Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to load maps in P4p+ display and compass issue
737 7 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf1fcbe4d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

I have just bought a P4Pplus. I am still  trying to  get a map in the display on the APP. I am connected to the Internet, I  get to  a page which invites me to Download and Update but nothing  happens when I click on these.

A further issue: I  am unable to re-calibrate the compass as the APP does not seem to  think it is necessary. THe rada display always gives the aircraft's heading as about 135 degrees away from reality. How can I get this resolved please? I have update the Firmware and it tells me it has the latest so, any  ideas please?
Thanks
2017-11-8
Use props
dewein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

The missing maps is an issue that's been going on for months now.  You'll find lots of threads explaining how to get them to appear while you are connected to wifi but once you are out flying, they won't be there.  Until this issue is fixed, my work around is to use my mobile phone as a hotspot and connect to it for wifi access.  Hang in there.  You'll learn that fixes come slowly but there's usually a work around until a permanent fix comes along.
I'll leave compass help for someone else.  I'v not had any trouble recalibrating mine.
2017-11-8
Use props
fansf1fcbe4d
lvl.3
United Kingdom

WEll, I seem to have the maps now, just the compass issue please!
2017-11-8
Use props
fansf1fcbe4d
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dewein Posted at 2017-11-8 04:55
The missing maps is an issue that's been going on for months now.  You'll find lots of threads explaining how to get them to appear while you are connected to wifi but once you are out flying, they won't be there.  Until this issue is fixed, my work around is to use my mobile phone as a hotspot and connect to it for wifi access.  Hang in there.  You'll learn that fixes come slowly but there's usually a work around until a permanent fix comes along.
I'll leave compass help for someone else.  I'v not had any trouble recalibrating mine.

THanks for  that. I  managed to get the download option to  work and I have a rudimentary map  which helps, for how long though I  am not sure!
2017-11-8
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Heading on the Arrow icon in the Radar display differs from the a...

I have mentioned this issue in another post, but it may have gone unnoticed as it was a secondary query. I apologise therefore for  raising it again.

I have just bought a P4P +  the built in display works fine and I believe I have the latest Firmaware. I noted on my first and only flight so far, the heading arrow in the radar display differs at times, considerably to the aircrafts heading.

I assumed this was a compass issue -  the fact the DGI GO4 App does not encourage the frequent compass recalibrations available in earlier models. However, the ability to  recalibrate the compass for this issue is not available to  me -  the readout says 'Normal' irrespective of the machine having been down south of the Border and I am in Scotland.

So, how can I get the heading arrow to  agree with the aircraft please? I find this very useful in recovering the aircraft if it is some distance away and its orientation is not obvious. Achieving orientation by virtue of what the camera is seeing is not always the easiest or most expeditious method.

Is there something else which needs recalibrating?  I have never experienced this  before with my P3 Pro.

Thanks
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2017-11-8 12:05
I have mentioned this issue in another post, but it may have gone unnoticed as it was a secondary query. I apologise therefore for  raising it again.

I have just bought a P4P +  the built in display works fine and I believe I have the latest Firmaware. I noted on my first and only flight so far, the heading arrow in the radar display differs at times, considerably to the aircrafts heading.

You can take the RC of P4P+ to draw a figure like 8 in the air, then check whether the arrows matched or not.
2017-11-9
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-9 00:23
You can take the RC of P4P+ to draw a figure like 8 in the air, then check whether the arrows matched or not.

Thanks Susan,
I flew again today and it seems to have settled down to where it should be but I shall  monitor .
Thanks for  your input
Graham
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2017-11-9 07:13
Thanks Susan,
I flew again today and it seems to have settled down to where it should be but I shall  monitor .
Thanks for  your input

You are welcome. Should there is any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules