Video of wildfire area in Fountain Grove
882 6 2017-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Video I made of a friend's mother's house (and neighborhood) destroyed by the N. California wildfires in October 2017.  The camera could have been smoother, but my original intention wasn't to publish anything.  At the end you can see destroyed homes filling the view.  So much loss.

2017-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So destructive but goes to show that drone footage isn't just about capturing beautiful sunsets. Thanks for sharing.
2017-11-8
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-8 11:39
So destructive but goes to show that drone footage isn't just about capturing beautiful sunsets. Thanks for sharing.

The company I work for (my day job) may be helping with recovery, including using UAVs to perform property assessments and surveys.  Certainly on the "industrial" side of UAV use.
2017-11-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing.
2017-11-8
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

Here's a photo of the house prior to the fire, courtesy of Google Street View:

House prior to fire.

House prior to fire.
2017-11-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Living just a 2 hour drive south of this area, images like these have been all over our daily news.  The terrible thing is the total destruction that you saw.  Just about nothing but ash left of burned homes.  Also, some homes looking untouched in the middle of the fire area.  I suspect those that survived had fireproof roofs.  Really tragic for us here in California.
2017-11-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Tragic for all of us nationwide.  The fires, and tornados are going to cost us dearly for generations.  A friend of mine also lost everything up north of town.
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules