THE SHOW IT OFF THREAD!
3279 29 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genettico
lvl.3

United States

Ok... So our bird is not designed to be as portable as the P3, and there are some things we ought to have that P3 has.... Our bird is a head turner for sure....I really like mine and cannot wait to get updates that will bring new features and for DJI to work out issues!

I am gearing my bird for whenever I travel locally (driving) and for when I take it up on the plane across America and the World. I Just finished the Pelican cases... And wow..... Love it... I do not carry the table nor landing pad when I take it on the plane somewhere.

I thought I share my bird to INSPIRE others! I would love to see your setup.. Pics of your mods and graphics, how you carry it,what you have...We paid lots of money, it is an awesome platform... and people like us are the ones who truly appreciate the customization done to birds by others... and how these can sparks ideas...

so SHOW IT OFF!!..

I will start with my setup:

Genettico's Inspire Setup

2015-4-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Oh ...

... Oh

... Hjm

... Oh

... *grunting*
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

Yeah.... Everything in a good order...... How much for the Pelicans in order to put everything in such a good order????  My set up is the easiest and 0 cost.
2015-4-10
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

HOLY F! you have one serious setup...Endless credit card limit >lol<
2015-4-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Genettico,

Whats the gear in the case with the batteries ?
Have you made your own shades for iPad also ?
2015-4-11
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

delas Posted at 2015-4-11 14:41
Yeah.... Everything in a good order...... How much for the Pelicans in order to put everything in su ...

Not really about good order...though I have to admit it is a great perk!  The main thing is protection,and for me to not loose stuff while on a site.  I travel lots, so for me being able to have a place to stick each individual component means less likelihood I will loose something. I also did not want to show up to a place and have a bunch of plastic bags or soft back packs that do not really offer much protection.

If im traveling somewhere remote, I will not bring certain things ( like the extra monitor, extra battery packs, the Tx tray etc...landing pad..  And will limit the load to the bird on the hard black case if on plane or the soft case if on car..

For example the flysight monitor came in a carboard box, and lots of small parts, I was going places and just leaving it in the box and sticking it in a backpack.. On plane trips the cardboard box was taking a beating, and once on site it was not as "professional". I was also trying to stuff everything to the larger case to not have to carry more stuff but then it was all over the place while on site and I figured it is a matter of time before I loose something... Besides not everything fit in there.

The small Pelican was $75.00 and the larger one $120.00 i think it is a good investment. i can always use the Pelicans in the future for a myriad of othe purposes if need be.
What was yoir solution to carrying stuff? what do you carry? Do yoi fly airlines with it?
2015-4-11
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-11 18:10
Genettico,

Whats the gear in the case with the batteries ?

On the larger one:

on a "hidden" compartment at the back of it I have space for 2 full sets of propellers. On the 2 right small holes a wind meter and a infrared thermometer. The big compartment is a Secraft TX tray and Harness... And a brush..Behind that is the support for the secondary slave controller. (I put it on a Tripood with a long  lightning cable) ...to the right side in front I have bunch of miscellaneous cables...

And of course the batteries so I can take them on carry on with me while on airplanes.  

I bought the shades and modified them to allow the lightning cable to go thru them.  They are ok... they are easy to make... I think I will make some and see if someone is interested on buying!
2015-4-11
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

Lol... I think I get it... But what is HJM?
2015-4-11
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-4-11 14:44
HOLY F! you have one serious setup...Endless credit card limit >lol<

If I did I would have a fleets of  I1s, P3's and S1000's and an a truckload of camera equipment...including reds, ronins,  cranes!! Lol!! And a decent desktop to edit videos!

Nah... Im just OCD! Lol! Good thing I actually pay this stuff  on debit! I only charge to CC to get points and then  Pay it before the first installment is due! {:2_31:}If I dont have the money... I should not be buying it ( at least thats how I deal with it) I do have a job...but would love for this "hobby"  to be a main source of income in the near future.

My wife is just a jewel and she puts up with it!! Besides shes my camera operator!!
2015-4-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-4-11 21:22
If I did I would have a fleets of  I1s, P3's and S1000's and an a truckload of camera equipment... ...

So it is your wife then who should be receiving the credit for filming and shoots !!
2015-4-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-4-11 21:11
On the larger one:

on a "hidden" compartment at the back of it I have space for 2 full sets of p ...

Genettico,

If you are making the shades any chance you could do a tutorial on YouTube or somewhere. ?
2015-4-13
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-13 16:56
So it is your wife then who should be receiving the credit for filming and shoots !!

Lol.. Touché... If it was that simple... It is a well coordinated effort to get the shot...it is not a one band show.... Anyone using the 2 RCs will tell you that.. Sometimes I start a shot and she finishes it... (Like going straight this does not require her to touch controls and then I ask she aims the camera down for example) But neither she nor I would be able to "get the whole shot" sometimes (if it is a compound one) if "I don't fly it right" for the intended one, or if she does not "aim" the camera right to frame the subject as discussed... Ultimately... I can affect the shot with the flight.. But she does not  affect flight with cam.

I am the one who "directs" the shots, and the artistic intention, and she operates the cam to accomplish that...  So it is nor her, nor mine... It is Ours!
2015-4-13
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-13 16:57
Genettico,

If you are making the shades any chance you could do a tutorial on YouTube or somewher ...

Yup... No prob
2015-4-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-4-13 20:03
Lol.. Touché... If it was that simple... It is a well coordinated effort to get the shot...it is  ...

Genettico,

I wouldn't trust my wife with a second controller and she wouldn't want to have that responsibility.

I am happy that she acts as my Observer for the minute,  and she really has no interest anyway.

In the UK, if you were using your Observer as a camera operator, you wouldn't really be demonstrating a good operation and would probably be frowned upon by the CAA from a commercial view point, unless you had a third person as an Observer.  I believe this is mandatory in parts of Europe if using a camera operator or FPV for flying you must have a separate/additional Observer.
2015-4-13
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please please stop you are doing it again constantly posting  4 times in a row before you give anyone time to respond, if you have something to say please put it in the first post,,, you make reading your posts hard work
2015-4-13
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.2

United States

Genettico, where did you get the helipad?  Also how much?  I like that!
2015-4-13
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-14 03:34
Genettico,

I wouldn't trust my wife with a second controller and she wouldn't want to have that r ...

Wow... Interesting.. Not the case in the US as of now... We are not Required nor is proposed on current "suggested rules to follow"by FAA to have observers like your current CAA laws? there.. (is it a law for you there) My wife is not an observer, she controls the gimbal and that only...so she is mostly looking at the monitor...  I do the flying.... And do not fly FPV.

Lol... I do trust my wife... She is pretty good with controllling the gimbal... I would not trust her with flying the drone... For sure.., and she would not want that responsibility either!!

Out of curiosity... Why wouldnt you trust your wife with a second controller for the gimbal control?

By FAA's proposed rules,  you are to fly LOS and keep that visual contact with your drone at all times which I do... I do think having a third person to observe is a good idea for commercial purposes,and maybe even for recreational ones... This will allow for a person to just concentrate on flying, one to control the camera and one for observing and making sure there is no emminent danger to property (drone or other) and life. We will have to wait and see...
2015-4-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

genettico@hotma Posted at 2015-4-14 09:12
Wow... Interesting.. Not the case in the US as of now... We are not Required nor is proposed on cu ...

Genettico,

I don't think it is a legal requirement in the UK as such, but if there was an incident with you UAV and you didn't have an Observer you wouldn't have a good defence from a commercial view.  

If your Wife is using the second remote as a controller that is seen as a job in itself as you can't physically be controlling the camera and Observing.  In Europe and probably other areas,  a commercial operation requires a dedicated Observer.

May be I used wrong word regarding trusting my wife.  She just has no interest in learning how to control the camera ad doesn't want the responsibility.  Its hard enough getting her to do the Observer role so don't want to push my luck and I have no one else to act as Observer at the minute.
2015-4-16
Use props
zue350
lvl.1

Thailand

WOH!!!

Nice set up and tons of batteries....
2015-4-16
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

zue350@hotmail. Posted at 2015-4-16 21:58
WOH!!!

Nice set up and tons of batteries....

Thank you!!! The idea of this thread is for all of us to show off/share what we have... I would love to see what you guys have as well... Post pics.., videos, links!!! Lets see them!!
2015-4-16
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

www.roccitydesign.com/Custom-Log ... INSPIRE-1_p_33.html
My landing pad.
2015-4-16
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

gds3d@comporium Posted at 2015-4-17 02:30
www.roccitydesign.com/Custom-Logo-Theme-Decals-for-INSPIRE-1_p_33.html
My landing pad.

Very cool ... I do not see a Landing pad though... I see Decals!!
2015-4-16
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
United States

Here they are

Sorry- wrong link.

without lights

without lights

with lights

with lights
2015-4-16
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Very nice... Wow... Nice colors!thank you so much for sharing!  Really like the led strips.. Is this pad inspired from mine? They look like brothers!! I love it though!  Did you consider putting the proximity sensor like on mine? What do you use to power yours? How high are the feet?
2015-4-16
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-4-17 10:05
Very nice... Wow... Nice colors!thank you so much for sharing!  Really like the led strips.. Is th ...

This pad looks very much inspired by yours.
Also this one is a nice build, but i more like the square model. But thats me i guess.
Very nice too. I will post yours and the pad of gds3d on the DIY thread.  
2015-4-16
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
United States

Yes, completely Inspired by others!  No proximity just the lights and the power pack was with the kit.  I just hooked together and added a switch.   I like the larger pad when assembling before flying.  (2'x3')
Thad
2015-4-16
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

gds3d@comporium Posted at 2015-4-17 11:35
Yes, completely Inspired by others!  No proximity just the lights and the power pack was with the ki ...

Well.. Very nice.. This is what's all about... Sharing ideas to inspire!
2015-4-16
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

My Helipad
FullSizeRender.jpg
2015-4-16
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Another Pic
IMG_0810 2.jpg
2015-4-16
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Very cool.. What is it made of? i like it! How big is it?
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules