DJI GO 4 keeps crashing with iPhone X and IOS 11.1
7715 43 2017-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8d60b378
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2292867 ft
United States

For Apple products this has been working for me. Settings/general/date and time/ turn off set automatic and change the date to November anything. After flying turn back to automatic. Very annoying but haven’t had a crash since starting to do this.
2017-12-19
Use props
martire
New
United States

I bought the Mavic a couple months ago to travel with, I've traveled to 2 places with it and it has been useless on both trips. Just got back from Florida and the app would crash every 15 seconds. Had my drone hovering in the middle of the ocean for a while, luckily it flew back to land. I don't know how DJI can release an app/app update without going through a thorough QA process. I really hope DJI replaces the drones that were lost due to this issue. I'd rather have no app than use a faulty app and lose my drone. DJI should consider sending emails on the status of their apps, your drones are not cheap and are at risk when your apps are unpredictable.
2017-12-19
Use props
userbc097a678f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566883 ft
Hong Kong

martire Posted at 2017-12-19 09:43
I bought the Mavic a couple months ago to travel with, I've traveled to 2 places with it and it has been useless on both trips. Just got back from Florida and the app would crash every 15 seconds. Had my drone hovering in the middle of the ocean for a while, luckily it flew back to land. I don't know how DJI can release an app/app update without going through a thorough QA process. I really hope DJI replaces the drones that were lost due to this issue. I'd rather have no app than use a faulty app and lose my drone. DJI should consider sending emails on the status of their apps, your drones are not cheap and are at risk when your apps are unpredictable.

Hi Martire,

It’s good to hear that your drone luckily returned to home. I just got the official reply from DJI that they REFUSED to offer me a new Mavic Pro due to the following reasons:

1) no evidence showing how the drone was lost after the connection was lost
2) the app crash MUST NOT be the cause for the incident

I was totally disappointed to their responses. They have never done one more step to prevent these incidents like reminding users to update the iOS or stop the users from flying it the iOS isn’t compatible to the app etc.

Even this problem seems not that uncommon, they still think they have no responsibility on this. DJI really disappoints me this time!
2017-12-26
Use props
H. Kennedy
lvl.3
Brazil

Haggen Kennedy Posted at 2017-12-15 06:10
Yes, I tried every variation:
1) uninstalling, reinstalling the app
2) uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling the app

As promised on Dec 15th 2017, I'm back to report (happily) that what I did worked: I went to options and clicked "Clear Video Cache" at first; but then I just turned Video Cache off altogether (leave the option "Cache During Video Shooting" off).

It's now Jan 5, 2018, and I've flown on many occasions since Dec 15th 2017. The app hasn't crashed once [*angels singing in the background*]. DJI has also released an update just a couple of days ago, and still no crashes. So what did it for me was turning the Video Cache off.

I use an iPhone 7 256 Gb (the regular version, not the plus), but I believe it works for Android as well, since I got the idea precisely from people using Android phones on YouTube. I hope this can help someone.
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules