5062 76 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Steve Sob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7344475 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was hoping to find out more about your issue.  I received my Cendence last week and last night I went out to drone and I lost signal at about 50-75'.  The lights went out on my Inspire 2 as well.  I managed to get her down safely.  Right before the lights went out, the controller indicated that I have lost signal. I checked on everything and even rebooted.  I launched again and exactly the same thing happened.  

I am using the patch antenna as well. I am going to fly tonight after work and use the supplied omnidirectional antenna to see if I have this same issue.  

I did update the Cendence before flying and was struggling a bit with the User settings.  

I am grounded until I can figure this out.  Anyone have an idea if the patch is the issue?

Thank you in advance...
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Capt. Steve Sob Posted at 2017-11-15 14:14
I was hoping to find out more about your issue.  I received my Cendence last week and last night I went out to drone and I lost signal at about 50-75'.  The lights went out on my Inspire 2 as well.  I managed to get her down safely.  Right before the lights went out, the controller indicated that I have lost signal. I checked on everything and even rebooted.  I launched again and exactly the same thing happened.  

I am using the patch antenna as well. I am going to fly tonight after work and use the supplied omnidirectional antenna to see if I have this same issue.  

Hi, Steve, if the problem persists with Patch Antenna, please send in for warranty service, we suggest to use supplied omnidirectional antenna during flight.
2017-11-15
Use props
FlyPro-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3536906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same problem as Electrica.

My Cendense arrived last week and I did the November FW update with the patch antenna atatched as soon as it arrived.

I cannot fly more than about 30m without the signal reducing fron 100% and cannot get more that about 200m without total loss of signal.

The standard stick antennas work much better than the patch antenna, which is totaly unuseable.

Do you think this is normal or should I return the patch antenna for repair?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlyPro-UK Posted at 2017-11-16 23:22
I have the same problem as Electrica.

My Cendense arrived last week and I did the November FW update with the patch antenna atatched as soon as it arrived.

We are so sorry for the trouble caused.
We suggest to send in the Patch Antenna for repair service, please install the omnidirectional antenna for flight temporarily.
2017-11-17
Use props
OverlookFilmStu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5677631 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-11-12 12:56
Please report on whether the focus control works. There is  a report that there are issues with the focus control.

On mine it does work fine.
2017-12-8
Use props
OverlookFilmStu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

On my Cendence the thing I'm having an issue with is the righthand antenna mount. I pulls out and twists as though it broke free from it's mount.  I can't tell if the plastic broke.  No drops or abuse.  Been in my GPC case or using it.  I also notice that when you unscrew the antennas the nuts can back out to far and can bind against the base of the antenna.  These should have a stop on them to allow them to spin freely without threading back onto itself and causing the pinching.  When you screw the antennas on, it's hard to twist them sideways to store as well.  Maybe that's what caused the righthand one to break free.
2017-12-8
Use props
OverlookFilmStu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

OverlookFilmStu Posted at 2017-12-8 16:20
On my Cendence the thing I'm having an issue with is the righthand antenna mount. I pulls out and twists as though it broke free from it's mount.  I can't tell if the plastic broke.  No drops or abuse.  Been in my GPC case or using it.  I also notice that when you unscrew the antennas the nuts can back out to far and can bind against the base of the antenna.  These should have a stop on them to allow them to spin freely without threading back onto itself and causing the pinching.  When you screw the antennas on, it's hard to twist them sideways to store as well.  Maybe that's what caused the righthand one to break free.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

A couple more close ups.

2017-12-8
Use props
OverlookFilmStu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

2017-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyPro-UK Posted at 2017-11-13 05:59
Just in case anyone else has the same problem:

The problem with right wheel failing to control gimbal yaw/pan after a remote controller recalibration was resolved by performing the recalibration again but remembering to move the right wheel left & right several times after doing both sticks and the left wheel but before pressing finish.

Okay, this is undocumented right now but if you recalibrate the Cendence remote; you will need to move both sticks, move both yaw and pan dials too. The Go 4 App will not give you any feedback on the  screen regarding the right dial, just do it anyway.... and you will have everything working again.

DJI is aware of this and will fix the App or FW soon.

Rich
2017-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Posted at 2017-11-15 00:16
When it arrived the remote needed an update, which was performed.
I never tried it before, as I updated it on boot, but another user suggests that might be the problem.

Elektrica
I missed your post until now. I have been using my Patch antanna since I received the new Cendence. It works perfectly for me so far. I have not gone more than about 6000 feet away on my test flights.  I see that Rodge8 said it only works on 2.4G band which has me concerned because I switched to 5.8 today while flying and did not have any problems ??
I was not in the mountains today, but so far it has been very impressive.
Sounds like you might have a bad Patch antenna my friend.

DJI Mindy, it it true the Patch antenna does not work on both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz bands??  

Rich
2017-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 05:38
OK, looking forward to your update.

DJI Mindy, it it true the Patch antenna does not work on both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz bands??  

Rich
2017-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-11-12 12:56
Please report on whether the focus control works. There is  a report that there are issues with the focus control.

my focus wheel works on my Cendence. So far I need to put the camera into manual mode first and then the focus wheel is active. It doesn't seem to switch automatically for me anyway.

I will do some more testing, but the weather has been bad... or to cold  

Rich
2017-12-8
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-8 22:49
Eleckria
I missed your post until now. I have been using my Patch antanna since I received the new Cendence. It works perfectly for me so far. I have not gone more than about 6000 feet away on my test flights.  I see that Rodge8 said it only works on 2.4G band which has me concerned because I switched to 5.8 today while flying and did not have any problems ??
I was not in the mountains today, but so far it has been very impressive.

I sent it back for repairs a while ago. I am waiting for the replacement.
2017-12-8
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621309 ft
United States

HA, You better use it first before making a statement like that.  I've had it since August and it's never worked right, I've used it with the Crystal Sky and IOS.  Eventually they will release a version of firmware that will take care of all the issues.  I went out and bought an Inspire 2 controller just so I could fly my Matrice 210 and not have to deal with the glitches.  Good luck.
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-8 22:50

Rich

If you get poor signal with Patch antennas, it will need to be sent in for repair service. I apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-12-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-10 03:43
If you get poor signal with Patch antennas, it will need to be sent in for repair service. I apologize for the trouble caused.

Hi Mindy,

My Patch antenna is working okay.  Can you tell me if the Patch antenna is designed to work on both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz frequencies?   because if this is only designed for 2.4 Ghz   I will need to be more careful when I fly and not change over to 5.8 when using it

Thanks again
Rich
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-10 21:12
Hi Mindy,

My Patch antenna is working okay.  Can you tell me if the Patch antenna is designed to work on both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz frequencies?   because if this is only designed for 2.4 Ghz   I will need to be more careful when I fly and not change over to 5.8 when using it

Hi, Rich, I'm confirming with our developers, will keep you updated shortly.
2017-12-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-11 01:12
Hi, Rich, I'm confirming with our developers, will keep you updated shortly.

Thank you so much Mindy for checking into this for us

Rich
2017-12-11
Use props
fans3a27f77e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8621595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats odd,  I can also confirm that my patch antennae on my cendence stopped working after the last update.  it worked perfect before the last update, now it works like 100feet away before cutting out.  I noticed that with the CAN power plug plugged in, is when the problem persits, as soon as I unplug its significantly better but not nearly as good as when I first got it before the update.  It would cut through trees and all type of obstacles now its no better than the omni but just more directional.  
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-11 12:47
Thank you so much Mindy for checking into this for us

Rich

Hi, Rich, thanks for the patience, I have confirmed with our engineers, the Patch antenna is designed to work on both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz frequencies.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3a27f77e Posted at 2017-12-12 19:47
Thats odd,  I can also confirm that my patch antennae on my cendence stopped working after the last update.  it worked perfect before the last update, now it works like 100feet away before cutting out.  I noticed that with the CAN power plug plugged in, is when the problem persits, as soon as I unplug its significantly better but not nearly as good as when I first got it before the update.  It would cut through trees and all type of obstacles now its no better than the omni but just more directional.

Sir, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, if the signal with Patch Antenna is poorer than Antenna in the same time and at the same place, we suggest to send in for diagnosis, we are sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-12-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-12 21:28
Hi, Rich, thanks for the patience, I have confirmed with our engineers, the Patch antenna is designed to work on both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz frequencies.

Hi Mindy,
Excellent news!  Thank you for verifying this information for us.

All the best
Rich
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-13 08:37
Hi Mindy,
Excellent news!  Thank you for verifying this information for us.

Rich, you are welcome, if there is any problem with Patch Antenna, please don't hesitate to let me know.
2017-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-14 02:52
Rich, you are welcome, if there is any problem with Patch Antenna, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hi Mindy
no problems with my Patch Antenna so far. Could DJI give us some instructions regarding the best use practices of this style of antenna?
Maybe some drawings showing the strong and weak signal patterns as compared to the position of the aircraft. Some illustrations would be awesome.  

Thank you
Rich
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-14 08:31
Hi Mindy
no problems with my Patch Antenna so far. Could DJI give us some instructions regarding the best use practices of this style of antenna?
Maybe some drawings showing the strong and weak signal patterns as compared to the position of the aircraft. Some illustrations would be awesome.  

Hi Rich, there is a brief recommended usage in the user manual, is it OK? patch antenna.png
2017-12-15
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

I'm having similar problems.  Only my second time flying with the Cendence and  start dropping signal and completely disconnecting with AC  around 800-1000ft much less if I'm not perfectly aligned with the patch antenna and the AC. I have not had an opportunity to fly with the omni antennas to compare. I suppose it could be the radio but after reading this thread it sounds like a common issue with the patch antenna.  All FW is up to date.
2018-1-2
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans37898345 Posted at 2018-1-2 14:21
I'm having similar problems.  Only my second time flying with the Cendence and  start dropping signal and completely disconnecting with AC  around 800-1000ft much less if I'm not perfectly aligned with the patch antenna and the AC. I have not had an opportunity to fly with the omni antennas to compare. I suppose it could be the radio but after reading this thread it sounds like a common issue with the patch antenna.  All FW is up to date.

I have to say that after the last update the Cendence and the Patch Antenna work perfectly. I was able to fix the problem with DJI support and I am more than happy now. Great remote, well built and full of features. I really love it.
2018-1-19
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 02:47
Thank for the quick reply, we have confirmed with our engineers, sorry to tell you the Patch Antenna will need to be sent in for repair/replacement service.
Please start a ticket at your most convenience and send in, sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that have been caused.

Has been working fine for a while now, more than happy
Thanks Mindy
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elektrica Posted at 2018-1-19 14:08
Has been working fine for a while now, more than happy
Thanks Mindy

Glad to know you got it back and works fine, enjoy it.
2018-1-20
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-20 07:37
Glad to know you got it back and works fine, enjoy it.

Very fine, I also tested it today on a long range flight and it behaved perfectly with the Patch Antenna
2018-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-15 00:44
Hi Rich, there is a brief recommended usage in the user manual, is it OK?[view_image]

Dear Mindy, we all love and cherish you for your efforts, but I couldn't control myself looking at this picture you recommend.  "... controller perform best within the range displayed ..." What is the range displayed? Judging roughly by proportions of Cendence and Inspire pictured here it's about 5m. Not much, I'm afraid ...
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-21 01:23
Dear Mindy, we all love and cherish you for your efforts, but I couldn't control myself looking at this picture you recommend.  "... controller perform best within the range displayed ..." What is the range displayed? Judging roughly by proportions of Cendence and Inspire pictured here it's about 5m. Not much, I'm afraid ...

Hi Matthew,  thanks for your support to my work here, sorry for the confusion of the user manual, it is not about the distance, it's about the position between Patch Antenna and the aircraft, we recommend to adjust the Antenna like the picture shows in user manual to get the great performance.
Appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 07:29
Hi Matthew,  thanks for your support to my work here, sorry for the confusion of the user manual, it is not about the distance, it's about the position between Patch Antenna and the aircraft, we recommend to adjust the Antenna like the picture shows in user manual to get the great performance.
Appreciate your understanding.

I was just joking, but since you're here would you do us a favour and address my question posted in Matrice 200 department, please?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D427%26typeid%3D427
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-22 18:06
I was just joking, but since you're here would you do us a favour and address my question posted in Matrice 200 department, please?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=130599&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D427%26typeid%3D427

I have replied your post and update, please check.
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_xpGnlTU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4593 ft
United States

hi just recived my cendence controler last night . havent flow the inspire 2 . should i fly with the patch antenna or the pole antenns . any help.
2018-1-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_xpGnlTU Posted at 2018-1-24 07:45
hi just recived my cendence controler last night . havent flow the inspire 2 . should i fly with the patch antenna or the pole antenns . any help.

I'll suggest flying with standard antenna system first to make sure everything is OK, and experiment with patch antenna later. Make sure you understand the difference between these two.
2018-1-24
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_xpGnlTU Posted at 2018-1-24 07:45

Patch antenna has a longer range, but as suggested, try one and then the other as well and simply compare.
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules