Unable to switch between Normal and Intellegent Mode during flight
12Next >
6279 67 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Just upgdated to android 4.1.15 app and .0701 fw.
Connected with RC, use Palm Launch, go up and done something, bring down, try to return to gesture mode and palm landing, tap the mode icon many times but no response, force to land on dirt.
Vice versa, take off by RC, change to gesture mode, do some tracing, try to switch back to normal mode to bring it up but no response by tapping the mode icon.
Anyone experience the same? or how to fix?
It work perfectly when using 4.1.10 with 0.0701 fw.
2017-11-7
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

The slider for enable multiple flight mode option (P, S, A) under AC setting is gone in 4.1.15 app. Anything to do with this?
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-7 18:49
The slider for enable multiple flight mode option (P, S, A) under AC setting is gone in 4.1.15 app. Anything to do with this?

Mmmhhh, that might be.
Just checked on my android, it is still there in 4.1.15
2017-11-7
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-7 20:22
Mmmhhh, that might be.
Just checked on my android, it is still there in 4.1.15

I have to check it again tonight. Im fact, tha app/my phone acting weird after up to 4.1.15. I open the app and hit the menu (the 3 dash at top right corner), the drop down menu items not always the same, say sometimes the offline map is there and sometimes not. May be I need to uninstall and reinstall it to see what happen. Or try to fly with the tablet and see.
2017-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-7 21:22
I have to check it again tonight. Im fact, tha app/my phone acting weird after up to 4.1.15. I open the app and hit the menu (the 3 dash at top right corner), the drop down menu items not always the same, say sometimes the offline map is there and sometimes not. May be I need to uninstall and reinstall it to see what happen. Or try to fly with the tablet and see.

You: Tablet
Me: Phone

I did read, there a different versions of DJI Go4 for phone and tablet
(Sorry, my Tab is not available right now)
So there may be some difference?
2017-11-7
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Of course I want the phone issue resolved. It's not practical to fly with tablet and rc. Sorry for my typo as my fingers are too big for the tiny key board of my phone.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

There isn't an icon to enable multiple flight mode for Spark. Please make sure that you are in P mode then takeoff the drone, click the mini RC icon on the left side of the app, then you can select a mode you want.
2017-11-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-8 03:24
There isn't an icon to enable multiple flight mode for Spark. Please make sure that you are in P mode then takeoff the drone, click the mini RC icon on the left side of the app, then you can select a mode you want.

DJI Thor, I think it should read:
"There shouldn't be a Enable multiple flight mode icon for Spark, because you don't have a 3-way PAF switch on the RC"
But I assure you, even now with the 4.1.15 update, there IS the EMFM Icon.
Which I assume, we can still switch off, like in 4.1.10.
And then the Sport Mode switch on RC is not working.
This is an old picture, from 4.1.10 some time ago, but : Enable multiple flight mode icon, green, switchable, minimum at that time! I did that and was wondering why I cant have sport mode any longer.

2017-11-8
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-8 04:27
DJI Thor, I think it should read:
"There shouldn't be a Enable multiple flight mode icon for Spark, because you don't have a 3-way PAF switch on the RC"
But I assure you, even now with the 4.1.15 update, there IS the EMFM Icon.

Thanks S-e-ven for your clarification. That's what I remember too in 4.1.10 and .0600 days. I am not sure was it causing my current situation - not able to switch mode (Intelligent<>Normal) during flight as it was gone in my 4.1.15 and .0701 now. I refresh the fw and uninstall reinstall the app. It was gone.
2017-11-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-8 07:06
Thanks S-e-ven for your clarification. That's what I remember too in 4.1.10 and .0600 days. I am not sure was it causing my current situation - not able to switch mode (IntelligentNormal) during flight as it was gone in my 4.1.15 and .0701 now. I refresh the fw and uninstall reinstall the app. It was gone.

Your welcome!
And to clarify for DJI: It is still now "there",DJI Go4 - 4.1.15 and fw .701
I only need to check, if it will switch off (block) the sports mode permanently, like it did before.

EIFM on.jpg

EIFM off.jpg
2017-11-8
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

This is only visible when the RC is connected via OTG cable. It is a Mavic function that is not available for the Spark.
2017-11-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-8 09:18
This is only visible when the RC is connected via OTG cable. It is a Mavic function that is not available for the Spark.

I did read that before. Of course, we dont have the 3 way switch.
But we have a "2-way" switch.
And I did switch "off" the "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" virtual button, in 4.1.10 and under .600 some time ago.
With the result that the sport mode switch was disabled!
Have not tried that, yet.
But dont see any reason, that it will have a different outcome.
2017-11-8
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

The virtual switch is back when connect with OTG. However still cannot switch mode (Intelligent<>Normal) during flight. That's the main problem. How can I roll back to 4.1.10 to see it's the app problem or the fw. Anyhow, I can switch between P & S mode in flight.

Screenshot_20171109-083912.png
Screenshot_20171109-083912.png
2017-11-8
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Would it be my phone's problem? I am using Sony C4 Dual with android 6.
2017-11-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-8 18:05
Would it be my phone's problem? I am using Sony C4 Dual with android 6.

To find out about that, you'll need to try another phone/device, methinks!
2017-11-8
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-8 20:14
To find out about that, you'll need to try another phone/device, methinks!

Thanks S-e-ven. I don't have access to other phone right now except robbing my wife's same brand but lower model or buy a new phone. Before I make any move,  could you kindly do me a favour, let me know if you did try sucessesfully switch flight mode (intelligent-normal) in flight with android 4.1.15 and .0701 fw and, if you don't mind, the brand of your phone that works for me to concider. Thanks a million.
2017-11-8
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-8 16:49
The virtual switch is back when connect with OTG. However still cannot switch mode (IntelligentNormal) during flight. That's the main problem. How can I roll back to 4.1.10 to see it's the app problem or the fw. Anyhow, I can switch between P & S mode in flight.

As stated earlier, this switch on the screenshots has no function for the Spark, it is for Mavic. Whatever your problem is, in my opinion it should not not be related to this switch.
2017-11-8
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I understand the virtual switch won't solve my problem. How can I roll back to 4.1.10 which is proven work with mode switching and most of the feature in .0701 fw excrpt 360 pano.
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-9 01:10
I understand the virtual switch won't solve my problem. How can I roll back to 4.1.10 which is proven work with mode switching and most of the feature in .0701 fw excrpt 360 pano.

You can check the one that is available for download at the DJI website: http://www.dji.com/de/spark/info#downloads
It does not seem to be version .15. Otherwise you can certainly download it from APK Mirror.
If it doesn't rain this afternoon I shall try to replicate your problem with version .15 and make screenshots on where you have to switch the modes.
2017-11-9
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-9 01:32
You can check the one that is available for download at the DJI website: http://www.dji.com/de/spark/info#downloads
It does not seem to be version .15. Otherwise you can certainly download it from APK Mirror.
If it doesn't rain this afternoon I shall try to replicate your problem with version .15 and make screenshots on where you have to switch the modes.

Thanks wachtberger. I will try to dl from DJI and install the apk and see. Thanks one more time for your time to trying it out. The problem is mentioned in the top post. Make it simple, it only let me change mode one time during flight, after that, the intelligent mode icon seems disabled. Tap it, it just blink (indicated it was tapped) but no actual response. Cannot change again until landed. Take off again, it can be changed one time and one time only.
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-9 02:19
Thanks wachtberger. I will try to dl from DJI and install the apk and see. Thanks one more time for your time to trying it out. The problem is mentioned in the top post. Make it simple, it only let me change mode one time during flight, after that, the intelligent mode icon seems disabled. Tap it, it just blink (indicated it was tapped) but no actual response. Cannot change again until landed. Take off again, it can be changed one time and one time only.

I believe to have had this problem with an older version of the App but not with the recent ones. I'll test as soon as possible and let you know.
2017-11-9
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Thanks a million. Looking forward to hear the result.
2017-11-9
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Just dl the apk from DJI and installed successfully. The version is 4.1.15 (411-Official) instead of 4.1.15 (411-gpPhone) from Playstore. Will try tomorrow morning.
2017-11-9
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

No luck. Still can't switch more that one time. Will rob my wife's phone to try.
2017-11-9
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-9 01:32

No luck with the .15 dl from dji site. Problem still persist. Will try dl from apk mirror but 2 version of .10 there. Which one for phone?
Thanks a lot. Edd
2017-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-9 20:09
No luck with the .15 dl from dji site. Problem still persist. Will try dl from apk mirror but 2 version of .10 there. Which one for phone?
Thanks a lot. Edd

You have to try, one will install and for the other one you will get an error message.
2017-11-9
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Noted with thanks.
2017-11-10
Use props
fansa4502aab
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi everybody! Last 2 days I’ve ha that problemand solution was like a facepalm!!

The switcher on my remote controller berween 2 sticks was ib “right” position = sport mode, I was just mooved it to the “left” position = normal mode and problem was solved
2017-11-10
Use props
GooseSG
lvl.2
Singapore

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-7 18:49

Where can i set this setting?
2017-11-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

GooseSG Posted at 2017-11-10 02:39
Where can i set this setting?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 841&fromuid=1051173

But this switch will mostly just disable sport mode switch on RC
2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-9 16:35
No luck. Still can't switch more that one time. Will rob my wife's phone to try.

Dear Edd_88, I couldn't do a test flight as promised yet because of rain here. But I have taken a screenshot for you last night on which you can see where you have to switch between the different modes. After having used one of the intelligent flight modes, the red circled button will take you back to normal mode:

Screenshot_2017-11-09-17-43-10.jpg
2017-11-10
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-10 05:07
Dear Edd_88, I couldn't do a test flight as promised yet because of rain here. But I have taken a screenshot for you last night on which you can see where you have to switch between the different modes. After having used one of the intelligent flight modes, the red circled button will take you back to normal mode:

Thanks Wachtberger. The problem is I can't even go back to this page after one change of mode. Say I use palm launch than hit the hand icon at the position of the green circle. your page show up then I hit the icon circle in red on your page then it change to normal mode then become to my page (Just a screen shot for demonstration. Not actually flying). Then the icon circle in green became un-responsive. Cannot change mode again until land and restart.

Screenshot_20171110-211740.png
2017-11-10
Use props
GooseSG
lvl.2
Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-10 03:22
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 841&fromuid=1051173

I've no luck, downloaded and tried both apk, 1 with gpphone, another 1 gptablet.
2017-11-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-10 05:40
Thanks Wachtberger. The problem is I can't even go back to this page after one change of mode. Say I use palm launch than hit the hand icon at the position of the green circle. your page show up then I hit the icon circle in red on your page then it change to normal mode then become to my page (Just a screen shot for demonstration. Not actually flying). Then the icon circle in green became un-responsive. Cannot change mode again until land and restart.

[view_image]

Ok, one more question:

After
"your page show up then I hit the icon circle in red on your page then it change to normal mode then become to my page (Just a screen shot for demonstration. Not actually flying). Then the icon circle in green became un-responsive. Cannot change mode again until land and restart."

Is the camera button just bright red, or is it like on this picture?

03.jpg

Can it be, you are still IN intelligent flight mode?
Have you tried, to mark a target on the screen, then?

I do have the idea, you are stucked in the mode without realizing it!
Have you tried the "go back" function from your device?

Edit: The pic is from a "no connection" batterie change situation.
But the "Overlay" for camera button happens when you are in tracking, quickshots, ...., too!

2017-11-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-11-10 05:40

[view_image]

Strange. Thus nothing helps than waiting for a rain break and trying myself. Have you seen the post at 28# ? Might this be reason in your case too?
2017-11-10
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-10 06:14
Ok, one more question:

After

I am pretty sure not stucked in Intelligent Mode. I start with palm launch (Intelligent-Gesture Mode), hit the hand icon, a selection page came up (Wachtberger's page), hit the RC icon, change to normal mode (Like your page with a RC icon), however, the RC icon seems disabled. Suppose the selection page should be come up when you hit the RC icon.
2017-11-10
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-10 06:15
Strange. Thus nothing helps than waiting for a rain break and trying myself. Have you seen the post at 28# ? Might this be reason in your case too?

Even the Intelligent Mode icon not working, I can still use the hard sliding switch between the 2 stick to change to sport mode and back. But the RC icon still not working after I did that.
2017-11-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Can you get a screen recorder on your phone?
I think it would be easier to see what you see during you trying?
AZ screen recorder worked good on one of my androids
2017-11-10
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-10 06:40
AZ screen recorder worken good on one of my androids

I can not fly right now as it's almost mid night here. Will try it tomorrow morning then upload for further discussion.
2017-11-10
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.3
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-10 06:40
AZ screen recorder worked good on one of my androids

Here's the screen recording. Don't worry the no fly zone warning. The 4.1.10 also show these warning but everything works fine. In fact, I am more than 500m from the restricted area. Just want to make sure, I will try to go somewhere not restricted to test again if the wind calm down.

Promised to buy my wife a new phone for ages and bought a Zenfone 4 yesterday. Spent the whole morning to test with 2 phone (Sony C4 and the Zenfone 4) and 3 apps  (4.1.15 from PlayStore, 4.1.15 and 4.1.10 from apk mirror) in matrix. The results almost the same. No luck with 4.1.15s for both phones and working well with 4.1.10.

2017-11-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules