Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant Firmware Update using WiFi - Switch Off Mavic Radios?
1911 7 2017-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nosaari
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124747 ft
Japan

This seems so obvious to me I feel stupid to even ask: Why are the radios of the Mavic enabled during a firmware update?Everytime I try to update my Mavic using my Macbook and the Assistant software it is a hit and miss. Downloading regularily fails and is very slow as the powerful radios of the Mavic kill my WiFi connection. Of course no way to preload the firmware or at least resume, always restarts at 0% ... And with the current Assistant version the Mavic needs to be connected and cannot even be switched off during the download, sitting next to the computer like a happy WiFi jammer.
And finally the update does not even fix long known issues like the broken .RAW format. Very frustrating experience.

Guess for the next firmware upgrade I will need to buy a very long USB cable and some tinfoil...

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you update your drone successfully? Please ensure that your PC have a solid Internet or change another computer and see if it works.This problem will be forwarded to our engineers for check. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-11-9
Use props
MDSH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

I always switch my WiFi to 5G when I'm updating my Mavic/RC firmware. It seems that the Mavic is siting there transmitting and trampling over the 2.4G WiFi but 5G WiFi seems just fine.
2017-11-11
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Is there a way to download the FW and install it offline.....I think this will solve most of the frustrations of upgrading.
Any DJI Mods.......can anyone comment on this?
2017-11-11
Use props
nosaari
lvl.1
Japan

MDSH Posted at 2017-11-11 04:29
I always switch my WiFi to 5G when I'm updating my Mavic/RC firmware. It seems that the Mavic is siting there transmitting and trampling over the 2.4G WiFi but 5G WiFi seems just fine.

If you have the hardware thats a good workaround
2017-11-15
Use props
nosaari
lvl.1
Japan

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-11-11 04:34
Is there a way to download the FW and install it offline.....I think this will solve most of the frustrations of upgrading.
Any DJI Mods.......can anyone comment on this?

A few assistant versions ago you could switch off the mavic during the download and switch it on after it has fully downloaded the update. Unfortunately now this breaks the upgrade process and restarts it at 0%.
2017-11-15
Use props
nosaari
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-9 01:49
Did you update your drone successfully? Please ensure that your PC have a solid wifi or change another computer and see if it works.This problem will be forwarded to our engineers for check. Thanks for your feedback.

It updated after many tries and after I put the computer and the mavic as far apart as possible. The computer was sitting right next to the router, it was very obvious that the mavic was drowning the WiFi signals. After I switched it of my WiFi came back immediately.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

nosaari Posted at 2017-11-15 21:14
It updated after many tries and after I put the computer and the mavic as far apart as possible. The computer was sitting right next to the router, it was very obvious that the mavic was drowning the WiFi signals. After I switched it of my WiFi came back immediately.

Thanks for your update. This situation was reflected. Hope it can be solved in the future.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules