Wow. Really
1324 22 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought a phantom 4 pro. My first drone. I have flown it maybe ten times and considering the amount they cost and my inexperience, I have treated it with kid gloves.

It started to develop an imtermittent error where the gimble would not calibrate straight away on startup. It would go through its range of motion two or three times before settling. I dismissed it as a none issue as it always sorted itself out by the time I walked back to it. This got progressively worse. The problem was still intermittent but when there was a problem it was taking longer to settle into its default place so I decided to send it back for a check.

It has taken a while but I have finally got the response

no warranty unit the gimbal jhas some whet stains on it treat as water damage internal: looks like coffee

This is absurd. The drone hasn't been near any water bodies. As for the internals, I don't even drink coffee. I appreciate they mean a coffee like substance but I just can't even begin to understand how it would happen or what it could be. The drone is transported in the polystyrene case it comes in to and from where I have flown it and it and considering it's size and location I just don't see how anyting could have been spilled onto it. Do the internals have any kind of lubrication? could it be that?

Not only that. I feel I great deal on Amazon managing to pick my p4pro up for £1306 but DJI want £705 to repair. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? heard of this kind of problem before? Can water damage be intermittent? does a replacement gimble really cost 50% of the drone?

I am simply not prepared to pay this price. What happens next? will it simply be snet back to me and do I now have to pay shipping costs?

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Paul, that must have been frustrating for you, I am sorry to hear about your case. Could you please provide me with the case number so I can help to check more info about your case? Sorry again for this.
2017-11-8
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look. The case number is CAS-1114026-G8R1N6

Thanks
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-11-8 08:25
Hi,

Thanks for taking a look. The case number is CAS-1114026-G8R1N6

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry for the inconvenience we caused. This has been forwarded to the local team for further investigation. I'll keep follow up for you and update the status here. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2017-11-8
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-8 19:53
Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry for the inconvenience we caused. This has been forwarded to the local team for further investigation. I'll keep follow up for you and update the status here. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

Thank you

Paul
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paul, I just got the update from local team, the further damage assessment confirmed that the gimbal has been disassembled, therefore the warranty will be voided according to DJI's policy. I'll attach the pictures of damage assessment for your reference. We have resend the email, please kindly check. If there is any further questions, please come back to us, we'll be here for help. CAS-1114026-G8R1N6-1.jpeg
CAS-1114026-G8R1N6-2.jpeg
CAS-1114026-G8R1N6-3.jpeg
CAS-1114026-G8R1N6-4.jpeg
2017-11-9
Use props
Djiyukang
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing .............
2017-11-9
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you. I have since contacted the supplier as the drone was sold a new product. The evidence here seems that it has undergone repairs and poor ones at that. They have agreed to provide me with a refund.

Thanks again.
2017-11-10
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-11-10 11:44
Thank you. I have since contacted the supplier as the drone was sold a new product. The evidence here seems that it has undergone repairs and poor ones at that. They have agreed to provide me with a refund.

Thanks again.

Glad it all worked out............did they sell it to you as a new unit?
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-11-10 11:44

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update, we are pleased to know all worked out, hope you will get the refund soon.
2017-11-11
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tmygun Posted at 2017-11-11 07:33
Glad it all worked out............did they sell it to you as a new unit?

It was sold as new yes.
2017-11-16
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is beyond parody now. I requested it be returned on the 13th November so I can continue to process a refund from the place I purchased it from. Heard nothing for 9 days. When chased I immediately got a tracking number. It would appear it was forgotten about. When they did return it they did not include the gimbal clamps I sent it with. Both. the plastic cover that fixes over the gimbal and feet and the sponge one that protects the back of the gimbal that connects to the drone body. I chased this up and had to wait 3 days for a reply (granted, It was Friday afternoon) Over that weekend I realised that the gimbal cover was missing. When the engineer inspected it they haven't put it back together properly. This is the picture from before I sent it back. This is what was returned. I have spoken to a few people in support. Provided photos. Explained what I am missing several times and was even requested to send pictures again, which I did. I heard nothing further and then reieved a parcel this morning containing 1 of the 3 three things missing. The plastic one one that clips to the feet. I am still missing the sponge one that fits in the back of the gimbal AND the gimbal cover that I assume the engineer removes to perform their inspection. Am I expected to reassemble my own drone now after your engineer has disassembled it? This is appalling.

It seems clear to me that I was sold a refurbed product as new which has nothing to do with DJI. It was your inspection that alerted me to this and for that I am grateful. However, since returning it to you, you  have left it lying around and forgotten to ship it back to me until I prompted you 9 days later. Sent back and incomplete product. Not returned the two protective clamps I sent to ensure the delicate parts do not get damaged in transit and still appear to have no idea what my problem is despite several emails and photos explaining this.

I would like to get a refund for my drone. I cannot do this unless I return a complete product. Could someone please try to understand my problem and remedy this.

2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-11-30 03:33
This is beyond parody now. I requested it be returned on the 13th November so I can continue to process a refund from the place I purchased it from. Heard nothing for 9 days. When chased I immediately got a tracking number. It would appear it was forgotten about. When they did return it they did not include the gimbal clamps I sent it with. Both. the plastic cover that fixes over the gimbal and feet and the sponge one that protects the back of the gimbal that connects to the drone body. I chased this up and had to wait 3 days for a reply (granted, It was Friday afternoon) Over that weekend I realised that the gimbal cover was missing. When the engineer inspected it they haven't put it back together properly.[view_image] This is the picture from before I sent it back. [view_image] This is what was returned. I have spoken to a few people in support. Provided photos. Explained what I am missing several times and was even requested to send pictures again, which I did. I heard nothing further and then reieved a parcel this morning containing 1 of the 3 three things missing. The plastic one one that clips to the feet. I am still missing the sponge one that fits in the back of the gimbal AND the gimbal cover that I assume the engineer removes to perform their inspection. Am I expected to reassemble my own drone now after your engineer has disassembled it? This is appalling.

It seems clear to me that I was sold a refurbed product as new which has nothing to do with DJI. It was your inspection that alerted me to this and for that I am grateful. However, since returning it to you, you  have left it lying around and forgotten to ship it back to me until I prompted you 9 days later. Sent back and incomplete product. Not returned the two protective clamps I sent to ensure the delicate parts do not get damaged in transit and still appear to have no idea what my problem is despite several emails and photos explaining this.

Sorry again for your case, so is this happening when you received the drone back from DJI? I will forward your case to the local team to check, and will have someone to contact you soon. Sincerely apologize for your trouble.
2017-11-30
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 20:07
Sorry again for your case, so is this happening when you received the drone back from DJI? I will forward your case to the local team to check, and will have someone to contact you soon. Sincerely apologize for your trouble.

I sent the drone to be assessed with both gimbal clamps attached. It was returned with neither. Also whilst being assessed I assume the drone needed to be disassembled. When it was put back together the cover for the base of the gimbal was not put back as shown in the photos and so that is missing too.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-12-1 01:21
I sent the drone to be assessed with both gimbal clamps attached. It was returned with neither. Also whilst being assessed I assume the drone needed to be disassembled. When it was put back together the cover for the base of the gimbal was not put back as shown in the photos and so that is missing too.

Paul, we have double checked with the local team, the missing parts has been shipped and you will receive it soon. Again, we sincerely apologize for all inconvenience.
2017-12-1
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you Susan, I have received the package today and it is still missing the part your engineers removed. I don't know how better to do this. I have described the problem several times both here and via email. I have supplied photos. I have resupplied photos this time highlighting the missing parts in red. This is still getting ignored. This has been over a month now and you are seriously jeopardising my ability to get a refund for this product.

How better can I explain it?

Here is a picture of what was sent to you. I have highlighted the part to take note of in a red box.

This is what I recieved back. I have highlighted the missing part in red.

Your engineer removed this to inspect it. They never replaced it. You have sent me 3 separate packages assuring me that you are returning what is missing. How better can I explain this? I need this part. I am happy to fit it back myself despite it probably not being a serviceable. The thought of returning the drone to you to fix this, a problem that you have created, it out of the question. Could you just please return the missing part and let me get my refund. IF there is any uncertainty then please use my details to contact me.  
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-12-6 09:08
Thank you Susan, I have received the package today and it is still missing the part your engineers removed. I don't know how better to do this. I have described the problem several times both here and via email. I have supplied photos. I have resupplied photos this time highlighting the missing parts in red. This is still getting ignored. This has been over a month now and you are seriously jeopardising my ability to get a refund for this product.

How better can I explain it?

Sir, we apologize again for the experience with our customer service, may I have the picture of what the local repair team has sent to you? Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello, Sir, thanks for the update.
I have confirmed with local team, we apologize this particular part was missed before, and the team has shipped out again according to our supervisor, he should have replied your email.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-8
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-8 00:10
Hello, Sir, thanks for the update.
I have confirmed with local team, we apologize this particular part was missed before, and the team has shipped out again according to our supervisor, he should have replied your email.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please confirm what exactly is being sent?
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-12-8 03:22
Could you please confirm what exactly is being sent?

Hi sir, we will help to confirm. But it might need a little time coz it is on weekend now. Thank you for your kindness.
2017-12-8
Use props
psullivan0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 20:40
Hi sir, we will help to confirm. But it might need a little time coz it is on weekend now. Thank you for your kindness.

Nope. No confirmation. Parcel is on its way. Lets hope for a 4th time lucky eh.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

psullivan0 Posted at 2017-12-12 01:54
Nope. No confirmation. Parcel is on its way. Lets hope for a 4th time lucky eh.

Sorry, I had forward the requirement to the relevant team to help to confirm but the package was sent. But we have forwarded your picture to them to confirm many times. Hope you will receive the right part.
2017-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules