Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Watching Movies and Playing Games on the DJI Goggles
12Next >
45371 67 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey guys, Dji Grace here! The weekend is coming! Read this guide to help make your weekends exciting! The following guide originates from our  BUYING GUIDE
Watching Movies and Playing Games on the DJI Goggles

So you bought a pair of DJI Goggles for the integrated FPV experience of pairing them with your favorite DJI drone. But when droning is not an option — say it’s raining or too dark to fly — you’ve got an amazing VR headset sitting at home doing nothing. That is until you realize that they’re perfect for watching movies or playing video games!
Despite being one of the very best drone accessories around, we know you’ll get a lot of home use out of them as well. Here are the different ways in which the DJI Goggles are set to transform your home life for new cinematic and immersive game playing experiences.

Why You Need to Watch Movies in VR
It’s probably commonplace now – intentionally or not – that we have movies on in the background. We’re just too busy surfing, texting, monitoring, refreshing. As a consequence, we’ve abandoned the larger screen in the room we used to call “the TV room.” We now gather around the digital hearth of the small screens that live in our palms and pockets. And unless we make a concerted effort to sit down to watch a film, we’re likely to be distracted and have to start over anyway.
However, VR goggle users have discovered the amazingly immersive experience of watching movies and playing games are on a head-mounted display (HMD). It’s like traveling back through time to when you were little. Oh, how massive the cinema screen used to be, how it amazed you with the powerful sounds and bright pictures in the cool comfort of a darkened room. Well, this is almost the same. No distractions. Just a virtual home theatre that makes you feel like you’re sitting 3 meters from an 18-inch screen.

Setting up the DJI Goggles for Home Use

The DJI Goggles have built-in dual 1080p screens, a headphone jack, onboard speakers, and an HDMI Type-D port. It takes roughly four hours for a single charge, but a six hour battery life is plenty to burn through half a season of your favorite TV show in HD on a single charge.
So how do you go about setting up your DJI Goggles to watch your beloved movies and TV shows? Well, it’s easy, but it varies according to your device.
Connecting your DJI Goggles to an iPad, iPhone, iOS device or Mac, you’ll first need an Apple Lightning to HDMI Adaptor. Plug in the adapter, and you’re ready to go. It even has a Lightning Pass-Thru so you can charge your iOS device during that movie marathon while using it.
Connecting to your MacBook or iMac computer couldn’t be easier! You don’t even need an adaptor. Just use the dedicated HDMI ports on the laptop or computer. As soon as you plug in, the Goggles should begin to mirror the screen. We recommend that you have an HDMI cord that supports micro-HDMI (Type-D). One bit of advice here, you’ll want a cable that is of high-quality, yes, but long enough to give you enough freedom of movement while you binge watch. If you’re still unsure, go for six feet minimum HDMI cable length.

Games Consoles

For our home setup, we usually run a PlayStation 4 gaming console into a flat screen LG HDTV via a regular HDMI cable (as expected). Now, you can use the feed from the console to the TV’s HDMI Out port feeding the signal back into the Goggles, or you can just run the HDMI signal out from the PS4 directly into the Goggles instead. We much prefer this method, but then, of course, the whole thing depends on your console set up.

But the tricky thing is that the headband weighs approximately 1 lb, which on paper sounds light but after an hour or so of use sitting up in a chair might start to feel a little heavy. For best results, our solution is to set up your games console on your bedside table and just lie down on your bed to play. This way you’ll be comfortable gaming away until the battery dies.

Audio Output
We’ve already mentioned that the DJI Goggles come with a pair of onboard speakers built into the sides of the headband, and while they are convenient and usable, they do lean towards the lower end of amplification quality-wise. You can circumnavigate this by using the headphone out port that sits right beside the HDMI IN port on the Goggles’ left side. We highly recommend using a pair of noise-reducing earbuds for an even better immersive cinematic or gaming experience.
One last thing, when you binge watch or play anything, it’s good to take small breaks so that you lessen the impact of coming back to reality afterward!

2017-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one again!
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

and see you again!You always get my sofa!
2017-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-9 04:05
and see you again!You always get my sofa!

Just how I like it!
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

did you participate the Black Friday Contest?
2017-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-9 04:10
did you participate the Black Friday Contest?

Not yet.
I don't have so much footage created with a DJI device yet.
Although I did shoot some nice footage for a music video (in Dutch ) from my band with my Osmo Mobile.
Not in B&W and also edited a lot. (so no original footage, as is required).

I will make a edit with different music, hope to find some time this week!
2017-11-9
Use props
thumpa69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102126 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have down loader the new firewall on my spark But still haven't the latest panoramic new photo When you can take fish eye photos Can you help
2017-11-9
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Nice one! It’s great that it can serve multiple purposes.Thanks for sharing this info with us.  Unfortunately did not have a chance to try it out yet.
2017-11-9
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Grace has been killing it with Great content and advice! Awesome Posts!! keep em coming!!
2017-11-9
Use props
fansb55e3c03
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3151388 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I agree with all of this except you said “it’s like sitting 3 metres from an 18 inch screen”...?
Maybe 18 foot screen?
I have the goggles and have been using them to watch former drone videos as I wait patiently for my MPP to arrive.  
2017-11-9
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

It's compatible with the PS4?! As in I can use this as a substitute to the PlayStation Goggles? If so, then I just might consider getting this one instead; a PlayStation goggle which I can also use with my Phantom 4.
2017-11-9
Use props
Zepis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344984 ft
Portugal

it isn't as simple as you wrote. I have DJI Goggles and it doesn't seem to add anything when compared to our 4K SAMSUNG tv. On the other hand the HDMI cable provided is too short so if you want to connect to the console output without taking it away, you need to sit very close to XBOX (in our case). But the Goggles are great! Top quality as usual with DJI Products
2017-11-10
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

Zepis Posted at 2017-11-10 09:23
it isn't as simple as you wrote. I have DJI Goggles and it doesn't seem to add anything when compared to our 4K SAMSUNG tv. On the other hand the HDMI cable provided is too short so if you want to connect to the console output without taking it away, you need to sit very close to XBOX (in our case). But the Goggles are great! Top quality as usual with DJI Products

Can't we use a longer HDMI cable besides the one that came with the DJI goggles?

Also, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make; you comparing the goggles' 1080 resolution with a 4K TV's 2160p? 'Coz that's besides the point I was inquiring about as to whether or not I can use the DJI goggles to play VR games on my PS4 console -- and not simply to project the image from the TV directly to the goggles.

Anyhow, I appreciate the information you provided.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-9 04:19
Not yet.
I don't have so much footage created with a DJI device yet.
Although I did shoot some nice footage for a music video (in Dutch  ) from my band with my Osmo Mobile.

you have a band!! Soooo COOL!!!
maybe you can share here how to choose  awesome music for the videos, I will see it at first time!!!
And your videos sooooo great!
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2017-11-9 12:39
DJI Grace has been killing it with Great content and advice! Awesome Posts!! keep em coming!!

thank you soooo much for noting this!
I will move on
2017-11-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tried mine with my PS4 Pro and found it difficult to play with. Especially on Call of Duty. I found them too heavy and they steam up far too easy.
2017-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-10 23:43
you have a band!! Soooo COOL!!!
maybe you can share here how to choose  awesome music for the videos, I will see it at first time!!!
And your videos sooooo great!

Thanks.
Yes, we have been a band for about 15 years now. Very nice!
I usually create my own music for background music using Reason 5.0.
Being inspired by what I have in mind.
Nothing too spectacular, but a a lot of fun to do
2017-11-11
Use props
djiuser_bhK3pnQ
New

Georgia

Awesome VR device, I confirm, I could play Space Maze Android game on my mobile and it had great quality with Googgles
2017-11-11
Use props
9krpm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46847 ft
Australia

Is there any simulation software for the DJI goggles and the DJI controller?
2017-11-12
Use props
dave72
lvl.1
Canada

Do the DJI goggles support 3d yet (SBS...etc)?
2017-11-12
Use props
djiuser_IUbj4lU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295925 ft
United States

Wow cool stuff I'm really  considering getting the DJI goggles now.
IMG_0589.JPG
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-11 04:36
Thanks.
Yes, we have been a band for about 15 years now. Very nice!
I usually create my own music for background music using Reason 5.0.

share some with us if you like. Look forward!
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_IUbj4lU Posted at 2017-11-12 09:30
Wow cool stuff I'm really  considering getting the DJI goggles now.

The pic is nice! I really suggest you take part in our Black Friday Contest!
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-11-11 00:46
I tried mine with my PS4 Pro and found it difficult to play with. Especially on Call of Duty. I found them too heavy and they steam up far too easy.

ohhh, so sorry about the bad experience.
Could you just provide some detail here, like where confuse you and cause you feel difficult to operate ?
Your experience matters sooo much to us.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

9krpm Posted at 2017-11-12 03:27
Is there any simulation software for the DJI goggles and the DJI controller?

Sorry, there is no simulation software for DJI Goggles and DJI controller for now.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dave72 Posted at 2017-11-12 08:07
Do the DJI goggles support 3d yet (SBS...etc)?

Currently, DJI Goggles do not support 3D.
2017-11-12
Use props
Raider_4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295925 ft
United States

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-12 17:59
The pic is nice! I really suggest you take part in our Black Friday Contest!

Thank you I just need to shoot in Black /white to enter Right?
2017-11-13
Use props
9krpm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46847 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-12 18:25
Sorry, there is no simulation software for DJI Goggles and DJI controller for now.

Thanks DJI Susan
Hopefully there will be something in the future.  The hardware is already there for heaps of great interactive potential.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Raider_4 Posted at 2017-11-13 08:29
Thank you I just need to shoot in Black /white to enter Right?

Yes, you got that!
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

9krpm Posted at 2017-11-13 16:28
Thanks DJI Susan
Hopefully there will be something in the future.  The hardware is already there for heaps of great interactive potential.

Thanks for your suggestion. Hopefully the engineers will consider this in the future.
2017-11-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-12 18:01
ohhh, so sorry about the bad experience.
Could you just provide some detail here, like where confuse you and cause you feel difficult to operate ?
Your experience matters sooo much to us.

Pretty much what I stated already. The goggles are too heavy and if that wasn't an issue the fact they steam up is. I also find that the perception of the screen is too close to my sight. I can't quickly glance across the whole spectrum.

2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-11-19 13:42
Pretty much what I stated already. The goggles are too heavy and if that wasn't an issue the fact they steam up is. I also find that the perception of the screen is too close to my sight. I can't quickly glance across the whole spectrum.

If the screen is too close when you use the HDMI input, you can use the screen zoom function, see if you will feel more comfortable when the screen gets smaller. And for the weight issue, it is the design of it, but I will forward the feedback to our engineers. Thank you for bringing us the attention.
2017-11-19
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Hi DJI Susan,

I've been using my DJI Goggles RE as an Entertainment viewing option, and have enjoyed it immensely.  I do have one question though, how do you turn off the On-Screen Display of the battery status and the Screen Resolution (1080P)?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 2017-12-28 15:02
Hi DJI Susan,

I've been using my DJI Goggles RE as an Entertainment viewing option, and have enjoyed it immensely.  I do have one question though, how do you turn off the On-Screen Display of the battery status and the Screen Resolution (1080P)?

Hi James, I've replied you in your own post, slide down the touch panel with two fingers, and you'll see the full screen option.
2017-12-28
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-28 18:53
Hi James, I've replied you in your own post, slide down the touch panel with two fingers, and you'll see the full screen option.

Hi DJI Susan,

Thanks for your feedback.  I've attempted to do as you've instructed, but when I'm in HDMI mode, and I swipe down with two fingers, I get a sub-menu of Brightness, Volume, Video Scale & Exit.

I have previously seen the "Fullscreen" mode, but I'm only able to access that while being connected to a DJI Drone.

Do you have any other suggestions which maybe able to assist me?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

James.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 2017-12-28 20:00
Hi DJI Susan,

Thanks for your feedback.  I've attempted to do as you've instructed, but when I'm in HDMI mode, and I swipe down with two fingers, I get a sub-menu of Brightness, Volume, Video Scale & Exit.

Do you refer the battery icon and resolution on the right upper corner? If yes, I'm afraid that they can not be get rid of the screen currently. I've reported to our engineers, hopefully they will consider and add the option in the future.
2017-12-29
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-29 01:01
Do you refer the battery icon and resolution on the right upper corner? If yes, I'm afraid that they can not be get rid of the screen currently. I've reported to our engineers, hopefully they will consider and add the option in the future.

Yes, this is what I'm referring to.  It'd be great if these icons can be removed from the screen in HDMI mode (or least give the user an option to turn them off.)

My other suggestions, in HDMI mode, would be to turn off the battery indicator lights which are on the side of the Goggles, and maybe only display them when the power button is depressed for a short period of time.  My partner complains about the battery indicator lights shining from the side of the goggles while she's trying to sleep, and I'm watching a movie.  ;-)

If you could forward these suggestions to your engineers, it would be greatly appreciated.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 2017-12-29 15:37
Yes, this is what I'm referring to.  It'd be great if these icons can be removed from the screen in HDMI mode (or least give the user an option to turn them off.)

My other suggestions, in HDMI mode, would be to turn off the battery indicator lights which are on the side of the Goggles, and maybe only display them when the power button is depressed for a short period of time.  My partner complains about the battery indicator lights shining from the side of the goggles while she's trying to sleep, and I'm watching a movie.  ;-)

Well received. Thanks for your precious suggestions. I'll forward to the engineers for review.
2018-1-1
Use props
sosatjax
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can I watch movies from mkv files with external or internal subtitles with Goggles RE from sd card?
2018-1-13
Use props
Sinful Sin 13
New
Flight distance : 103484 ft
Mexico

my goggles were working fine to play my xbox and watch movies, all of the sudden i have a sign that says HDMI disconected, i ahve tried diferent cables, nothing is working help please?
2018-1-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules