1269 9 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Spain

hi.

i urgently need help since on a picture shooting mission away from home.

p4p controller doesn‘t seem to get charged anymore.

when i connect it to the charger, the left of the 4 white LEDs flashes irregularly, meaning short, long or long short or 3xshort or ... no pattern is detectable. as soon as i disconnect the charger and switch on the controller, the controller’s audio alert for low battery starts.

i kept the controller connected to the charger for some hours. no change.

the charger is not connected to a drone battery pack at the same time it charges the controller (also not recommended by dji).

the charger properly charges the drone battery packs.

short term solution - i need to get this controller up and working within 24 hours.

long term solution - the white LEDs were since day 1 after purchase showing strange patterns, but the battery was always full after 1-2 hours of charging.

what can i do?
what‘s wrong?

2017-11-9
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Spain

meanwhile i read quite a lot about this controller battery issue.
i didn‘t read about any solution though !?
i have firmware 01.04.01.00.
i believe this is the latest version !?

finally, is the problem software or hardware related?
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For your case, please try to refresh the RC's firmware and then try to charge it, if it doesn't help, please send it in for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-11-12
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Luxembourg

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-12 19:16
For your case, please try to refresh the RC's firmware and then try to charge it, if it doesn't help, please send it in for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

How do I "refresh" the RC's firmware?
The latest is already on!
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

geohei Posted at 2017-11-13 09:22
How do I "refresh" the RC's firmware?
The latest is already on!

If it is an RC without the built-in screen, please connect it with DJI GO 4, don't enter to the transmission interface, press the upper right icon and hold it for about 9 seconds, then you can refresh.
If it is within a built-in screen, please download the firmware on the web, refresh it via an SD card.
2017-11-15
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Luxembourg

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 01:48
If it is an RC without the built-in screen, please connect it with DJI GO 4, don't enter to the transmission interface, press the upper right icon and hold it for about 9 seconds, then you can refresh.
If it is within a built-in screen, please download the firmware on the web, refresh it via an SD card.

Wow wow wow ... great.
You are right, this works!
Is this published anywhere?
2017-11-23
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Luxembourg

I bought the P4P at amazon.de little less than 1 year ago. I reported the rpoblem however to DJI, received an UPS shipping label and returned the drone free of charge. Today, UPS returned the RC. It's a new one. First tests revealed all is fine. The battery is charging. Will do more extensive tests tomorrow.  All looks good so far.

Bottom line ... all in all it took 1 week. 0 fees, 0 charge.

Great !!!

I guess the RC was faulty right from the beginning on.
No details were given by DJI when RC was returned.
They just returned a brand new RC.
2017-11-23
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 01:48

Hi Thor, Sorry to but in,
I have just followed your info for the P4P +  RC FW Update and it worked perfectly.
Thank you, nice to know someone who knows.
bye
davawt
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

geohei Posted at 2017-11-23 02:21
Wow wow wow ... great.
You are right, this works!
Is this published anywhere?

Good to hear, please test more and see if everything is now working properly.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

davawt Posted at 2017-11-23 10:01
Hi Thor, Sorry to but in,
I have just followed your info for the P4P +  RC FW Update and it worked perfectly.
Thank you, nice to know someone who knows.

Hi davawt, thank you for your update, that is so nice to hear. If others also have the same problem, this is a way to try. Have a nice day.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules