phantom 2 controller to drone
845 7 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheerupgoth_
New

United Kingdom

hello i have a phantom 2 and have just instaulled the light bridge i am now unable to conrtole the drone,gimal or even start up the drone the conection from the drone to the controller is completely lost any ideas or help that anyone could shed some light on this would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance!!!
2015-4-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

How did you connect Lightbridge to your transmitter ?
What does the control indicator LED on the air end show ?
And as usual much more detailed information is needed to be able to diagnose
2015-4-11
Use props
cheerupgoth_
New

United Kingdom

hi john
sorry for the small details, i am just learning all about drones so not fully aware of the whole set up should i have bought a transmitter for my set up? i am able to watch the live feed from the go pro onto my screen via a HDMI cable and that works perfect. the air end as in the 3 lights at the end of each drone arm? they just flash amber and do not change. thanks again
2015-4-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK, This video shows the Lightbridge installation on the Phantom 2, watch it
From the video you need a transmitter with a trainer port to connect the Lightbridge ground end, the standard Phantom 2 transmitter does not work.
The control link indicator is on the air end of the Lightbridge transmitter and its codes are explained on page 10 of the Lightbridge manual that you can read HERE

So I am guessing that you need another transmitter with a training port to plug the Lightbridge cable into ?
2015-4-12
Use props
cheerupgoth_
New

United Kingdom

Thankyou for your help I shall get back to you with a result if I get it working!!
2015-4-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

No problem, hope you get it sorted soon.
2015-4-13
Use props
cheerupgoth_
New

United Kingdom

OK so i have the phantom 2 the handset it came with says it is the latest one  less on the front with a trainer port plug in the rear should that still work with the light bridge ? I have also updated the firmware on the controller and the phantom itself, controller no problem but drone gets an error message saying "CFG-ERR configuration error this may cause by firmware upgrade formal version or abnormal TX calibration. Re calibrate your transmitter and power cycle your controller and check all of your parameters.
So calibration done, power cycle done of both - no change ?????
2015-4-13
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

The first thing we need to know is exactly what model and version number Phantom you have ?
Then we can go through all the assistant and firmware updates.
Now that you have added the Lightbridge we also need to check that its up-to-date as well.
The good news is the trainer port on the new style transmitter should work with the Lightbridge. (I assumed you had an older version)
Some photos of the update screen on the assistant would help as it lists all the firmware installed.

As a general rule, if you update one thing you need to do the lot, Transmitter, Phantom, Gimbal, Camera and app if applicable.
2015-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules