Props uneven- left side props higher?
2052 11 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

A few weeks ago I was flying and it seemed like the Phantom was tilted to one side when hovering. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me but today when I installed my new prop guards it looks like both props on the left side are about .25 inch higher than the right side. I'm assuming this isn't normal. I can't really figure out what caused this, it's strange that both on one side are raised up higher. The shell was replaced by DJI back in January, maybe something wasn't installed correctly? It's been flying ok, maybe a little unstable.
IMG_3799.jpg
IMG_3800.jpg
2015-4-10
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

any thoughts?
2015-4-10
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Hard to tell from the photo because the phantom looks tilted, also are the prop lined up evenly....tip to tip.. They don't appear to be.
2015-4-10
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

check to see if the motors are seated right.
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Cayers,
This could be a classic case of "prop-off"!...JK!!

Seriously, these shells are injection-molded by the 10's of 1,000's i am sure, could be an ever so slight differentiation from one to another (but should not be if QC is on the ball) and as long as it is only aesthetic not a big deal but if it has altered flying characteristics then you should contact DJI...who knows, maybe a shim or something under the other side motor not there, no clue here but i would only be concerned if it was acting up or had been since you received it back...
2015-4-10
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-11 12:10
Cayers,
This could be a classic case of "prop-off"!...JK!!

it has seemed a little off in flight but I was thinking it was all in my head, especially when it looked like it was tilted while flying. when it's up above eye level it looks like the left side is raised up slightly higher (while flying). that's what the strange thing is too, both the front and back on the left side seem about the same +/- quarter inch higher than the right side.
2015-4-11
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-11 11:08
Hard to tell from the photo because the phantom looks tilted, also are the prop lined up evenly....t ...

it's hard to tell in the photo but they're tip to tip and the Phantom is flat on a table. guess I'll have to call DJI on Monday.
2015-4-11
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

cayers13@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-11 21:07
it's hard to tell in the photo but they're tip to tip and the Phantom is flat on a table. guess I' ...

If you have the quad on a level surface, take a ruler or other flat edge and place it across the tops of two of the blades and check with level.  That will tell you for sure if one side is higher than the other and how much.

2015-4-11
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

I think it might be the props or the threads on the motor. I placed the Phantom upside down on the table with the props off and everything seems level, no tilting. I tried another set of props on the left side and the front one at least appeared level with the right side.
IMG_3816.jpg
2015-4-11
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I noticed a few weeks ago i have one prop like that. It is my right rear prop when aligning up with the left rear prop but when aligning both the rear props with the left and right front props they are even. Also both left and right front props align even together. I have no flight isues and even took off the top shell to verify the motors were mounted even. I also use a bubble level on the motors to verify they are all level. Because I have no flight issue i forgot about it until i read this post.
2015-4-11
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

I just noticed the exact same on my P2 Ver. 3.  If I rotate all props 90 deg. They are level from front to back. Just different from side to side.
2015-6-7
Use props
michael.tessito
lvl.1

United States

Wow, I thought I was the only one! My props are the EXACT same way! I've studied the alignment and came up empty. Evidently it is yet another DJI "boner".
I have the P2 Vision + V3 and it flys fine so I'm going to leave it alone. I've snugged up the 4 motor screws (not too tight) with no change. Like someone else here said its
probably the molded plastic is a bit off.
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules