Wi Fi connection dropping
1628 6 2014-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

A newbie to Phantom FPV, trying to do first flight,  connected to my Samsung Galx 3 phone, got pass calibration, lost connection.  Did this three times.  Thought once I was connected so I took it off and it, alt and position held, but lost connection.  Landed it.     Got a Warning BOX telling me to turn off WiFi network scan,  talked with Sprint tech support - not possible with Galx 3...  No known wifi interference...numerous wifi sources present in area    Help...???   

2014-10-21
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Samsung Galaxy S3, just swipe down from the top and turn off mobile data. That will stop the phone searching for an internet network and keep it connected to the Phantom.
2014-10-21
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-22 04:59
I use a Samsung Galaxy S3, just swipe down from the top and turn off mobile data. That will stop the ...

Will try that,  did not think that, since I am not using this as a phone or have Sprint service,  it was a spare smartphone and it accepted the DJI app.   When out and tried it...   still the same,  but the app is reconnecting to MC on it own, but dropping after about 30 secs.   I also unplugged my home wi fi source which was the only wi fi in range.   THe Gal 3 still scans with mobile data off.      
2014-10-21
Use props
DiscoDave
lvl.1

Canada

I don't have a S3, but what I do is put my phone in 'airplane mode' first, and then turn on wifi. That might help.

A couple months ago I got a call while flying right at the limit of my sight. The call took over the screen of the phone, and while trying to get back to the Vision app, the phantom crashed into tree branch and fell into a small creek. I was very fortunate that the camera/gimbal remained out of the water. Now I always make sure to be in airplane mode.   Dave
2014-10-21
Use props
briangrounsell
lvl.2

New Zealand

Go Settings > Wi-fi > Advanced and turn off AOTO NETWORK SWITCH
2014-10-21
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

Found a solution that worked on YouTube,     had to go to setting/network connections  and TURN OFF the Connection Optimizer,   after that I had no problems and made my first flight with the Vision +.   The YouTube stated this was a Galaxy s3 related problem.
Thanks for the help and hints...   
2014-10-21
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Glad to hear it works.
Thank you guys~
2014-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now