Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to use GS pro with N3 autopilot?
1980 9 2017-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans976aa675
New
Finland

Good morning!

I want to replace pixhawk with N3. My question is how to use planning software like GS pro with N3? Do I need datalink 3 for that? Problem with the datalink 3 is that it's not available in my country. Main flying purpose will be mapping/photogrammetry missions.

What about N3 + lightbridge 2. Does that combination support GS pro? I have read that UgCS should work with N3+LB2.

2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Either N3 + Lightbridge 2 or N3+ Datalink 3. If you mainly use it for agriculture, then Datalink 3 is recommended, but for normal flight, you can use N3 + Lightbridge 2.
2017-11-12
Use props
Nakadrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-12 18:37
Either N3 + Lightbridge 2 or N3+ Datalink 3. If you mainly use it for agriculture, then Datalink 3 is recommended, but for normal flight, you can use N3 + Lightbridge 2.

I´ll use for agriculture survey... How can i shutter my camera on N3???
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nakadrone Posted at 2018-9-28 09:29
I´ll use for agriculture survey... How can i shutter my camera on N3???

Hi Naka, if you use N3+LB2, you can connect the camera shutter signal to a channel between F3-F8, then set this channel as the shutter in DJI Assistant 2, set up the trigger pulse width, then you'll be able to use the shutter function on Lightbridge 2. Please note that Datalink 3 can't be used for shooting, thanks.
2018-9-29
Use props
Sword
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1476 ft
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-29 05:21
Hi Naka, if you use N3+LB2, you can connect the camera shutter signal to a channel between F3-F8, then set this channel as the shutter in DJI Assistant 2, set up the trigger pulse width, then you'll be able to use the shutter function on Lightbridge 2. Please note that Datalink 3 can't be used for shooting, thanks.

But if using  GS Pro, the way cannot work. A third-party camera cannot shutter automatically per your recommendation if  I don't use Ronin-MX.
2018-9-30
Use props
Nakadrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

I’m trying to understand the reason why DJI blocks the shutter on camera by GS Pro...
A Ronin Gimbal is very very heavy and that’s a payload that we don’t want in the drone because it’s not functional in agriculture and because it’ll loose autonomy.
Another interesting point is the video transmission from Lightbridge 2... We don’t need it... a Datalink 3 with N3 is enough to plan missions in GS Pro and mapping with all that we need (of course we’ll need to extract the log from N3 to geotag images).
DJI could sell much more N3 and Datalink 3 opening these functions...
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sword Posted at 2018-9-30 00:25
But if using  GS Pro, the way cannot work. A third-party camera cannot shutter automatically per your recommendation if  I don't use Ronin-MX.

Hi Sword, it is true that to use the auto shutter in the GS pro, users may need to use the DJI camera and the third-party camera that Ronin-MX supported. Thank you for your attention.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nakadrone Posted at 2018-9-30 09:44
I’m trying to understand the reason why DJI blocks the shutter on camera by GS Pro...
A Ronin Gimbal is very very heavy and that’s a payload that we don’t want in the drone because it’s not functional in agriculture and because it’ll loose autonomy.
Another interesting point is the video transmission from Lightbridge 2... We don’t need it... a Datalink 3 with N3 is enough to plan missions in GS Pro and mapping with all that we need (of course we’ll need to extract the log from N3 to geotag images).

Hi Nakadrone, it is because Datalink 3 is the agricultural flight controller, there is no module that can realize it. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-5
Use props
Nakadrone
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-5 03:50
Hi Nakadrone, it is because Datalink 3 is the agricultural flight controller, there is no module that can realize it. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Thor... there's a way to activate Landing Gear in N3 using Datalink 3?
I just need to activate a Landing gear... Just it...
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nakadrone Posted at 2-7 11:01
Hi Thor... there's a way to activate Landing Gear in N3 using Datalink 3?
I just need to activate a Landing gear... Just it...

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. For Datalink 3, it is unable to trigger the landing gear, you may need LB2 to map the F channel to the landing gear. Please let me know if you are using the third-party landing gear. Thanks.
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules