how does the insurance work
734 7 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

I just bought a pro platinum was delivered today I also bought the insurance for $129.00, do I need to fill out forms and regester my craft with DJI?

I may not get to fly this for a week as Im out of town what are the rules I need to follow

thank you
2017-11-10
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Did you order it at the same time as your drone?  If so, you will get an email and don't need to do anything, you're covered.  Just keep the email.  You will need to register even to fly the drone.
2017-11-10
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once activated, you're good to go. Warranty begins. Have fun !
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, did you purchase the Care Refresh along with the drone? If you purchase DJI Care Refresh with a brand-new product, DJI Care Refresh will be valid automatically from two days after product shipment.
You can also click here to check your remaining balance.
2017-11-10
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

yep got it same time and did get an email. Where do I regester my drone with DJI?
2017-11-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

40buickcoupe Posted at 2017-11-11 04:20
yep got it same time and did get an email. Where do I regester my drone with DJI?

do I need to fill out forms and regester my craft with DJI?

As Javey mentioned, the Go app will require you to register it when you first try to fly (you'll need to make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet).

what are the rules I need to follow

That depends on where you're flying. The forum says that you're in the United States, so you'll want to review and follow the FAA's regulations -- which are pretty minimal for recreational flight and are summarized here -- and also any local laws, though those generally tend to be more common sense things like not using your drone to peep into peoples' windows. Here's a web site that allows you to look up the laws for your state.

And while you're at it, you may want to go ahead and register as a drone owner with the FAA. It's currently not strictly necessary due to some legal wrangling, but it's almost certainly going to become a requirement again in the near future as it was until a few months back.  Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) Registration Service

Oh, and one other thing: be sure to read and understand the Mavic's user manual. Since you said you have some time before you actually start flying now is the perfect time to familiarize yourself with the manual.

2017-11-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

40buickcoupe Posted at 2017-11-11 04:20

Your Drone will be registered once you Activate it which you must do to fly, Create an account on DJI website
2017-11-11
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

great info thank you
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules