CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179974 ft
United States

Current Versions:

IOS App:  4.1.17

Aircraft:  2.00.0106

Controller:  1.9.3

After updating to most recent firmware I have noticed less stable flight from my phantom.  However, the biggest issue I'm having is with the gimbal.  Ever since the update, the gimbal dial on the controller moves the camera left and right.

I downgraded to 1.6.0 RC firmware and the gimbal operates normally.  However, the connection is poor and the controller LED flashes red/green.    Take it back to 1.9.3 and everything is great... except the gimbal.  It goes back to side to side motion.

I tried to downgrade to 1.8.0, however, the installation goes quick showing 100% with no errors.   Upon reboot, the version is always the older version (not the 1.8.0).

Anybody have any problems like this?  Is there any way to correct other than wait for new firmware???????

2017-11-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Ramon proposes you request access to the .600 beta firmware.
That will fix the unstable flight, but the issues you described otherwise are something else. Regardless, you could PM to DJI Susan, Diana or Thor and request it - you never know...
Oh, and I suggest you install the beta with the craft cool (don't have it turned on for a while prior), and refresh the firmware again immediately after i.e. install it twice. Oddly, for me it makes a difference in the success of update.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, for your gimbal issue, please try to reset the gimbal settings. If it doesn't help, would you mind providing me a video? I will forward it to our engineers for checking.
And for the stability issue, you can leave me with your DJI email account, I will help to forward a beta for you to try.
2017-11-9
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-9 22:33
Hi, for your gimbal issue, please try to reset the gimbal settings. If it doesn't help, would you mind providing me a video? I will forward it to our engineers for checking.
And for the stability issue, you can leave me with your DJI email account, I will help to forward a beta for you to try.

I did reset the gimbal settings it didn't work.

My DJI Account is:  bdphillips@cableone.net

BP
2017-11-9
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

Here is a youtube link to a video demonstrating the issue:  

Please note when I roll the RC firmware back to 1.6.0, the gimbal wheel works exactly the way it should.  The connection between the aircraft and controller is poor and the controller led flashes red/green.  But I do have control of the aircraft and the gimbal moves properly when the wheel is turned.  When I upgrade back to RC Firmware 1.9.3, the gimbal moves side to side again.    The video linked is with the latest RC Firmware.
2017-11-10
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

Here is a youtube link to a video demonstrating the issue:  

Please note when I roll the RC firmware back to 1.6.0, the gimbal wheel works exactly the way it should.  The connection between the aircraft and controller is poor and the controller led flashes red/green.  But I do have control of the aircraft and the gimbal moves properly when the wheel is turned.  When I upgrade back to RC Firmware 1.9.3, the gimbal moves side to side again.    The video linked is with the latest RC Firmware.
2017-11-10
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2017-11-9 23:01
I did reset the gimbal settings it didn't work.

My DJI Account is:  

This video shows the gimbal operating perfectly when the RC Firmware is rolled back to 1.6.0.  Taking the RC Firmware back up to 1.9.3 starts the side to side movement when using the gimbal wheel.

2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2017-11-10 00:33
This video shows the gimbal operating perfectly when the RC Firmware is rolled back to 1.6.0.  Taking the RC Firmware back up to 1.9.3 starts the side to side movement when using the gimbal wheel.

https://youtu.be/vZHCrmpgeUY

Thanks, will forward to our engineers to see if we have a direct solution for you to try. And for the beta, it will be available soon when the engineers come back to work. Please wait patiently.
2017-11-11
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

With firmware 2.00.xx I think you should use RC firmware version 1.9.2 and above for compatibility with video link connection
2017-11-11
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-11 03:53
With firmware 2.00.xx I think you should use RC firmware version 1.9.2 and above for compatibility with video link connection

Yes, I think you are right.  There are definitely issues with lower RC versions.  However, I was trying to demonstrate that V1.9.3 causes problems with controlling my gimbal, but lower versions don't.  All signs point to an issue with the 1.9.3 firmware
2017-11-11
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2017-11-11 07:00
Yes, I think you are right.  There are definitely issues with lower RC versions.  However, I was trying to demonstrate that V1.9.3 causes problems with controlling my gimbal, but lower versions don't.  All signs point to an issue with the 1.9.3 firmware

I don't think it's issue, for new firmware versions (2.00.xx) there is new remote controller versions to use, not an old versions for firmware 1.xx.xx
2017-11-11
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-11 08:29
I don't think it's issue, for new firmware versions (2.00.xx) there is new remote controller versions to use, not an old versions for firmware 1.xx.xx

Correct.  But if you'll look at the first video, with the latest 2.00.xx firmware and 1.9.3 controller remote.  The gimbal moves side to side when turning the gimbal wheel.   Downgrading the controller to 1.6.0 does in fact cause connectivity/video link issues.  However, the gimbal operates up and down as it should.  When I go back to 1.9.3 firmware, everything works like it should, EXCEPT for the gimbal.  It goes back to side to side movement instead of up and down.  So for the specific issue of the gimbal moving side to side rather than up and down, I have to suspect the 1.9.3 firmware.
2017-11-11
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Try the beta when it come to you and give feedback after update. RC should be 1.9.3 when you try, I think this is optimal. Good luck !
2017-11-11
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

Any update regarding this issue?  Also, waiting on the beta firmware.

BP
2017-11-14
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Try switching from follow to fpv or vies versa, might be a temporary fix until next firmware update
2017-11-14
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!  
2017-11-15
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

I bet neither one of us are flying a week from Saturday  
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2017-11-14 17:12
Any update regarding this issue?  Also, waiting on the beta firmware.

BP

Our engineers are still working on it, haven't got the result. And the beta should be available to your account now. If you have accessed it, please provide me some feedback after testing it. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-15
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2017-11-15 19:16
I bet neither one of us are flying a week from Saturday

You got that right, its going to be a good one.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules