Registering products purchased
2825 9 2014-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

I'd like to register all of the items that I've purchased. The Phantom registration process worked fine, but the batteries and prop guards are not recognized by the DJI website. I keep getting "Your input does not meet the requirements." But when I scan the items' bar code, I get the correct descriptions.

All items were purchased from a recognized dealer here.

Please advise if you would.

Thank you.

Insitb

2014-10-21
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Insitb, right now, only the Phantom serial can be registered, the accessories are unable to be registered yet.
2014-10-21
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Hi Sophie.

OK, got it. Thanks for your prompt input.

Cheers.
2014-10-21
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-10-22 12:21
Hi Sophie.

OK, got it. Thanks for your prompt input.

What does registering achieve?
Are we better protected by the warranty applicable or are there any security benefits?

Never seem to get a straight answer, so please explain the purpose?

Regards
Mix
2014-10-26
Use props
shacks86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361844 ft
United Kingdom

I would hope that if anything did happen eg theft or crash in a no fly area the serials would be used for this for DJI / Authorities to trace the property back to the owner.   Its also useful if ever you loose your original box although only one QR code is listed so it would be useful if the wifi QR could also be added to the registered serial.

Ide also like a little more of an official answer to what registering achieves.

Thanks Shacks
2014-10-26
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Well, once my item is accepted into the DJI database, I know that it hasn't been cloned and/or registered previously. Similarly, if anyone tries to register my serial number, then that would pop a red flag and they'd be able to check that out.

It would be great if the batteries could be registered, because I think this would bring to light any knock-offs right away. Better you know your battery is a clone right from the get-go, rather than after you've taken it up 300 feet eh.
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

avoid clones by buying direct from DJi or appointed dealers.
DJI have an online shop on their website if youre so inclined.

Batts and props are critical flight components...why would you risk a clone ?
2014-10-26
Use props
r4boat
lvl.1

United States

Where do you go to register your product? I have a new Pv2 and cant find that info??
2014-12-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

r4boat@verizon. Posted at 2014-12-14 02:35
Where do you go to register your product? I have a new Pv2 and cant find that info??

Click on your sign in name at the top tight of this page, then, modify password at the lower left.  You don't need to modify your password though, just register a new product.
2014-12-13
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 10:22
avoid clones by buying direct from DJi or appointed dealers.
DJI have an online shop on their websi ...

Well said.  I totally agree. Some things ARE just to important to chance on an aftermarket part.
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules