2277 23 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just did a test flight with my new iPhone X and DJI Go 4 -- Only locked up once (while accessing the camera options) but was able to go to home screen and back in to correct.  Screen brightness seems a little better too, but it is cloudy here today.  Overall, an improvement as my iPhone 7+ has been freezing up and losing video connection during flights for quite some time.  And the X did not get blazing hot like my 7+.    The only downside is the X displays the app much smaller than the 7+ -- The screen width of the X is smaller, and that is what the app sizes to.  (There is extra screen not being utilized on the long dimension in almost every non-Apple app....so, the screen feels a little like a downgrade from the +) Anyway, hope this helps those who were curious about the X.

2017-11-7
Use props
fansad439635
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70669 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had so many issue with the iPhone X I really cannot use it safely. App crashes all the time, instantly when I switch to sport mode. Impacts screen connection too. Just seems like DJI needs to do an update for the X.
2017-11-7
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansad439635 Posted at 2017-11-7 13:19
I've had so many issue with the iPhone X I really cannot use it safely. App crashes all the time, instantly when I switch to sport mode. Impacts screen connection too. Just seems like DJI needs to do an update for the X.

That sounds more like what I have with the 7+.... Definitely all started with one of the most recent updates.  Guess the iOS users finally got hit.
2017-11-7
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

All those informations are very good to know!
2017-11-8
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

FYI Litchi has X support (Beta) lets hope that the official App comes along next days
2017-11-8
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

trica de Posted at 2017-11-8 01:46
FYI Litchi has X support (Beta) lets hope that the official App comes along next days

Litchi already supports the X.

For me the Go App works without any problems in combination with the X.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the feedback about iPhone X with our APP, the size issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further developing and improving, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-12
Use props
borgqueenx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 824094 ft
Netherlands

any update?
2017-11-23
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

1000 dollar phone just aint good enough eh, what chance does my Wiko Tommy 2 have lol.

The App crashing thing is almost a criminal thing now.  They need to state the specs needed to run the app without issue or fix the apparent problem.

Maybe it's a thing to push us to by crystalsky or the goggles????

It's unbelievable that you can pay 1500 of money stuff of a high tech product that is called an "aircraft" and have a app that crashes 3 or 4 times in 30 mins.

And it does not seem to matter how expensive your mobile is.

What is going on here.  The App does not seem to need a minimum spec, the crash is caused by external factors maybe??

Conspiracy, lol.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJEyeintheSky
lvl.1
New Zealand

iPhone X is currently bad for any DJI products, give it like another month or so!
2017-11-23
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Friends, buy a 6s+ ! It works great with the Mavic !
2017-11-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

How do you got it connected?  I tried many times but no success with my iPhone X to Mavic controller.  It just show disconnect, when I switch back to my iPhone 7 Plus then it work and connect immediately.  Also the worse is the RC handle completely block out the iPhone X Face ID sensors.  So it won’t unlock automatically when I put the phone in place.
2017-11-24
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-11-24 06:57
How do you got it connected?  I tried many times but no success with my iPhone X to Mavic controller.  It just show disconnect, when I switch back to my iPhone 7 Plus then it work and connect immediately.  Also the worse is the RC handle completely block out the iPhone X Face ID sensors.  So it won’t unlock automatically when I put the phone in place.

I use the USB on the back  -- instead of the micro usb cable.  Also, I am on the Apple beta OS program... so a couple of versions ahead of the public release on getting the bugs out of OS.  If you are having problems you might consider enrolling your device.  Just be sure to make a full backup before goin Beta, so you can uninstall if you are not happy.  Google Apple Beta for more info.
I also change the settings to NOT lock when I know I will be flying.  Swiping up from the landscape mode of DJI Go4 and then landing in portrait mode was a little disconcerting for a bit too, but I have gotten used to looking for the gray swipe bar in every app to know how to get out.

2017-12-5
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-12-5 20:25
I use the USB on the back  -- instead of the micro usb cable.  Also, I am on the Apple beta OS program... so a couple of versions ahead of the public release on getting the bugs out of OS.  If you are having problems you might consider enrolling your device.  Just be sure to make a full backup before goin Beta, so you can uninstall if you are not happy.  Google Apple Beta for more info.
I also change the settings to NOT lock when I know I will be flying.  Swiping up from the landscape mode of DJI Go4 and then landing in portrait mode was a little disconcerting for a bit too, but I have gotten used to looking for the gray swipe bar in every app to know how to get out.

I was on IOS11.1.2 and did everything you mentioned but still can’t get iPhone X to connect to Platinum.  Then IOS11.2 roll out then it suddenly all workout!  
2017-12-5
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-5 22:05
I was on IOS11.1.2 and did everything you mentioned but still can’t get iPhone X to connect to Platinum.  Then IOS11.2 roll out then it suddenly all workout!

Great - I didn't even notice they finally made 11.2 public.  I have found this combination to be really stable.  Only 2 days that I saw the crazy gimbal reset behavior in flight, but that went away with 11.2.5 beta.  Hoping it stays away for good.
2017-12-6
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-12-6 16:59
Great - I didn't even notice they finally made 11.2 public.  I have found this combination to be really stable.  Only 2 days that I saw the crazy gimbal reset behavior in flight, but that went away with 11.2.5 beta.  Hoping it stays away for good.

Do you have more information or link about the gimbal reset issue?  I also experience similar issue with my Mavic Platinum.
2017-12-6
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-6 17:46
Do you have more information or link about the gimbal reset issue?  I also experience similar issue with my Mavic Platinum.

No, but many people have documented the gimbal freakout on both Mavic Pro and the Platinum.  The excuse I had heard before was too many open apps, and that the processor was getting overwhelmed.  Pretty safe to rule that out with the iPhone X I would guess.   Both times it happened to me on the Platinum, it was colder here than normal (down in the 40s).  On one day I probably had 3 or 4 occurrences.  It definitely occurred when I stopped a video recording and immediately restarted recording.  I was shooting a lower resolution that 4K (probably the 2.7k) but cannot recall for certain, and had paused the aircraft at about 80m elevation.  The most disconcerting thing about that incident was, because I was fully stopped and hovering, I noticed it actually changed the heading of the aircraft -- not just messing up the gimbal for a few seconds. Hands were NOT on the sticks.  Have not had it happen for about a week or so now.
2017-12-7
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

After my 6s+ started randomly crashing yesterday I swapped to my iPhone X and it worked fine, annoyingly still not full screen but stable.
2017-12-7
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-12-7 13:06
No, but many people have documented the gimbal freakout on both Mavic Pro and the Platinum.  The excuse I had heard before was too many open apps, and that the processor was getting overwhelmed.  Pretty safe to rule that out with the iPhone X I would guess.   Both times it happened to me on the Platinum, it was colder here than normal (down in the 40s).  On one day I probably had 3 or 4 occurrences.  It definitely occurred when I stopped a video recording and immediately restarted recording.  I was shooting a lower resolution that 4K (probably the 2.7k) but cannot recall for certain, and had paused the aircraft at about 80m elevation.  The most disconcerting thing about that incident was, because I was fully stopped and hovering, I noticed it actually changed the heading of the aircraft -- not just messing up the gimbal for a few seconds. Hands were NOT on the sticks.  Have not had it happen for about a week or so now.

Thanks W.T. Foxtrot..
All my gimbal instant happened when I change to Mavic Pro Platinum.  My old Mavic did experience choked up in windy situation but never behave like Platinum did.  I have already experience such gimbal problem few times in Platinum mostly are slighty windy day, when I change from sport mode to normal then the problem will happen.  The camera turned up face the sky till it can’t move up anymore, and stay there for a while.  Meantime I loss all control to the gimbal movement.  It need couple second or even more to let it relax and back in control.  Don’t know the cause but I was control it with my Epson BT300 at all times.
2017-12-7
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-12-7 18:59
Thanks W.T. Foxtrot..
All my gimbal instant happened when I change to Mavic Pro Platinum.  My old Mavic did experience choked up in windy situation but never behave like Platinum did.  I have already experience such gimbal problem few times in Platinum mostly are slighty windy day, when I change from sport mode to normal then the problem will happen.  The camera turned up face the sky till it can’t move up anymore, and stay there for a while.  Meantime I loss all control to the gimbal movement.  It need couple second or even more to let it relax and back in control.  Don’t know the cause but I was control it with my Epson BT300 at all times.

Hey, I am getting a BT300 too!  So are you running a mirror program to keep Go4 on your iPhoneX or are you using the Android/Epson version of the app?   
I also experienced a 2-3 second period when you have ZERO control over the gimbal, shutter, etc.  IMO, it's safest to just let the craziness pass and then proceed with your flight.  Way better than panic mode and pushing a bunch of buttons -- most of which are NOT working Lol.
2017-12-7
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-12-7 22:01
Hey, I am getting a BT300 too!  So are you running a mirror program to keep Go4 on your iPhoneX or are you using the Android/Epson version of the app?   
I also experienced a 2-3 second period when you have ZERO control over the gimbal, shutter, etc.  IMO, it's safest to just let the craziness pass and then proceed with your flight.  Way better than panic mode and pushing a bunch of buttons -- most of which are NOT working Lol.

Thats completely two issues.  My gimbal instant happened when I control with BT300 only, which is still running GO4 4.1.15 available from Moverio Market store.
2017-12-7
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-12-7 15:39
After my 6s+ started randomly crashing yesterday I swapped to my iPhone X and it worked fine, annoyingly still not full screen but stable.

Yes, same here. iPhone X works perfectly, only the fullscreen is missing.
2017-12-7
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

To  avoid problems with iPhone X is it possible to use another iPhone without sim?
I know that maps will non ne availambe but maybe waiting new app version isn’t a problem
2017-12-8
Use props
SupaMonkey
lvl.1
South Africa

Havent tried the DJI software with my iPhone X but can report that I've had 2 flight sessions (3 different missions/batteries each session) with the Litchi App with my iPhone X and no troubles.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules