Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Invoice from Dji, incl tax
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Theres one question i asked support about, that they neither understood or could answer.
Maybe someone here can?

Me, like many others have a company, and we can deduct the VAT, but that requires a spescified invoice with the net amount, VAT amount and the total.
Do all the invoices from Dji come spescified like this?
Or even better, someone care to take a snap of your latest invoice and post it here?

Cheers
2017-11-12
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that myself. Here in the U.S. the Sales Tax is collected by the individual States and the amount varies State to State.
2017-11-12
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-12 04:29
I noticed that myself. Here in the U.S. the Sales Tax is collected by the individual States and the amount varies State to State.

But you have no personal experience with it yourself, such as an invoice from them?
2017-11-12
Use props
GeoffT
lvl.3

France

I'm in the United Kingdom, although I don't run my drones through my business I have made a purchase from the DJI site, it gives the option to download a VAT invoice which I have done but it excludes the important information you would normally associate with such an invoice such as a VAT registration number, a breakdown of the tax charged. So perhaps worth consulting the tax authorities in Norway to see how you stand for reclaiming this.

On my invoice is says under my details VAT number:None so perhaps  there is an option in the purchasing or account setup process to enter your number and have it supplied at the Pre-VAT price. I'm not really sure how it works when VAT is dealt with by companies outside Europe,the company making the supply is in Hong Kong.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-12 06:20
But you have no personal experience with it yourself, such as an invoice from them?

The only invoice that I have ever seen are the ones under my account and that just has the individual prices and a total $ amount.
2017-11-12
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-12 12:12
The only invoice that I have ever seen are the ones under my account and that just has the individual prices and a total $ amount.

Yes, thats what i recall too.
When asking Dji, the either pretend the dont understand what im talking about, or simply not willing to provide us with what we need.
2017-11-12
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Found a copy of an old order here, does yours look like this?

Dji says price is included VAT, but how can they document that, if there are no VAT specification? It is correct that i dont receive any extra VAT claims, but im entitled to the VAT refund when buying from abroad.
If Dji cannot answer this themselves, who can? Going trough court?

2017-11-12
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-12 14:29
Yes, thats what i recall too.
When asking Dji, the either pretend the dont understand what im talking about, or simply not willing to provide us with what we need.

It is not proper because they say "Tax" included. What or which "Tax" ?
2017-11-12
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-12 19:27
It is not proper because they say "Tax" included. What or which "Tax" ?

Exactly, and they need to give the customer the option to take care of the tax themselves.
In Norway, its actually not allowed to send out a invoice without tax specification, the amount and the rate.

If its outside the region, it should look like this.
Also, its not allowed to charge VAT on international orders.
What they might do, is to cover the VAT for the customer, and that is also wrong, cause all VAT registered companies are entitled to VAT deduction.

2017-11-13
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-13 02:32
Exactly, and they need to give the customer the option to take care of the tax themselves.
In Norway, its actually not allowed to send out a invoice without tax specification, the amount and the rate.

I am beginning to think that there is a misprint there. It would be a monumental task to collect tax worldwide. If it were me I would remove that statement.
2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-11-13 04:40
I am beginning to think that there is a misprint there. It would be a monumental task to collect tax worldwide. If it were me I would remove that statement.

This is frustration level: HIGH
That not a single person at Dji have any real professional knowledge about these things, goes beyond my rational way of thinking
2017-11-13
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-13 05:00
This is frustration level: HIGH
That not a single person at Dji have any real professional knowledge about these things, goes beyond my rational way of thinking

I think that is the reason for it being in the price. Tax should not be there.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules