Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go4 flight records sync problem
11169 174 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

maxheadroom Posted at 2018-1-18 10:54
I currently have and fly my spark and the Mavic. The Phantom 3 Pro was sold last year before I got the Mavic. I will try and do a sync again this evening and supply some feedback.

Many thanks Thor

Thank you very much for the cooperation, looking forward to your feedback.
2018-1-22
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1055341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 00:47
Thank you very much for the cooperation, looking forward to your feedback.

Hi Thor, did a few tests over the weekend with the syncing. Here is the feedback.

- syncing of all 129 flights is now work perfect
- when I page to my mavic page of the flight records I see total flights of 39. When I swipe up to flight list I am only seeing 5 flights. It looks like it does not file the flights for my mavic under that list. But they are under total flights profile.
Here is a video about what is happening.

Hope this makes sense.

Max
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

maxheadroom Posted at 2018-1-22 00:54
Hi Thor, did a few tests over the weekend with the syncing. Here is the feedback.

- syncing of all 129 flights is now work perfect

Thank you very much for your feedback, I think I still need our engineers to check, so, please kindly wait patiently. Appreciate it.
2018-1-26
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-26 04:27
Thank you very much for your feedback, I think I still need our engineers to check, so, please kindly wait patiently. Appreciate it.

No problem. If you need more information please let me know.

Regards
Max
2018-1-26
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Thor, want to check with you if you had some luck with my account and the sync problems shown in the video. I have downloaded the latest version of the App yesterday on my iphone and did the sync again. Still the same problem. My Mavic's logs are not being listed under its profile.

2018-2-12
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Any feedback concerning this annoying issue ???? Since yesterday I have sync problems also !!!
2018-2-12
Use props
NEY BARROS
New
Flight distance : 933655 ft
Brazil

Same problem. Using iphone x and 7+.
Reachs 94% and fail message.
Some advise?
2018-2-13
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Same problem for me on iOS : Reachs 90 % and fail message,NO problem on Android !
Thank you.

2018-2-13
Use props
w4pbk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem for me using iPhone X. Fails at about 95%.  Works fine on my ipad though  
2018-2-13
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

This morning everything is working properly!

Thank you DJI!
2018-2-14
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Thor, just to let you know and you can please go ahead and close this topic as my sycning is now working as it should. The logs are cleared up and my synced logs stay under my Mavic pro.

Thank you for the help and thank you for the team that sorted it out.

Max
2018-2-20
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

maxheadroom Posted at 2017-11-10 12:26
Mine has not been working for more than a month now. Its like one flight is not completing the sync. Hope they can help me out.

It happened to me. I had to delete all the cache and after that it sync.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

maxheadroom Posted at 2018-2-20 08:48
Hi Thor, just to let you know and you can please go ahead and close this topic as my sycning is now working as it should. The logs are cleared up and my synced logs stay under my Mavic pro.

Thank you for the help and thank you for the team that sorted it out.

Hi Max, We are glad that everything is OK now. It's a pleasure assisting you. Happy flying.
2018-2-20
Use props
chrisman71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634672 ft

United States

please fix my sync error been over a month
2018-9-18
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine started the other day. Two events took place. DJIGO4 was updated and apple updated to IOS 12
2018-9-19
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did see them doing an update to the app. Did you install the latest iOS Go4 app?

I am on v4.3.2 (3207)

Hope they can sort it out.

Max
2018-9-20
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

maxheadroom Posted at 2018-9-20 10:11
I did see them doing an update to the app. Did you install the latest iOS Go4 app?

I am on v4.3.2 (3207)

I updated both the Go4 app and the IOS to 12 and did the sych without issue
2018-9-21
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

No way, last DJI Go4, iOS 12, iPhone 6+, sync crash at 95%
Any idea?!?! Tku.
2018-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it says the same (DJI GO 4) but... it DOES sync... also when synchronising ALL records... the DJI GO app works flawlessly. I synced DJI Phantom 4 Pro AND DJI Mavic Air (waiting for the Mavic 2 Pro) records...
2018-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Javey Posted at 2017-11-9 20:17
Mine was having troubles 2 days ago and I ended up going as far as deleting the app and all flight records (luckily it looks like it was just one flight that wouldn't sync).  When I reinstalled the app, it still didn't work.  Then, later in the day it started syncing when I connected to a different wifi.  Today it failed on me once, but the second time it worked.  Is DJI having trouble with it's servers?

that does happen at times, that they upgrade their servers and do have problems...
2018-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans68a6c18f Posted at 2017-11-13 12:37
Same problem here on both apps, DJI GO and DJI GO4 on iPad mini and iPhone 7. All the latest versions.

as I sync my flights using DJI GO 4 app (iOS) on both my two iPads (including the one I do not fly with) AND my iPhone (I do not use that to fly either) I noticed that all flights were synchronised BUT that it stated that there was a problem... but as I just said... I got all flights I ever made on my iPads and iPhone.

I also do that with the former DJI GO app and that works well too...

at least... this morning

TC
2018-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 01:57
Hi all, I had forwarded this situation to our engineers to check, btw, please also add the app's version info. I'll come back again once I get the news from them. Thank you for your feedback and appreciate your patience.

you could know this happens as I reported this already more than half a year ago as well... then it worked very well until a week or 2-3 ago....
2018-9-22
Use props
Ibr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502011 ft
Azerbaijan

Does anyone get the sync issue now?
2018-9-22
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Ibr Posted at 2018-9-22 12:59
Does anyone get the sync issue now?

I just took my new M2P out for its maiden flight, and whilst it was flawless, and I do mean FLAWLESS (phew), the log of the flight refuses to sync in my GO 4 (4.3.2) app, running on iOS 12 with an iPhone X.

I've never had an issue syncing logs before, so this is a first for me...

Looking at the posts here, seems uninstalling and re-installing don't solve the problem, so I'm going to skip this troubleshooting step so I don't lose any of my flight logs from local device storage...

DJI, what's going on with your servers? It goes to 80% really fast when syncing all records, then stalls, then rips thru the rest and gets to 99%, and momentarily flashes 100% before showing "Sync Failed. Retry"...
2018-9-22
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-22 13:46
I just took my new M2P out for its maiden flight, and whilst it was flawless, and I do mean FLAWLESS (phew), the log of the flight refuses to sync in my GO 4 (4.3.2) app, running on iOS 12 with an iPhone X.

I've never had an issue syncing logs before, so this is a first for me...

Well I spoke too soon.  Also using GO4 all updated and iOS v12 and logs sync'd fine from iPad mini 2 but get failure for the sync of the few flights I have taken with the iPhone 8Plus
2018-9-22
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Drone34 Posted at 2018-9-22 15:13
Well I spoke too soon.  Also using GO4 all updated and iOS v12 and logs sync'd fine from iPad mini 2 but get failure for the sync of the few flights I have taken with the iPhone 8Plus

Heads up...

As I use AirData on my DJI account, I checked to see if it synced, and behold, the sync actually completed! All data there, including all registrations for my new M2P!

Seems it’s an issue with GO 4, again!

2018-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I noticed this AM that in the (original) DJI GO in the "Sync your Flight Records" the words "1 month" - "6 months" - "All" are BLUE but the words "1 month" - "6 months" are GREY in the DJI GO 4 app...
After synchronizing it says "Sync failed. Retry" but it does sync... and all "clouds" are white...  
2018-9-22
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just checked mine and I have the 1month, 6 months and All active. I did a sync of the 1 month as I did some flights in the week and mine also Fails now. I am also on iOS12 on my iPhone X.

1 Month = fail
6 Months = fail
All = fail

I have restarted the phone and quit and reopened the app, no luck. Looks like the problem is back.

Max

2018-9-23
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Spain

Well, I have 2 iPhone for my MP, a 6 and 6+, both updated with iOS12 and last DJI Go4 App. I have checked that, as CanonMax says, it does sync, all flights data are in Airdata UAV, but today I tried something and it seems that the problem is from the device you flight with. First flight with iPhone 6, error syncing but when syncing the 6+, 100% complete, no error message.
After this I change, second flight with 6+, then time to sync, and error!!!, and now both devices report error. (yesterday I have uninstalled DJI Go4 app and reinstall it on both devices, and perform a complete sync. without issues.) It seems that something is not changing the flag of the flight record when uploading and all the flights get stuck.
2018-9-23
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope its something server side as its been a problem before and they sorted it out on there side.

Max
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, if you are using the iOS device with iOS 12, there may be a compatibility issue with iOS 12 for the DJI GO 4 V4.3.2 if the app was updated by App Store directly, which may cause the failed syncing warning.
In this case, please sync the record as normal, after seeing the error message saying the syncing is failed, you can check if the flights are all readable, especially the new flights that you want to sync. If they are readable normally, the syncing is successful. You can reinstall the DJI GO 4 app after the syncing is finished, then the issue will be resolved.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2018-9-22 10:16
you could know this happens as I reported this already more than half a year ago as well... then it worked very well until a week or 2-3 ago....

Hi CanonMax, you may refer to my reply below. Thanks.
2018-9-23
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Eric SCHEIDECKER Posted at 2018-9-23 02:24
Well, I have 2 iPhone for my MP, a 6 and 6+, both updated with iOS12 and last DJI Go4 App. I have checked that, as CanonMax says, it does sync, all flights data are in Airdata UAV, but today I tried something and it seems that the problem is from the device you flight with. First flight with iPhone 6, error syncing but when syncing the 6+, 100% complete, no error message.
After this I change, second flight with 6+, then time to sync, and error!!!, and now both devices report error. (yesterday I have uninstalled DJI Go4 app and reinstall it on both devices, and perform a complete sync. without issues.) It seems that something is not changing the flag of the flight record when uploading and all the flights get stuck.

I sync on the latest iPad 10.5 (this is the one I use to fly with), the latest 12.9 iPad and an iPhone 8. All these devices run iOS 12 and on all three the latest version of both DJI GO (as I use that for my DJI OSMO PLUS) and the DJI GO 4 (for flying the drones) is installed. I own a DJI Phantom 4 PRO and a DJI Mavic Air.
My internet speed could be called fast (230Mbps) and STABLE.

TC,

(Canon)Max

@ DJI THOR: as I already said... it says it FAILED Synchronizing... but it DOES SYNC all flights...

oh... what I still do not like is, that the Flight Record from the FLIGHT LIST in DJI GO 4 app always starts in STANDARD mode... I always have to change that to HYBRID... In the past the DJI GO 4 app memorized my setting, but since a few version is does not do that anymore.
The DJI GO app, however, DOES memorize my setting...or it always starts in HYBRID....   
2018-9-23
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-23 03:41
Hi all, if you are using the iOS device with iOS 12, there may be a compatibility issue with iOS 12 for the DJI GO 4 V4.3.2 if the app was updated by App Store directly, which may cause the failed syncing warning.
In this case, please sync the record as normal, after seeing the error message saying the syncing is failed, you can check if the flights are all readable, especially the new flights that you want to sync. If they are readable normally, the syncing is successful. You can reinstall the DJI GO 4 app after the syncing is finished, then the issue will be resolved.

Hi Thor, as I told in my post, issue is present after reinstall, so the issue is not resolved.
(All cache clear before uninstall, I have also perform a clean install, after a factory reset of the iPhone)
2018-9-23
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi CanonMax, you may refer to my reply below. Thanks.

@ DJI Thor...

After CHECKING a lot of my latest flights I DELETED the DJI GO 4 app from one of my iPads to test...
I re-installed the app and logged in into my account... after synchronization of ALL files... there was NO problem. I got them all back...

Grazie-Thanks-Danke-Merci.

(Canon)Max

How nice would it be if the DJI GO 4 app memorizes the setting (I prefer HYBRID but I have to re-select this every time...) when replaying a flight from the flight list... (like it still does in the DJI GO app...) !!
2018-9-23
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

CanonMax Posted at 2018-9-23 07:32
@ DJI Thor...

After CHECKING a lot of my latest flights I DELETED the DJI GO 4 app from one of my iPads to test...

So I attempted a full uninstall / reinstall on my iPad Pro 10.5 first to see what would happen there; I use both my iPhone and iPad to fly my drones...

I first purged all app cache and then deleted flight logs, signed out of my account in the app, and deleted it.

Then re-installed from App Store, logged back in, and synced all my flight logs, this time it worked! No error, and all my data showed up.

So I then proceeded to repeat these steps on my iPhone X, and same, everything is fixed now.

Really a pain in the arse for people who may not be so tech inclined or brave to take these steps DJI, this should've been checked for before the release of GO 4 4.3.2 and iOS 12, god knows you had more than 10 iOS beta's to test with!!
2018-9-23
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Even though it says failed, ITS STILL UPDATING SUCCESSFULLY,
I just double checked on by updating my second device that I didn’t update in ages.
It’s all working good.
It’s just a software glitch with the end wording this time

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-23
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

@ DJI Thor...

After CHECKING a lot of my latest flights I DELETED the DJI GO 4 app from one of my iPads to test...

So scratch my last post with claimed success...

Went out for another quick flight in between downpours, and on the first flight after re-installing the app, and attempting to sync, BOOM, Syncing failed again! But, AirData continues to receive the data, so it looks like either a bug in GO 4 latest version (wouldn't surprise me), or something on the DJI cloud servers (also wouldn't surprise me)...

DJI, please fix this!
2018-9-23
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you for the feedback Thor.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

@ DJI Thor...

After CHECKING a lot of my latest flights I DELETED the DJI GO 4 app from one of my iPads to test...

Thanks for the update. For the Hybrid mode you mentioned, I will forward to the engineers to notice it. Thanks.
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules