22409 44 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimmyBob80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223012 ft
Australia

Hi,
I took my phantom 4 out today & noticed the gimbal was unresponsive?

I still had a video feed but I wasn't able to control the gimbal at all & it just faced down & it worked fine the last time I flew it & I had packed it away nice & correctly in the bag when finished & it hasn't crashed or anything so I don't know why/what is causing this issue.

I tried recalibrating the gimbal but it continously came up "failed"

2017-11-9
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166896 ft
Philippines

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY P4P. I am stuck at 6% calibration and then it fails. The cam is pointed down and to the side. Is this a firmware issue?
2017-11-9
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Even after restart of the aircraft?
2017-11-9
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Philippines

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-9 09:43
Even after restart of the aircraft?

Yes, have tried almost everything: refresh firmware, restart, gimbal calibration, vision sensor calibration. No luck
2017-11-9
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Philippines

VINCELEDESMA Posted at 2017-11-9 17:48
Yes, have tried almost everything: refresh firmware, restart, gimbal calibration, vision sensor calibration. No luck

I saw this on youtube...it's worth the try, but I can't find any way to downgrade.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VINCELEDESMA Posted at 2017-11-9 17:50
I saw this on youtube...it's worth the try, but I can't find any way to downgrade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGagNsXSSxI&t=6s

Received your message in PM, thanks! I'm sorry to tell you that the P4P does not support to downgrade to the previous firmware. You can refresh the current 01.04.0602, or update to the beta 01.04.0608. Now the beta is available in our account, please have a try if you'd like.
2017-11-10
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-10 03:02
Received your message in PM, thanks! I'm sorry to tell you that the P4P does not support to downgrade to the previous firmware. You can refresh the current 01.04.0602, or update to the beta 01.04.0608. Now the beta is available in our account, please have a try if you'd like.

Hello Susan!
thank you for your assistance. I am looking at another downgrade, please check this video

because it EXPLAINS MY ISSUE PERFECTLY. I need to downgrade to THIS Nov. 3, 2016 version BEFORE I UPGRADE BACK TO THE PRESENT FW. Can you help me get this downgrade so I can see if it will work for me too? The ribbon cable has been replaced and although I have not tried the beta yet, I need to know if there is anything this Nov. 3, 2016 firmware v01.01.0203 has that will fix the issue. I work with my drone, taking photos everyday and I feed a family of 7 people. Please assist me and then perhaps we can have the DJI engineers look into the program algorithm of that FW and see why and how it fixes the issue.
2017-11-10
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi Susan

I tried to downgrade but the firmware did not fix my problem. I have the 1.01.0518 and the .0608. both did not fix my aircraft gimbal problem. I believe it was the 1.01.0203 that was used in the video. some news, however, is that the gimbal roll motor started to move with the .0518 firmware. Previously the roll motor did not move, but still the camera is loosely pointing downwards after startup. Please allow me to downgrade to 1.01,0203 before I go upgrade back to 01.04.0604 or the .0608 eta. Thank you
2017-11-10
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Philippines

VINCELEDESMA Posted at 2017-11-10 21:39
Hi Susan

I tried to downgrade but the firmware did not fix my problem. I have the 1.01.0518 and the .0608. both did not fix my aircraft gimbal problem. I believe it was the 1.01.0203 that was used in the video. some news, however, is that the gimbal roll motor started to move with the .0518 firmware. Previously the roll motor did not move, but still the camera is loosely pointing downwards after startup. Please allow me to downgrade to 1.01,0203 before I go upgrade back to 01.04.0604 or the .0608 eta. Thank you

because the roll motor and the pitch motor both work on startup, I know that there is no power problem in the ribbon cable to either roll or pitch motor. It still remains to be seen how W V01.01.0203 fixed the problem in the youtube video.
2017-11-10
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

All motors work at startup
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VINCELEDESMA Posted at 2017-11-10 21:41
because the roll motor and the pitch motor both work on startup, I know that there is no power problem in the ribbon cable to either roll or pitch motor. It still remains to be seen how W V01.01.0203 fixed the problem in the youtube video.

Thanks for clarification. Just as I mentioned before, DJI Assistant 2 is only available to refresh the current 01.04.0602, or update to the beta 01.04.0608. We do not support to downgrade. If the latest beta firmware can not help you, please consider to send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-13
Use props
VINCELEDESMA
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI won't allow us to downgrade the firmware, when OBVIOUSLY THIS PROBLEM IS NOW BECOMING PREVALENT IN THE PHANTOM 4 PRO. More and more people are coming up with this problem...THE P4P CAMERA POINTING DOWN AND NO WAY TO REPAIR THE PROBLEM. We are currently speaking to our barristers and hoping to do a class lawsuit. If anyone on the forum wishes to join in, please send me a PM.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VINCELEDESMA Posted at 2017-12-4 00:32
DJI won't allow us to downgrade the firmware, when OBVIOUSLY THIS PROBLEM IS NOW BECOMING PREVALENT IN THE PHANTOM 4 PRO. More and more people are coming up with this problem...THE P4P CAMERA POINTING DOWN AND NO WAY TO REPAIR THE PROBLEM. We are currently speaking to our barristers and hoping to do a class lawsuit. If anyone on the forum wishes to join in, please send me a PM.

Sincerely sorry of this. As I mentioned, please send it in for fully diagnosis and repair. Alternatively, you can also ask the dealer report the issue in dealer system, our colleagues will take care of it.
2017-12-4
Use props
suaspic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3110 ft
United States

same here. i used assistant software to check  my P4A+. firmware. according to software I am golden yet  an am still having issues.
2017-12-5
Use props
Jimnycricket
New
Flight distance : 141844 ft
United Kingdom

Did anyone get a resolution to this gimbal issue? Mine has exactly the same issue and I’ve tried all the things suggested with no resolution? Anyone???
2018-5-16
Use props
Jimnycricket
New
Flight distance : 141844 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-4 19:05
Sincerely sorry of this. As I mentioned, please send it in for fully diagnosis and repair. Alternatively, you can also ask the dealer report the issue in dealer system, our colleagues will take care of it.

Hi Susan

Tried all the suggested fixes from forums but can’t seem to resolve the ‘limp’ gimbal issue - works fine on start up then just hangs facing down - no crashes or other issues just stopped working - can you assist?
2018-5-16
Use props
fansc0922961
New
Flight distance : 656716 ft
United States

I am having the same issue now, I have tried everything. At startup it looks up, then straight down and gets stuck straight down. This all happened after firmware upgrade. Now firmware update fails at 56% every time and aircraft restarts. Can't put new firmware on the AC.

This is with P4P+

I am not in a position to send in to DJI because I am an American living in Italy and the only address I have is a FPO address that DJI won't accept for return etc.
2018-8-23
Use props
fantom4
lvl.1

I had same problem    I connected my drone to my Mac  then used DJI assistant to downgrade firmware. That was problem. Works fine now   ,don’t forget to open firewall for DJI assistant or won’t load firmware. It was a week long journey   Thank you forums
2018-8-23
Use props
KMSND
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue. The last time I used my P4P+ it worked great. Now I have no control over the gimbal with the RC. I've downgraded, upgraded, restored factory defaults, calibrated, formatted SD card, anything I have found online to try fix the issue and nothing is working. I've spent more time troubleshooting this thing than I have actually flying it
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

I to have this issue with my P4. I just power down and back up a time or 2 and it will start working. If the gimbal is hot le it sit for 30 mins or so and try it again and make sure the FW has been either updated or at least refreshed. With my experience. I'm by far any kind of expert but have been dealing with the limp gimbal thing for a while now ! Good luck !
2018-8-30
Use props
Adventurenosara
New
Flight distance : 26391 ft
Costa Rica

I have this same issue, I live in Costa Rica and cannot simply send it into DJI has anyone found a fix for this problemi?

P4p turns on, gimbal faces up, then down then goes limp.
2018-11-7
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Don't just reformat the SD card and put it back in.  Take out the SD card, then turn off everything.  Leave the card OUT and start up the phantom and the controller and your device.  See if that fixes the "disconnected" issue.  It did for me.  Everything worked after I did this, so it absolutely has to be the DJI software trashing the card during a firmware update.  Either get a new card or do a total secure reformat of the card on a computer - the Phantom cannot do the full reformat - it just does a quick format leaves whatever bad stuff is causing the problem on the card.
2018-11-16
Use props
springzz
lvl.1
Saint Lucia

i am still having this problem. Gimbal starts up and points down, does a dance if you try to mess with it manually. I have done it without SD, Reformat SD full and Quick, upgraded, downgraded, rinse and repeat, re-calibrate IMU. Upgrade batteries.
I doubt its hardware issues because sometimes it behaved better than others. A couple times it started up like it was perfect. then back bad again on a reboot.

I am not in the US  (or China) so i would prefer not to send it for repair. Any other suggestions???
2018-11-30
Use props
Simag
New

Chile

Hola, Soy de Chile y tengo el mismo problema del video, el gimbal desde que enciendo el Phantom 4 pro, esta todo el tiempo haciendo lo mismo, se mueve hacia abajo y hacia arriba.
He hecho de todo para reparalo, pero nada hace efecto.
Alguien ha conseguido repararlo?
Saludos
2018-12-17
Use props
fans2dd65336
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675098 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Jimnycricket Posted at 2018-5-16 13:12
Hi Susan

Tried all the suggested fixes from forums but can’t seem to resolve the ‘limp’ gimbal issue - works fine on start up then just hangs facing down - no crashes or other issues just stopped working - can you assist?

Hi!.. I know this is old but did you find a solution to this problem? I have it now grrr lol

Thanks in advance
Mike
2019-4-19
Use props
markhamcp
New
Flight distance : 98629 ft
United States

I have a P4P+ that performed perfectly before the firmware update.  Now the gimbal wanders like a drunk every time I turn the aircraft during flight.  It takes at least 30 seconds for the gimbal to settle back to horizontal.  This is a big pain when I'm trying to do a sequence of panoramic landscape shots from a fixed point  in flight.  And for videos, the gimbal's wild gyrations would make a viewer airsick!  All DJI "Support" does is make flimsy excuses and say "Sorry about that".  Well, a good aircraft with crappy firmware means crappy product performance.  Add to that crappy customer support, and the solution becomes obvious: NEVER BUY ANOTHER CRAPPY DJI PRODUCT -- EVER!  Otherwise, welcome to the DJI  Expensive Doorstop Club.
2019-5-7
Use props
Chinook203
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112142 ft
United States

fans2dd65336 Posted at 4-19 01:58
Hi!.. I know this is old but did you find a solution to this problem? I have it now grrr lol

Thanks in advance

Mine did this for the first time yesterday. I did a flight, all fine.  Drove to another location....and...works at start up, then would just point down.  Shut down, restarted, same thing.  Then...I shut all down, removed the sd card, removed the battery, then put battery back in, started it up, then put the sd card back in, and flew fine.   No clue and it hasn't had any updates for a bit.  
2019-6-2
Use props
dmd56
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1050 ft

United States

It seems that this problem is happening more and more. My P4 is totally limp also. And it seems we're all taking the same paths. I just want to know how to fix this problem.
2019-7-25
Use props
djiuser_rU9fhf4dkGMr
New

i have phantom 4 drone which is giving me GIMBAL GYROSCOPE ERROR preview in mobile is perfect but  gimbal is not moving on command i had tried to change flex cable downgrade firmware but failed. Any one who help me to figure out the problem in it.... THANKS IN ADVANCE
2019-10-12
Use props
droningaroundtheworld
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7344777 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same problem here. 2.5 years with this drone, pilot level 36, and all of a sudden the gimbal hangs!!! When it starts, it moves all the way up and down, but it does not stay horizontal at the end, but hangs.

I installed the previous firmware version, then the one before, and nothing.

I removed the SD card, and nothing.

I hope I can find a reapir shop in Switzerland. It costs a fortune to ship it to The Netherlands or UK to repair.

Any suggestions anyone?
2020-1-24
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. El problema podría ser causado por el cable flex roto. Pruebe cambiando el cable flex, es lo más común según los si
2020-3-18
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. El problema podría ser difícil por el cable flex roto. Probar cambiando el cable flex, es lo más común según los síntomas que usted describe. Siempre hay que revisar todo en general ya que puede haber otros problemas. Si el problema persiste consúlteme y le asesoraré con gusto.  Saludos cordiales. Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
2020-3-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

"a good aircraft with crappy firmware means crappy product performance " ...... totally agreed
2020-3-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

No cable ribbon brocken , no camera motor fails , not even raw ,pitch or roll  , no camera fails in the app .....

2020-3-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

take a look at 0:50 .... strange Behavior when turn the drone itself (Roll) to do an orbit , horizon tilts ..big delay to get the correct position
2020-3-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

another user with same problem ...  

2020-3-18
Use props
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

Anybody ever fix this issue?
2020-8-14
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

Mdeblasi1991 Posted at 8-14 09:50
Anybody ever fix this issue?

Do you mean horizon tilts ?
2020-8-14
Use props
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

JetSam Posted at 8-14 10:04
Do you mean horizon tilts ?

Nah, the gimbal is just completely unresponsive, but  I have video feed. I’ve tried replacing the ribbon cable and speed controller,  but no luck. Guess I’ll play with the boards up top next.
2020-8-17
Use props
jasontschetter
New

United States

Is there any fix to this issue?  Exactly the same symptoms, just out of the blue.  Gimbal pans up/down on startup, is sending a video feed, but is totally unresponsive to pan tilt commands.  Factory reset, reflash the firmware (1.05), no difference.
2020-12-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules