Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc2acc9c6
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Im in the market for a Mavic to take on my travels as the a P3P or P4P are a bit big to be easily portable, So I thought I m mgiht as well go and get the Platinum Pro version whilst Im over in HongKong early December, but customer service is clearly not what DJI are about (products are great and have taken the western world by storm but they have quite adopted a westernised level of customer service) I called the main Flagship store which is not far from where my hotel is to ask if I could pay to reserve one so I dont miss out on stock, but they said they wouldnt do this and had to use the online store, so this is what I did arranged with the hotel manager to accept my deliver for me ready for when I arrive so then placed the order on the site where shipping was stated as 5-7 days for the combo pack, great I thought it would be there before I arrive.

Since then the shipping time is now 20-25 days from order so the item will not be shipped until 8th of Dec and I will be leaving on the 11th back to the UK so cutting it fine and also wont have been able to use the drone whilst in HK.

I know these drones are in high demand but it seems strange that whilst the store has some in stock that the couldnt just ship one from their using the money from the online store (i dont mind paying a bit extra for that either!)

Is shipping always like this? It does seem like demand is high but its not like its a new drone its just a repainted version of the Mavic.

So here are my question to you guys? what do you think the chances are of the delivery date coming forward? I just got a stock alert that the US has them in stock (so not sure how HK doesnt as its kinda their back yard!)

Is it worth the wait or should I just switch it to a Mavic Pro combo?
Should I chance it and see if the store has them in stock when I arrive and buy one of the shelf and then cancel the web order?
Or should I just buy a second hand one of fleabay to take with me to use on the holiday and then sell it when I get back?

Your thoughts are appreciated I was only going for the Platinum as it quiter and there for less annoying to people around me the time limit on the battery is a bonus I guess.

Its just a shame that the main store their couldnt be a bit more helpful but then I guess they have people queing up to buy them so dont really need to, Id buy in the uk but again they are the last to get stock.

Or maybe I just buy a spark to gap fill?

Thanks from a newbie

2017-11-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, the delivery "dates"/promises are more miss than hit. Also, you may want to rethink buying in China. When you get back home, you will have to send in for warranty/repair (if needed) to China, where purchased.
If you buy in U.K., you will send to the Netherlands? for service bits.
If you just have to have something to fly and image with, get the spark, then sell it when you get back home, then get your mavic in the U.K.
My "2 pence".....
2017-11-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 2017-11-10 07:08
Yeah, the delivery "dates"/promises are more miss than hit. Also, you may want to rethink buying in China. When you get back home, you will have to send in for warranty/repair (if needed) to China, where purchased.
If you buy in U.K., you will send to the Netherlands? for service bits.
If you just have to have something to fly and image with, get the spark, then sell it when you get back home, then get your mavic in the U.K.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking didnt really want to splash out on a brand new Mavic Pro when for a few quid more I can get a Platinum.

Wasnt sure on the spark for video quality though compared with my P4P or P3P which have little difference.

What i need is a person in HK to buy one for me! and Ill buy it off them when I get there and give them a few quid on top for the trouble!

Its just annoying that the US has just got stock and yet HK hasnt and the US had much longer leads so I guess someone pulled rank to furnish US before everywhere else!

2017-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t buy in the UK - you’ll be lucky to get it by Christmas - presently 2-3 month wait!
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Could you please provide me with your order number so I can check the actual status of your order? Sorry again for this.
2017-11-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-10 19:08
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Could you please provide me with your order number so I can check the actual status of your order? Sorry again for this.

Hi Thor

Thanks for your help the order number is 8529840298700 I know everyone wants one!

What I was hoping to do was reserve one in the store (as I quite like to visit the store too as I believe it to be quite a building) or get it delivered to the hotel so it would be there on my arrival, I arranged with the hotel manager who is happy to hold on to it for me until I arrive, If there is anything that can be done to help it be at the hotel before 4th of December then I would be eternally grateful (it would be early Christmas for me!) Normally I would not have a problem waiting for stock its just I wanted to use it whilst on the trip and didnt want to run the risk of arriving in HK only to find there is no stock in the store.

Thanks

Paul
2017-11-11
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'd avoid buying from China as if you have any issues when you're back in the UK, it'll be difficult to get anything sorted. If you're not wanting to buy from DJI, try someone like Heliguy.

I've used them for all my purchases and training and cannot recommend them more!

Let us know how you get on.
2017-11-13
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys - I'm a newbie and am here because I have been waiting a month for my Platinum Fly More Combo. I've just read I may have to wait another two months? What's gone wrong?

I'm keen to get learning of course, but also I don't want an item rushed to market with faults...
2017-11-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-11-13 04:54
Hi Guys - I'm a newbie and am here because I have been waiting a month for my Platinum Fly More Combo. I've just read I may have to wait another two months? What's gone wrong?

I'm keen to get learning of course, but also I don't want an item rushed to market with faults...

It basically comes down to supply vs. demand and geography/distribution. In short, there are not enough MPP's made to meet the number of orders and Europe/UK sits in line behind the US as they have a larger market and are easier to distribute to from mainland China.
I cancelled my MPP order and walked into my local Apple Store in North London and bought a brand new MP - not only did I drive home with it on the spot but it saved me £110 so invested in some great accessories - including the new 8331 props which do make the original MP quieter.
I was looking forward to the MPP but wasn't prepared to wait until Christmas or even the new year for such minor upgrades over the MP plus if there was anything wrong with it then that would be another month waiting to sort out via DJI Holland.
So, on balance, it made more sense to me to just go for the MP. I've flown my new MP 8 times over the past week and love it - not a single issue as a brand new model and I got 25 minutes flight time on one battery landing on 14% and got another battery with the added saving too... Roll on the Mavic 2 in 2018...
2017-11-13
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - thanks! I’m tempted to do this myself...
2017-11-13
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Used drones direct in Huddersfield in the UK before. Quite good service from these guys. The Netherlands is the correct mention for spares or repair from the UK. The Platinum is also in stock as checked 2 mins ago.
2017-11-13
Use props
Scuba Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27677 ft
Slovakia

Drones Direct showing Dec 8th so no MOP in stock
Been on pre order since Sept with Heliguy and latest ETA on stock is 30th Nov bit it keeps getting put back so if not likely before Xmas then forget it as need mine for Xmas holidays. Not great service DJI
2017-11-13
Use props
ArkansasAerials
New
United States

Thats a bummer!  I placed order (US) 2 days ago (1 day after you) and estimated shipping was 5-7 days.  Fingers crossed it will arrive in that time frame.  have a job in 14 days that i would like to use it on.   
2017-11-13
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep thats why I thought about getting one in Hong Kong whilst I am there, whats more annoying is that the Flagship store had stock but I was not able to reserve one (i was happy to pay full price in advance to reserve it) I had to come into the store and buy it even though I explained my situation, they were not prepared to help out and just referred me to the online store which is where i went but the delivery date got put back even though during ordering it was 5-7 days for the shipping. I know everyone wants one I get that but I just didnt want to miss out on not having the drone for the holiday as its an anniversary trip, all I was hoping for was that maybe they could just ship one from the store stock to my hotel (if I was actually there now id walk into the store and buy one but i'm not until the 4th Of Dec and I bet by then any stock that was in the store will be gone, Oh well may a Christmas miracle will happen!
2017-11-13
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Am I right in thinking you could get the wrong localisation if you aren’t careful? For example, CE approved drones won’t go as high as FAA approved ones? Or is that just a software setting you can change?
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Schmooit Posted at 2017-11-11 03:57
Hi Thor

Thanks for your help the order number is 8529840298700 I know everyone wants one!

Hi Paul, I am so sorry for the late reply, you ordered it a Hong Kong version, right? Did you write the hotel address on the order? If you are not, please send your request to onlinesales@dji.com for the further help. If you write the address of the hotel, I had forwarded your order and your requirement to the designated team, they will do their best and work hard for this. Hope you can receive the drone soon.
2017-11-14
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-11-13 13:53
Am I right in thinking you could get the wrong localisation if you aren’t careful? For example, CE approved drones won’t go as high as FAA approved ones? Or is that just a software setting you can change?

HI Chap I think its all governed by GPS so it will be based on where you are in the world based on their geofencing the Signal on the RC might be different I guess as far as range goes I believe you can pay for unlocks through DJI, although I will be shortly doing my licence so will need to operate under the rules anyway, I fly real heli's so keeping in with the rules is always good and less come back, Also I'm not sure I could maintain LOS with the size of the P3 or Mavic, Good question though (Hong Kong and UK have same connections etc... which is good for me too
2017-11-15
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-14 03:32
Hi Paul, I am so sorry for the late reply, you ordered it a Hong Kong version, right? Did you write the hotel address on the order? If you are not, please send your request to  for the further help. If you write the address of the hotel, I had forwarded your order and your requirement to the designated team, they will do their best and work hard for this. Hope you can receive the drone soon.

HI Thor
No worries I appreciate someone trying to help

Yes I ordered a Hong Kong Version (its the same as the UK plug types) I put the Hotel ICON and the managers name on the delivery address of the order and he is expecting to receive the package for me, if the store has one in stock would appreciate if they could ship one to the hotel if possible, I have sent emails into the onlinesales team already and they just tell me the item is due to ship on the 8th of Dec and whilst they have tried to help it seems it just a standard reply.

If I could guarantee/reserve that there would be stock in the store on HK island when I arrive I would just buy there but don't want to risk it.

Any help is appreciated

Maybe the delay is because a White Mavic has just been released?

Paul
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Schmooit Posted at 2017-11-15 10:27
HI Thor
No worries I appreciate someone trying to help

I am sorry for that I am not able to guarantee for you. While your order has been forwarded to the designated team, they will do the best. You have my best wishes.
2017-11-16
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-16 01:58
I am sorry for that I am not able to guarantee for you. While your order has been forwarded to the designated team, they will do the best. You have my best wishes.

Thanks for trying but I'm no better off now I think the safest thing is to wait a bit nearer the time and if it still hasn't shipped Ill just cancel the order and run the risk of buying at the store itself! Or go with another brand.

It just seems crazy to me that you guys cant just take my money and ship one from the store to my hotel as a good will gesture, if I was already over there id walk through the door and buy one, but it would seem that is to difficult to arrange maybe the flagship store isn't that flagship after all. Id even pay for the courier or Uber to get it to the hotel! It just a shame that a company that is the world leader for this type of product continually suffers from stock shortages.
2017-11-16
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have my money now, so I am stuck waiting. I've already bought some accessories too, so my ability to hop to another brand is slightly limited. I like what I see in the reviews an testimonials, but out of interest, who is a decent competitor?  Is there one?
2017-11-16
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 2017-11-15 10:17
HI Chap I think its all governed by GPS so it will be based on where you are in the world based on their geofencing the Signal on the RC might be different I guess as far as range goes I believe you can pay for unlocks through DJI, although I will be shortly doing my licence so will need to operate under the rules anyway, I fly real heli's so keeping in with the rules is always good and less come back, Also I'm not sure I could maintain LOS with the size of the P3 or Mavic, Good question though (Hong Kong and UK have same connections etc... which is good for me too

Yep - I haven't gotten to the stage (obviously) of thinking about my CAA certification, so its 120m and LOS for me :-)
2017-11-16
Use props
djiuser_hbwMeUn
New

United Kingdom

So I ordered my Mavic Pro Platinum on the 17th October to the UK and was given a excted delivery of 12-19 days. I contacted DJi after 2-3 weeks and was told my order would be shipped on or before 13th Nov. I contacted DJi after not receiving any updates regarding the delivery and have now been told they are out of stock and they are waiting for a delivery from China. They are unable to give me any estimates on how long this could be and are being very un-helpful. I think this could have been forceen by DJi and we could be updated on the delivery progress much earlier. I have contacted DJi on the online chat and asked about new sales for a mavic pro platinum they state it will take 5-7 days for the Flymore yet can’t update me on my order which was ordered a month ago. I’m really disappointed in them and think this is terrible service.
2017-11-16
Use props
djiuser_hbwMeUn
New

United Kingdom

So I ordered my Mavic Pro Platinum on the 17th October to the UK and was given a excted delivery of 12-19 days. I contacted DJi after 2-3 weeks and was told my order would be shipped on or before 13th Nov. I contacted DJi after not receiving any updates regarding the delivery and have now been told they are out of stock and they are waiting for a delivery from China. They are unable to give me any estimates on how long this could be and are being very un-helpful. I think this could have been forceen by DJi and we could be updated on the delivery progress much earlier. I have contacted DJi on the online chat and asked about new sales for a mavic pro platinum they state it will take 5-7 days for the Flymore yet can’t update me on my order which was ordered a month ago. I’m really disappointed in them and think this is terrible service.
2017-11-16
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_hbwMeUn Posted at 2017-11-16 12:35

Yep that is what I had Id buy in the UK but no stock in my local Apple Store or online nor are the other retailers its all pre-order, my frustration is the fact Ive been lucky enough to be going to Hong Kong not far from where they are based! So thought id order there to guarantee a chance of getting one for my holiday but now just get an answer of my order will ship on the 8th of Dec! Which is no the 5-7 days when they accepted my order. I think there is a lot of false advertising on this and the fact they can bring out another White version which will have used up Manufacturing time when this could have been better spent completing the back log of Platinums!

I don't really want to purchase an Mavic stnd mainly because for a few quid extra I can get a quieter and more efficient one

2017-11-16
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-11-16 10:09
Yep - I haven't gotten to the stage (obviously) of thinking about my CAA certification, so its 120m and LOS for me :-)

I'm an FAA registered heli pilot and fly fixed wings too did all the CAA exams for the real thing a while ago and never did the flight test (went to Florida and did my Heli licence instead!)

I'm going to wait till the weather picks up after Christmas and do my CAA PFCO, that said the unlocks are only really required if you are in an area where there are other flight activity, if you are out in an area of class G airspace theoretically you should be in restricted in the same as normal aircraft are, however there will always be someone's airspace nearby! I'm in Southampton and over the IOW you cant fly above 3500FT in anything as you will then be in Gatwick TMZ (that said I don't think a Mavic would show up on radar!)

My rule of thumb is LOS anywhere in built up areas and generally if I cant see the drone on a clear day I should really be sending that far anyway, Inspire are easier to see mind!

Good luck if you go for the CAA there are plenty of site offering some PPL ground course study that will help, MET will be one as this affect all flight ops
2017-11-16
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavikMatt Posted at 2017-11-16 10:03
DJI have my money now, so I am stuck waiting. I've already bought some accessories too, so my ability to hop to another brand is slightly limited. I like what I see in the reviews an testimonials, but out of interest, who is a decent competitor?  Is there one?

Another brand is a tricky one for me, I kinda defaulted to DJI as they seem to get the best reviews so haven't really looked that much I was thinking maybe the Karma (I know it had a bad rep at the start but I think the reviews are pretty good now (and you can use your goPro as a normal camera too!)

They have my money too! I think they need to sort out their logistics, as a quick google show this is not some thing new to DJI

Its just annoying that I can pay a shop in my local town to reserve and item for me to collect at a later date but I cant do that in the DJI store in HK and had to order for DJI HK online!

Hope you get yours soon and I'm not gonna get too exited as that is just lining myself up for disappointment!
2017-11-16
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know what you mean. We stay in HK fairly often (four times this year) and I have to say my shopping experience over the years has been variable. In the past I've looked there for big ticket items and now don't bother.  It isn't duty free like the good old days, selection isn't that great and you have to be very careful with regionalisation/warranty issues that cause problems later.  Hard to beat the internet, although of course a lot more quality stuff is coming out from China.  For me, what is happening here with DJI is about par for the course.

It must be a heck of a challenge doing import/export as a job!  
2017-11-18
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a few minutes spare so thought I'd try DJI customer services. Bit like treacle.

Does anyone have any Exec email addresses? I think they need to be challenged on their failure to meet demand. My worry is that quality will now suffer in the chaos.
2017-11-18
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quick update, Ive just checked my order and it now says shipped, but Ive not had an emails stating this or any tracking info, (it could be that status = shipped means it has been shipped from the factory to the warehouse)

Fingers crossed it will arrive before I do! It has taken a lot of badgering mind I have also posted another question re-warranty and care refresh as I cant find any conclusive details on warranty (I get it is possibly related to country of purchase or registration but less of that its in the this link https://forum.dji.com/thread-83131-1-1.html if the link get moderated then search for Dji care refresh not a international coverage.

I only wanted to get it in HK cos they had stock and yes its a bit cheaper wish I hadt now as the UK I think had them as the shipping has dropped down to 5-7 on the DJI store now but the HK one now says it shipped so I might as well make the saving and see it through now Ive invested all this time!

I even bought a spark combo just incase! still got a cracking deal from Maplins just before black Friday deals kicked in £499 for the white combo with same day shipping from my local store for £11, if Id of known the price would go back up everywhere just before the black Friday tom foolery I would have bought a few of them and sold on ebay! Doh!

P
2017-11-20
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got a shipping email today and thought ‘at last’. Trouble is, when I looked properly it was just for an accessory I purchased at the same time as the MPP and care package .  What a waste of my time and DJI resources!!
2017-11-21
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update****
It has now been confirmed it has shipped out and I wasn't dreaming, weird though as it still says 20-25 days on the site! and for a further insult I think the UK now has stock as the main website is saying 5-7 days from DJI!

Still I know what would have happened if I had just waited! I would now be without the HK option or the UK option! Still just glad its on its way now! @MavicMatt hope you enjoy it when you get it I'm sure you will chap

Any good ideas for a good deal on a DSLR in HK nothing flash mind Ive just blown the holiday kitty on the MPP! Shhh don't tell her indoors!
2017-11-21
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 2017-11-21 12:48
Update****
It has now been confirmed it has shipped out and I wasn't dreaming, weird though as it still says 20-25 days on the site! and for a further insult I think the UK now has stock as the main website is saying 5-7 days from DJI!

Take care with your camera purchase! Can’t go wrong with a Canon, imho although as I said before big ticket items are no cheaper there now. Mind you, I needed to replace my waterproof cam and got a nice deal on an Olympus Tough. A new one had just come out and I bought the older model.  Head down to Kowloon? Try you luck with a Canon EOS and see if you can get a second lens or flash in a deal.
2017-11-21
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update****

Update****

Take care with your camera purchase! Can’t go wrong with a Canon, imho although as I said before big ticket items are no cheaper there now. Mind you, I needed to replace my waterproof cam and got a nice deal on an Olympus Tough. A new one had just come out and I bought the older model.  Head down to Kowloon and try your luck with a Canon EOS and see if you can get a second lens or flash in a deal.
2017-11-21
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oops - double posted. I also should  add that I have a Sony Alpha DSLR. I quite like it.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Update****

Good news. Hope you'll receive it soon.
2017-11-21
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 18:52
Good news. Hope you'll receive it soon.

Thanks chap It looks like it at the hotel waiting for me now! So Christmas did come early for me, not sure her indoors will be as happy mind!

Thanks for your effort

P
2017-11-23
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like mine is on its way from Germany! Looking forward to it arriving next week I guess!!
2017-11-24
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just before the Christmas rush have fun with it, I was too impatient I bought the spark combo just in case so now have 2 to play with, i think im gonna use the spark as an everyday carry around

2017-11-24
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have fun!

Robinson, eh? Not my fave. I'm ex Jet ranger crew and like the idea of two engines :-)
2017-11-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules