Phantom 3 SE ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8da5a86a
New
Finland

Hello!

This is my first post and sorry my poor english language.

My new Phantom 3 SE work fine, but RTH dont work correctly. When I activate this function on the DJI Go application screen, it not returns to the home location, but starts to land directly from the point where it was at that time.
What´s wrong ?

Thanks help !
- Mika
2017-11-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mika,

There are three settings for RTH.  Return to Home, Hover and Land.  In the General Settings (Icon upper right corner) are a number of hardware icons on the left.  The top one is the Aircraft and the third one down is for the Remote Controller.  One of those two has the RTH option in it.  It is a pull-down menu and you choose from one of the three options.  Look to see if it is set to "Land".

Another possibility is that you may have not gone further than 30 meters away from where you launched.  Closer than 30 meters will make the Aircraft land rather than return to the launch spot when RTH is executed.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean, thanks for your fast response. As far as I know, the drone will descend automatically within 20 meters when RTH triggered, please confirm.
Mika, please refer the User Manual and check again: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.0.pdf
RTH.png
2017-11-7
Use props
fans8da5a86a
New
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-7 04:39
Cetacean, thanks for your fast response. As far as I know, the drone will descend automatically within 20 meters when RTH triggered, please confirm.
Mika, please refer the User Manual and check again: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_se/20170810/Phantom+3+SE+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf

Thanks for the answer!

In this way, I have not tested it yet, but if I fly it under 20m, should not it climb 20m and then return home point "RTH"

And yes, I have read the manual from cover to cover.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans8da5a86a
New
Finland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-7 03:05
Aloha Mika,

There are three settings for RTH.  Return to Home, Hover and Land.  In the General Settings (Icon upper right corner) are a number of hardware icons on the left.  The top one is the Aircraft and the third one down is for the Remote Controller.  One of those two has the RTH option in it.  It is a pull-down menu and you choose from one of the three options.  Look to see if it is set to "Land".

Tthanks for the answer !

The settings are, in my opinion, correct

IMG_0171.jpg
2017-11-8
Use props
fans8da5a86a
New
Finland

IMG_0172.jpg
2017-11-8
Use props
fans8da5a86a
New
Finland

2017-11-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans8d,

Yes, here it is in post #6, you have it indicated that the Phantom is supposed to "Return to Home".  Now, you need to check if you are further out than 20 meters as Susan indicates with that page from the manual.  Be sure you do the test where you can see the Phantom and its environment real well.  It would not be a good idea for it to land in a problem area.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The red circled area above is not written well.  To be clear, if RTH is initiated within 20 meters of homepoint, the AC will auto land.  If RTH is initiated outside of 20 meters of homepoint, the AC will achieve minimum RTH height, then fly all the way to home point and then descend.  
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8da5a86a Posted at 2017-11-8 00:20
Thanks for the answer!

In this way, I have not tested it yet, but if I fly it under 20m, should not it climb 20m and then return home point "RTH"

The drone will not climb when the distance is less than 20 meters. Choose an open place with good GPS signal, you can test the RTH features personally.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules