Temperature of mc is too high
3454 10 2015-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agrasso9
New

United States

I have not flown my new phantom yet and after some research was wanting to do an advanced calibration ( plus on one screen it indicated a calibration was needed). It is a phantom 2v+ with new remote with left "thumb wheel". After making sure firmware was up to date i proceded with calibration only to have this mesage show up. I have only had the phantom on for ten to fifteen mins and have not run motors. Also when aplication starts up a bar gets about 75% and then nothing but a button to skip.

mc temperature

mc temperature
2015-4-10
Use props
agrasso9
New

United States

Ok fixed after letting it sit for 5 mins it did the same thing until i reset the range extender.
2015-4-10
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

it does that even if it's 50 degrees F.  Just do it a second time and it will complete the cycle.
2015-4-10
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Why do we feel the need to calibrate the IMU when the software says we don't need to?

Why do we do an IMU calibration when we don't know what it does?
2015-4-10
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

Jamie Posted at 2015-4-11 09:36
Why do we feel the need to calibrate the IMU when the software says we don't need to?

Why do we do  ...

IMU cali resets the gyro and acceleration sensors in the craft.

When - After updating, after crashing, craft acting weird and I'm sure there are more.

Why - Flying with incorrect data stored in the sensors opens the possibility to cause a crash, craft to act weird etc. Many do it as a precaution, to reset any bad data that the system has.

And if the FC does not know that it has bad sensors, it wont let you know.
2015-4-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Exactly right.  I fly with the most updated numbers.
2015-4-11
Use props
agrasso9
New

United States

The software did state that it needed a cal. Im not sure if a basic cal would have sufficed but i have not flown my craft and am trying to take every precaution so that i have a safe and enjoyable flight.
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

agrasso9@me.com Posted at 2015-4-11 20:29
The software did state that it needed a cal. Im not sure if a basic cal would have sufficed but i ha ...

I have mine sitting on top of my computer, when I turn it on there, it always tells me I need an IMU update, but when I move it to my desk, the message disappears.  If you do get that message, make sure it's not setting close to any metal or magnets like speakers or something of that nature.
2015-4-11
Use props
agrasso9
New

United States

Thats a good thought. I had it on my kitchen table with my macbook which is all aluminum and my phone that puts out cancer causing waves over top of the dishwasher.
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

agrasso9@me.com Posted at 2015-4-11 21:17
Thats a good thought. I had it on my kitchen table with my macbook which is all aluminum and my phon ...

A level wooden table or desk is usually the best.
2015-4-11
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i will do the advanced calibration after any major event just ot be sure.
2015-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules