can think of for no night flying as i actually think its safer than day flying because of all of the above reasons.

In general i avoid people as much as possible i try to fly far away from everyone especially crowds...if i want to film them i do it from way off to the side and i dont go high very often..... The flight where i went over the roadway and filmed the Bondi hotel at night i actually had 2 police officers sitting next to me watching the video and suggesting where to fly lol So i guess they dont know the rules or are not very worried about them as of yet anyways....But i do agree with you the more problems drones cause the more rules we will end up with and the more restricted our hobby will end up ...so noted on all you mentioned here I have to look up the Bunnings story i havent seen that one...
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

rszarka Posted at 2017-11-7 18:45
Regarding the HD, I am shooting in 4K but i cant seem to get the output from premiere once i edit the video to be of a decent quality ...i have tried all kinds of things and done tons of research on google ..but yeah dont have that down yet ...the video that comes out of premiere after editing is never up to par .. Anyone here have any idea how best to export from Premiere to retain the 4K quality?

Hey, all fair and reasonable assumptions made about where and when you fly, and I will be the "Pot calling the Kettle black" if I said that I perfectly abide by the rules myself. But you do need to take care that breaches aren't significant, and definitely don't post those as CASA monitor Youtube and have fined people based on them before. And flying over a populated beach is an obvious breach.

The CASA guidelines are quite reasonable and have a clear intent. Just ask yourself - if the drone loses power and drops, will it injure someone or damage property? Imagine a 30m cone below, starting at the drone. And that's why it's not legal to fly over a built-up suburb too, along with the privacy concern.

National parks are generally a no-no also, with the classic breach being to fly around a lighthouse (as it's typically on designated national park). You can get around this by seeking the Ranger's permission or by simply taking off elsewhere and keeping a safe margin - but that may increase flight time and battery usage.

But the police aren't necessariliy across CASA guidelines, and no doubt think it's OK as they use drones for their own surveilance. But they'll be licensed operators, and they are able to go within 15m of sites whereas us mere mortals must keep 30m, for example.

Bunnings: the guy was an idiot. He cut a clever video of himself in a backyard spa sending his P4 up, flying over a freeway to a nearby Bunnings, dropping down a bag with $10 and a letter asking for a sausage sandwich, and then flying back - I suspect the BBQ snag purchase was pre-arranged. And then he posted it on Youtube! CASA tracked him down fairly quickly with the video as evidence, I understand, and he was hit with a nice fine.

Another breach was about a year ago. Some clown flew his drone along the Sydney Harbour Bridge but hit some of the structure. A car with a dashcam filmed the drone bouncing off the car in front with a part hitting his. The newspapers the next day showed a photo of the part extracted from his grill - a mavic camera and gimbal... Anti-Drone advocates had a field day with that one, as the whole Harbour is a heavily restricted zone.

But I'm not here to preach, just to enlighten.  ;-)
2017-11-7
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Hahaha i got all the same advice from these guys as you have well about the filming side of things anyway. Ive been flying drones for nearly 3 years but only just started doing videos as well.
Best advice i can suggest is to slow down take your time and dont try to rush your shots keep coming back to this forum and look at what others are posting in the way of videos.
And as always ask questions ok there is no such thing as a silly question if you dont know the answer.
You will find that your videos will improve very quikly with the advice you can get from these guys n gals.
Well done.
2017-11-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-7 19:18
Hahaha i got all the same advice from these guys as you have well about the filming side of things anyway. Ive been flying drones for nearly 3 years but only just started doing videos as well.
Best advice i can suggest is to slow down take your time and dont try to rush your shots keep coming back to this forum and look at what others are posting in the way of videos.
And as always ask questions ok there is no such thing as a silly question if you dont know the answer.

Yeah, gotta agree Hellsgate.

There's some good camera angle ideas demonstrated in this thread too: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118660-1-2.html
A little obvious in some cases, but it's good to see them wrapped up together.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Beautiful footage but would like to see the original video with high resolution.
2017-11-12
Use props
KevinJD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39012 ft
Australia

rszarka Posted at 2017-11-7 18:45

I've never been to Bondi and I live in Newcastle.

In premiere Pro CC 2018 make your SEQUENCE settings in editing mode:

DNxHR 4K

In Video Previews:

DNxHR HQ 4K 25

Codec:

DNxHR

After finishing your edit, save, then send it to Encoder.  Open the PRESET string and there's a list.  At the 13th position, it's HIGH QUALITY 2160p 4K.  At the 28th position, it's VIMEO 2160p 4K.  At the 33rd position it's YOUTUBE 2160p 4k.

You can modify them to suit, but I simply use the YOUTUBE one if I intend to send it up via YOUTUBE and then in the forum, paste the link to the video.

I learnt about this from tutorial videos sent up by clever users.   

= Kev =

2017-11-12
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

KevinJD Posted at 2017-11-12 14:23
I've never been to Bondi and I live in Newcastle.

In premiere Pro CC 2018 make your SEQUENCE settings in editing mode:

KevinJd many thanks for that info mate i will try and output the videos in this manner and see if i get a higher quality result ALl of this is a huge help thank you! I have a few more videos in the works form this area...lots of great flying locations ...its just difficult to make sure I am not breaking any rules...
I found an amazing spot on the South Head entrance to the harbor which would have made for the most awesome footage but of course there were signs saying no drones...im trying to get ahold of the park ranger to see if i can get permission as it would just be such great footage!

Punchbuggy: I appreciate you pointing out all of this as i do not want to get in trouble or make things worse for our hobby! It all is very restrictive but im sure if you are careful fly with some sense you can bend the rules a little here and there ...just make sure you are not endangering anyone or annoying anyone ...ie a quick flight out over hermit bay at low altitude just to get some footage of the moored yachts and the Bay would harm nor annoy anyone! I didnt realise all national parks were also off limits without a rangers go ahead...there is almost nowhere you can fly without breaking some rule lol
I miss my youth growing up in the Bahamas where rules and regulations were few and far between let alone anyone enforcing them haha it was a very easy going and stress free life on the islands  yah mon!...

Thanks again Kevin and Punchbuggy!
2017-11-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Beautiful area. Thanks for posting!
2017-11-23
Use props
KevinJD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39012 ft
Australia

rszarka Posted at 2017-11-22 22:49
KevinJd many thanks for that info mate i will try and output the videos in this manner and see if i get a higher quality result  ALl of this is a huge help thank you! I have a few more videos in the works form this area...lots of great flying locations ...its just difficult to make sure I am not breaking any rules...
I found an amazing spot on the South Head entrance to the harbor which would have made for the most awesome footage but of course there were signs saying no drones...im trying to get ahold of the park ranger to see if i can get permission as it would just be such great footage!

The Fed Gov has an app on the CAA site you can put on your phone or as I did, on my tablet that when tapped, will show you if the spot you intend to use is in or outside a no fly zone,  The quadcopter symbol can be dragged to wherever you want to take off from and the no fly zone reorients.  Useful I think and worth looking at even if you intend to bend the rules.
2017-12-6
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Guys

Well after a whole lot of experimenting and messing around i finally managed to get the output at 4k after video editing! This was quite a journey to figure out .. So here are my latest videos taken all around where i live In bondi Beach Sydney Australia...now that i can output in 4k i just need to get good at the actual filming and editing haha

Boats and beaches in Hermit Bay     

Southern end of Bondi Beach at the start of the coastal walk  

Nothern End of Bondi Beach around the rocks and cliffs plus over a park nearby   

The other side of the cliffs in North Bondi ..i messed up and used the same music as another video..will have to change and reupload one of them   
2017-12-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice!
2017-12-14
Use props
rszarka
lvl.2