8273 68 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

In about 3 hours I was able to shoot multiple locations, 10 pano 360s,  and edit them all to produce some really great images. I'm still using  Microsoft ICE, and even the time it takes to stitch them together is  dramatically reduced. I'm really loving this new shooting mode. THANKS  DJI!

PS. I'm sorry a few of these pics show up twice. I was having trouble with the uploads yesterday. Oops. My bad. ;D
TINY PLANET Gonda 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Mayo 1.jpg
TINY PLANET Mayo 2.jpg
TINY PLANET Mayo 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 1.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 2.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 4.jpg
TINY PLANET St Marys 2.jpg
TINY PLANET St Marys 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 2.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Plummer 4.jpg
TINY PLANET St Marys 2.jpg
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey, Bing
You just made sooooo great photos!
I will put this on the home page!
You are awesome! You just made 2 home pages recently!
I noticed that lots of users of our forum like sharing the pano, so would you mind sharing with us some experience to do that?
Look forward to your reply.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

These works are superb, so interesting! Thank you for sharing.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-8 03:13
Yeah, I was going to make a new tutorial anyway. Thanks for the great feedback! The new Sphere Pano button is AMAZING! I was getting 4 sphere panos per battery. Glad you like the photos. Cheers.
Corey B

I like them! I bet lots of users like them!
Look forward to your tutorial
I will get my first Spark this Saturday, so excited!
2017-11-8
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about the duplicate pics. I'm having a hell of a time uploading multiple images today.
TINY PLANET Gonda 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Gonda 2.jpg
2017-11-7
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Pretty cool stuff!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, these look cartoonistically cool!
2017-11-7
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-8 02:44
Hey, Bing
You just made sooooo great photos!
I will put this on the home page!

Yeah, I was going to make a new tutorial anyway. Thanks for the great feedback! The new Sphere Pano button is AMAZING! I was getting 4 sphere panos per battery. Glad you like the photos. Cheers.
Corey B
2017-11-8
Use props
TangoOscarNovem
lvl.1
Australia

These are awesome, Thanks for sharing. Just wish there was a way I could do this on my Mac without forking out money for third party apps.
One a side note though, I haven’t been able to figure out how to export the tiny planet from the DJI Go4 app either .
2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First class 360 panos!
2017-11-8
Use props
SunSetss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Pretty Cool....  Wish I could do that...
2017-11-8
Use props
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

Best 360s I have seen! WELL DONE! WOW
2017-11-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome!!!
Hmm.. something new to fiddle with!!!
2017-11-8
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job, you have a good handle on this technique.
2017-11-10
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You've almost got it! However, I will take my hat off the moment you'll be able to capture/mimic/photoshop proper lighting and this blue-ish atmosphere cocoon in respect to sun position and visual laws of space. For now I'm entertained enough, you may stop manufacturing these spikey balls ...
2017-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work!
2017-11-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Here's the new tutorial. Since the new Sphere Pano mode was added capturing the pictures are a breeze. This video is mostly focused on MS Ice and Photoshop. I know Grace wanted an updated video since the new DJI Update was pushed out, so here you go. Thanks for your support. ;)

2017-11-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-10 18:17
You've almost got it! However, I will take my hat off the moment you'll be able to capture/mimic/photoshop proper lighting and this blue-ish atmosphere cocoon in respect to sun position and visual laws of space. For now I'm entertained enough, you may stop manufacturing these spikey balls  ...

Do you mean I should light it like it's an actual planet? Sunshine on one side and darkness on the other. That's not a bad idea. I could capture one in light and one in dark from the same exact location, then merge the day and night picture. As for the bluish atmosphere, that's just the sky that I captured. Very little sky has been simulated/manufactured. What do you suggest? Some lens flares or what?
2017-11-11
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-11 18:47
Do you mean I should light it like it's an actual planet? Sunshine on one side and darkness on the other. That's not a bad idea. I could capture one in light and one in dark from the same exact location, then merge the day and night picture. As for the bluish atmosphere, that's just the sky that I captured. Very little sky has been simulated/manufactured. What do you suggest? Some lens flares or what?

I don't know what you should do, because my expectations does not have to be in sync with yours. I know, however, what will impress me really: a tiny planet with one side dark and another illuminated by sun, a planet with way, way less caricatural features, a planet with oceans, forests and mountains. Finally a planet with a layer of atmosphere, suspended in black space with stars in the background.
2017-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-12 00:17
I don't know what you should do, because my expectations does not have to be in sync with yours. I know, however, what will impress me really: a tiny planet with one side dark and another illuminated by sun, a planet with way, way less caricatural features, a planet with oceans, forests and mountains. Finally a planet with a layer of atmosphere, suspended in black space with stars in the background.

yeah... I think that would be above 400 ft. But thanks anyway. You should email these guys.
https://www.nasa.gov/
2017-11-12
Use props
CDMSystemsLLC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1766572 ft
United States

Those pics are epic!  Nice job!  Love em.
2017-11-12
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-11 13:09
Here's the new tutorial. Since the new Sphere Pano mode was added capturing the pictures are a breeze. This video is mostly focused on MS Ice and Photoshop. I know Grace wanted an updated video since the new DJI Update was pushed out, so here you go. Thanks for your support. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQAMTMpKCs&feature=youtu.be

Great tutorial and images. Thanks for sharing
2017-11-12
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-12 00:51
yeah... I think that would be above 400 ft. But thanks anyway. You should email these guys.

Such project will be definitely much more challenging, no doubt. You'll have to maintain the same position of drone during day and night photo sessions, but maximum allowed altitude should be enough to get properly balanced scale of objects deformation. Creating this artificial atmosphere cocoon will require some Photoshop tricks with masking layers etc. Whatever ...
2017-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-12 14:08
Such project will be definitely much more challenging, no doubt. You'll have to maintain the same position of drone during day and night photo sessions, but maximum allowed altitude should be enough to get properly balanced scale of objects deformation. Creating this artificial atmosphere cocoon will require some Photoshop tricks with masking layers etc. Whatever ...
[view_image]

Nice photo. Who's the artist?
2017-11-12
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

nicely done bro

any app for mac user?
2017-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ali86 Posted at 2017-11-12 18:40
nicely done bro

any app for mac user?

This app has a free trial and supports photo stitching and tiny planet mode. For MAC
https://www.ptgui.com/
2017-11-12
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-12 15:21
Nice photo. Who's the artist?

Who's The Artist? Pardon my skepticism, but what kind of artistry is involved in this software generated image? Perhaps the object itself, that's all. It's definitely fun to create such absurdity with few mouse clicks, but I'll hardly call it art ...
2017-11-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-13 00:31
Who's The Artist? Pardon my skepticism, but what kind of artistry is involved in this software generated image? Perhaps the object itself, that's all. It's definitely fun to create such absurdity with few mouse clicks, but I'll hardly call it art ...

Sorry... who captured the image?
2017-11-13
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Great shots..
2017-11-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Thats actually it:

To find and to see the location, the subject in it!

I actually find it inspiring

Thanks!
2017-11-13
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-13 01:29
Sorry... who captured the image?

No idea, the image popped up after google-ing "360 panorama" or something like that. I've used this as an example of well choosen scenery and camera position to achieve "tiny planet" effect. Still, the image doesn't reflects properties of planet, suspended in cosmic space. It's suspended in a white box and illuminated by ambient light instead. That's why I'm still not convinced, but that's my problem ...
2017-11-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-11-13 11:42
No idea, the image popped up after google-ing "360 panorama" or something like that. I've used this as an example of well choosen scenery and camera position to achieve "tiny planet" effect. Still, the image doesn't represents properties of actual planet, suspended in cosmic space. It's suspended in a white box and illuminated by ambient light instead. That's why I'm still not convinced, but that's my problem ...

I think it's a GREAT picture. But I think there's a lot of image manipulation going on. I'd love to know who the artist is so I can pick their brain and see what techniques they use to get these results. Just my opinion though.
2017-11-13
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

wow awesome work
2017-11-17
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just LOVE the "what is art" discussion.  What's even better is the 'who gets to decide what is and isn't art' conversation. Wars have been started over less complicated topics.

As the actual definition states;

"the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects."

I'd say that the creation of a tiny planet image could certainly be referred to as 'art.' Of course, it greatly depends on the viewer, but that's always subjective - isn't it?

Just my 2 cents.   :-)
2017-11-17
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-11-17 12:43
I just LOVE the "what is art" discussion.  What's even better is the 'who gets to decide what is and isn't art' conversation. Wars have been started over less complicated topics.

As the actual definition states;

Nicely said. As I mentioned, however, artistic input of tiny planets creators is limited to positioning the camera above targeted landscapes. The procedure no different from taking a burst of images, good or bad, average or fascinating. With the advance of drones technology (Spark in this case) the entire series of necessary images is taken automatically with the push of a button. No creative pain involved here. Few mouse clicks later in computer environment, boom ... another ridiculous, hairy ball is made. How many these balls you would manufacture before it'll became totally boring?

But that's not the point. My skepticism is based on rather mediocre results of this computer generated imagery. Let's go back to the beginning of this entertaining discussion: create an truly fantastic tiny planet with proper sun shadowing (night and day sides), surrounded by a layer of atmosphere and suspended in deep black space with stars. This indeed will require creativeness, skills and time, but I may call it ART and eventually take my hat off ...
2017-11-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Post!  Thank you for sharing....I'm just starting to play around with this new feature in the DJI Spark (just uploaded the new firmware).    Downloaded MS Ice and already have Photoshop.  Worked great!! Thank you again.....

Great Pictures by the way!!  
2017-11-18
Use props
fans79a9d393
lvl.1
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2017-11-12 00:51

So then going above 400' is taboo but flying over populated area is not? Please clarify regs.
2017-11-18
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Did you have any interference issues, whilst shooting in the city ?
2017-11-21
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Cool effect and very nice shots, I can't wait to try this out, but I don't know how to do it in the DJI GO4 app, some says they do the spheres in the GO4 app.
2017-11-21
Use props
martin wu
New

Hong Kong

great!
2017-11-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules