Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone Holder Lock Knob Stuck!
3773 7 2017-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4cef90be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110883 ft
United States

For some reason, the large knob that opens and closes the phone holder clamps is stuck in full open position.  I didn’t do anything to my device to cause this, when I last used it a week ago it was fine. It was sitting in the desk stand and was untouched the entire time. But now the knob won’t turn at all. Has anyone experienced anything similar?  I have no idea what to do without risking damaging the mechanism. Is there a physical lock designed into this mechanism I’m not aware of?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
2017-11-11
Use props
MMARKOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United States

Although I have never had this problem, things I would try include trying to blow out any dirt or dust, even using a Q-tip if you can see any dirt around the knob. Also, I might try the low setting of a hair dryer to try to free up the knob.
2017-11-12
Use props
fans4cef90be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110883 ft
United States

Thanks for the ideas MMARKOE!  In my case, the know definitely does not have any dirt underneath it or around it.  The gap behind the know is very small so there is little chance for dirt to get back there.  Also, suspect dirt would make the know only difficult to turn instead of locked up solid.  Your idea of the hair dryer is an interesting one as I suspect the metal gears inside are somehow locked.  Heat may possibly allow the gears to expand and possibly unlock.

However, at this point I am just going to send it in for warranty repair.  I would rather let DJI fix the issue then me try to muddle through it without any guarantee of success.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the trouble caused, you are right to send it in, our repair team will help you out and get it fixed, thanks for the patience.
If you need any assistance during the repair process, please let me know.
2017-11-13
Use props
fans9ef9e8b1
New

France

Hi there, I have the exact same issue. My Osmo mobile had this trouble ever since I tried to use it. Can you contact me to ser if I'm elligible to warranty?
2018-3-5
Use props
igor.kostov
New
North Macedonia

Hi to all.
I kinda had the same problem, only, the lock knob itself broke while trying to unlock it.
Is there any way to purchase the knob?

2018-10-2
Use props
movieimix
New
Russia

Jammed the handle holder lock handle. Before that, everything worked well, the handle rotated. I can't get her to move. What am I to do?
2018-10-26
Use props
movieimix
New
Russia

Jammed the handle holder lock handle. Before that, everything worked well, the handle rotated. I can't get her to move. What am I to do?
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules